Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2018 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
Assuming a theory that only 1 Godzilla appear at a time, it size is not that crazy big and at most a size of Mount. Fuji. Godzilla movespeed is about 40KM per hour as mentioned in anime.

Taking those data in consideration, why don't human only evacuate to the total opposite side of Earth and survive and try to find a way instead?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 17, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2015
They nuked the hell out of him, so much so that they would have in reality contaminated earth beyond livability, and they didn't even scratch him with his shielding and regeneration combined. Along came two alien species to help, but they never got mecha-godzilla up and running (last ditch combined effort I'm guessing). With alien technology to travel in space it seems logical to just load as many people onto ships and gtfo.
Jan 17, 2018 12:44 PM
May 2017
Yeah, 40 km/hour of unstoppable doom. Not counting other kaijuus, Godzilla is really unharmed even by the countless nuke bombing, and it doesn't effect wherther its on land or seas, Godzilla really is unstoppable force of disaster that will lay waste every single thing down in its path. Imagine all if you will, that this is the realistic outcome of all those Godzilla movies, but without him goes back to the ocean by the end of it.
The true question is, why didn't human just settle on the moon in the first plave? Finding habitable planet without an exact plan is kinda stupid, plus there aren't any threat outside of earth atmosphere.
Jan 17, 2018 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
I dont know why they didnt just set up base on the moon?
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jan 18, 2018 1:16 AM

Dec 2014
zunderdog24 said:

This is true, being at Moon still able to observe the Earth and able to go to Earth occasionally for resources with alien technology .

That being said, because of plot, I don't think human will be this stupid and do stupid thing by wandering around the space.

Also, those alien said that they have witness countless of other habitable planets before, how come they still don't get any knowledge regarding such a calamity/disaster?

Are these alien idiot or what? Having such a high technology but basically brain dead idiot.
Jan 18, 2018 8:13 AM
Dec 2010
It's just a film. In reality not only people would not evacuate - it wouldn't be possible to evacuate everyone, and those few thousand people who did escape would be tiny minority. After returning 20.000 years later, godzilla problem would most likely be long resolved by humans who remained on the planet. Not to mention it's basically impossible for any living organism of that size to survive multiple blasts from nuclear eruptions. Don't expect too much of a realism in movies such as this.
Jan 18, 2018 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Novalogic said:
It's just a film. In reality not only people would not evacuate - it wouldn't be possible to evacuate everyone, and those few thousand people who did escape would be tiny minority. After returning 20.000 years later, godzilla problem would most likely be long resolved by humans who remained on the planet. Not to mention it's basically impossible for any living organism of that size to survive multiple blasts from nuclear eruptions. Don't expect too much of a realism in movies such as this.

Obviously I knew this in term of our reality life, what I am trying to discuss is from the view of anime.
Jan 18, 2018 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
I actually thought about the same thing, just live nomadic and evade him. But the other Kaijus where the problem I guess
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 19, 2018 1:44 AM

Dec 2014
Comander-07 said:
...But the other Kaijus where the problem I guess

I am not sure about other Kaiju, so I assumed their nature is same as Godzilla.

As shown in the movie, Godzilla is a brain-dead monster that can easily lure here and there.

With the laughable movement speed of them(est. 40kmph), I believe human can easily live a nomadic or even normal daily life.

Maybe, this is just a movie, it cannot be dragged longer? But it doesn't seem so as there is obviously a sequel. Or just maybe, the director/author is just plain dumb trying to milk money with the title "Godzilla".
Jan 19, 2018 3:33 AM

Sep 2014
aLotQuestion said:
Comander-07 said:

As shown in the movie, Godzilla is a brain-dead monster that can easily lure here and there.

With the laughable movement speed of them(est. 40kmph), I believe human can easily live a nomadic or even normal daily life.

Maybe, this is just a movie, it cannot be dragged longer? But it doesn't seem so as there is obviously a sequel. Or just maybe, the director/author is just plain dumb trying to milk money with the title "Godzilla".
do you really feel they are milking it? (I dont think you can milk Godzilla any harder after over 30 movies anyway)
Its the first anime Godzilla. Ever. I really like that.

Also what I meant is that the other Kaijus probably where annoying as well (look at the beginning of the movie again, even before godzilla they where attacked)

And what we saw was the Godzilla Jr.
Godzilla Sr is probably a lot more dangerous
Jan 19, 2018 8:02 AM

Jan 2018
In the beginning of the movie it briefly shows that Operation Hedorah ended with the remains of Rodan and Anguirus so it's not like they couldn't kill them. What I wanna know is why it took them 20 years to think of EMP spamming Godzilla's shield...
Jan 19, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
Comander-07 said:
do you really feel they are milking it? (I dont think you can milk Godzilla any harder after over 30 movies anyway)

Do you even know why I use the term 'milk' in the first place? It is because of all these 30 movies that make the term "Godzilla" famous and which is why they can "milk" money from it.

Do you think you can milk money from something that have only 1 movie and not even popular?

Also, in term of "animation", this one is not the first but it could be the first "Japanese animation", which I can't be sure.

AriaBackup said:
In the beginning of the movie it briefly shows that Operation Hedorah ended with the remains of Rodan and Anguirus so it's not like they couldn't kill them. What I wanna know is why it took them 20 years to think of EMP spamming Godzilla's shield...

Those alien with super technology already this dumb, do you think a mere human can be any smart?

I highly believe this is just an anime that trying to milk money through the title "Godzilla".
Jan 19, 2018 1:20 PM
Apr 2016
aLotQuestion said:
Comander-07 said:

Other monsters are irrelevant, if you think about the concept itself. Everything else was called either a legend, a myth, a forgotten divine deity (Leviathan, Chtulhu or Kraken, it does not matter) - but Godzilla was the only one who humans made themselves. Their own demise at the hands of their own creation, a complete karma circle. This is what the sophisticated elf-like aliens witnessed throughout their observational existence. Instead of facing their own fault, they decided to run away from it.
Re:formed
Jan 19, 2018 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
aLotQuestion said:
Comander-07 said:

Do you even know why I use the term 'milk' in the first place? It is because of all these 30 movies that make the term "Godzilla" famous and which is why they can "milk" money from it.

Do you think you can milk money from something that have only 1 movie and not even popular?

Also, in term of "animation", this one is not the first but it could be the first "Japanese animation", which I can't be sure.

AriaBackup said:

Those alien with super technology already this dumb, do you think a mere human can be any smart?

I highly believe this is just an anime that trying to milk money through the title "Godzilla".

Really? This is ridiculous. This is literally the first Godzilla Anime. Stop crying about it just because it exists in the first place.
When you have 30+ movies its not milking, its called franchise. Godzilla has been reinvented over and over again.
Milking would be having one good movie, then followed by low effort production. Like Starship Troopers if you want.
How can you even call it milking? Its released by Netflix, you dont pay for it anyway.

Also why the fuck are you questioning anime logic? They fled earth and dont just run away from him because "its a fucking anime, thats why!"
Jan 20, 2018 7:56 AM
Jun 2014
Yes, very unrealistic. What would really happen: Godzilla destroys world partially, becomes prideful and irrational and invades Russia, russians retreat strategically, winter comes, Godzilla freezes. Happy end.
Jan 21, 2018 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
Gundam made it seem like a good idea. But they forgot the part about building space colonies, and giant mechs. Zeon would know just how to deal with Godzilla then. Wouldn't even need the mechs. ;D
Jan 29, 2018 3:48 PM

Jul 2011
zunderdog24 said:

True.
Or they could just hanging on the orbit keeping monitoring over the monster, figuring out how to fight him and at the same time using Earth's resources for survival.

Someone has mentioned here that we shouldn't expect too much because it's only a movie, fiction.. but I strongly disagree. Good show requires good script and worldbuilding, thus there should be a logic. Or it will be another "turn your brain off and enjoy the action" trash.

That's why I only gave 5 out of 10 to it and can even lower the score if sequels will fail.
nick_el_sonJan 29, 2018 3:56 PM
Jan 31, 2018 7:21 PM

Dec 2016
they couldn't set up a moon base because that takes up time which they didn't have

they didn't stay on earth because a shitload of nukes is really, really bad for a planet. plus, where would they get food if they were constantly fleeing? do you think deer are going to survive a godzillapocalypse? can't set up a farm and grow food if godzilla's going to be coming to wreck your shit in a week.

they didn't have the resources to stop the problem (Mecha-Godzilla failing, nukes not working, etc) so they had to get the fuck out as soon as possible. They only figured out the EMP strategy from some asshole taking a guess in a report based on little to no information.
Feb 1, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2014
ScottyIceSoNice said:
they couldn't set up a moon base because that takes up time which they didn't have

They could have just park the alien spaceship on Moon, you don't need to setup anything.

ScottyIceSoNice said:
they didn't stay on earth because a shitload of nukes is really, really bad for a planet. plus, where would they get food if they were constantly fleeing? do you think deer are going to survive a godzillapocalypse? can't set up a farm and grow food if godzilla's going to be coming to wreck your shit in a week.

I'm not sure how they nuke the Godzilla, but I assumed they nuke Godzilla at 'one' place similar to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, then, the radiation wouldn't affect whole world.

If nomad can do this, why not them? They already have alien technologies which make this travel much more easier.

As mentioned in movie, Godzilla speed is 40kmph, if Godzilla need to travel to opposite of earth, it need about 12-13 days.
Also, as mentioned, Godzilla can easily be distracted, if human distracted it, Godzilla 'might' never make it to opposite of the earth.

---

However, I think the root cause for the evacuation from Earth was there were several Kaijuu around the world. Which is different case.
aLotQuestion_Feb 1, 2018 2:58 AM
Feb 11, 2018 11:56 PM

Sep 2014
They could set up on Moon but that's not a long term plan. Eventually they would run out resources because life on earth was dwindling ( as somebody pointed out ) and repeated trips to earth would cost fuel and would be dangerous. If they had found another habitable planet then it would have been a much better solution. However I agree it was a big risk.
Feb 12, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2014
ambrose7 said:
They could set up on Moon but that's not a long term plan. Eventually they would run out resources because life on earth was dwindling ( as somebody pointed out ) and repeated trips to earth would cost fuel and would be dangerous. If they had found another habitable planet then it would have been a much better solution. However I agree it was a big risk.

Someone mentioned fuel is a problem? They have been traveling around the space for 20 years. How is traveling to Earth back and forth a problem?

They go back Earth because of sufficient of food resources.

Earth doesn't go inhabited in a day just like Rome isn't build in a day.

They can easily extract resource from Earth before Earth goes unsuitable for living.
And the important part is that they also can observe the Earth through Moon.

Don't forget that they have alien technologies that is far advance than human their own's.
aLotQuestion_Feb 12, 2018 7:37 AM
Feb 12, 2018 3:11 AM

Sep 2014
aLotQuestion said:
ambrose7 said:

Someone mentioned fuel is a problem? They have been traveling around the space for 20 years. How is traveling to Earth back and forth a problem?

They go back Earth because of sufficient of food resources.

Earth doesn't go inhabited in a day just like Rome isn't build in a day.

They can easily extract resource from Earth before Earth goes total inhabited.
And the important part is that they also can observe the Earth through Moon.

Don't forget that they have alien technologies that is far advance than human their own's.

Which is why I said short term. In the end they were bound to run out. Also lets not forget they returned to earth only because a lot of year had passed. Something which they wouldn't be able to do were they at the Moon.
Feb 12, 2018 3:44 AM

Dec 2014
ambrose7 said:
..Also lets not forget they returned to earth only because a lot of year had passed. Something which they wouldn't be able to do were they at the Moon.

Why not? All these years, they stay in the spaceship.

They could've "park" their spaceship on the Moon and stay inside the spaceship.
Why can't they do so in Moon?
aLotQuestion_Feb 12, 2018 3:51 AM
Feb 12, 2018 3:59 AM

Jan 2018
aLotQuestion said:
ambrose7 said:
..Also lets not forget they returned to earth only because a lot of year had passed. Something which they wouldn't be able to do were they at the Moon.

Why not? All these years, they stay in the spaceship.

They could've "park" their spaceship on the Moon and stay inside the spaceship.
Why can't they do so in Moon?

At that time, the Earth's environment was pretty cancer to be inhabited by humans, hence their escape. The idea of parking on the moon and going back to Earth for resources wasn't possible because of these conditions. If they parked on the moon for the 30 years instead of travelling, then the Earth would've passed 30 years too. Because of their travel, they theoretically 'travelled' through time, so instead of 30 years, they were away for thousands. This lead to the drastic change they saw when they returned, which allowed them to collect resources without facing the nuclear/atomic damage that was carved into the atmosphere.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 12, 2018 7:01 AM

Dec 2014
mihyon said:
At that time, the Earth's environment was pretty cancer to be inhabited by humans, hence their escape. The idea of parking on the moon and going back to Earth for resources wasn't possible because of these conditions. If they parked on the moon for the 30 years instead of travelling, then the Earth would've passed 30 years too. Because of their travel, they theoretically 'travelled' through time, so instead of 30 years, they were away for thousands. This lead to the drastic change they saw when they returned, which allowed them to collect resources without facing the nuclear/atomic damage that was carved into the atmosphere.

During the movie, they didn't mention "whole" Earth was contaminated with radiation.
Just by this, it is not dangerous enough for they not to return, they also can simply use telescope(not sure if correct term) to observe which part of the Earth is dangerous and avoid going that area. It is possible to observe with alien technologies.

It was 20 years that mentioned. And it still counted as 20 years of travel without harvesting any resources. It doesn't matter the wormhole travel or not.

Feb 12, 2018 7:19 AM

Sep 2014
aLotQuestion said:
mihyon said:

During the movie, they didn't mention "whole" Earth was contaminated with radiation.
Just by this, it is not dangerous enough for they not to return, they also can simply use telescope(not sure if correct term) to observe which part of the Earth is dangerous and avoid going that area. It is possible to observe with alien technologies.

It was 20 years that mentioned. And it still counted as 20 years of travel without harvesting any resources. It doesn't matter the wormhole travel or not.

Except they didn't know the future. If they had stayed at the moon and resources had run out, it would inevitably mean death. Not to mention they had no plans of dealing with Godzilla. Going in search of a planet as a gamble could have provided them the chance. They only returned to earth as a last ditch effort. Also the heavy use of nuclear weapons suggests radiation.
Feb 12, 2018 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
ambrose7 said:
.. If they had stayed at the moon and resources had run out, it would inevitably mean death. Not to mention they had no plans of dealing with Godzilla. Going in search of a planet as a gamble could have provided them the chance...

I was waiting for you to use this point. Have you forgot that those aliens mentioned they have witness countless of living planets go extinction from either Kaiju or disasters??

Those aliens were searching for life form and somehow they encounter Earth. Which also hints that outside of Earth, it pretty much have no living planet already.
I don't know how human conquered alien spaceship and request to travel through space. If they actually talked to those aliens, they should know it is futile to even search for other planets.

ambrose7 said:
...Also the heavy use of nuclear weapons suggests radiation....

They didn't mention how they use the nuclear weapon, unless the nuclear weapon is not focus on Kaiju and randomly launch on any part of the Earth?
If they randomly launch on whole Earth, yeah, obviously it is radiation throughout the Earth.

Otherwise, they could have extract resource on the other side of the Earth that is no radiation.
Feb 12, 2018 11:59 AM

Jan 2018
aLotQuestion said:
ambrose7 said:
.. If they had stayed at the moon and resources had run out, it would inevitably mean death. Not to mention they had no plans of dealing with Godzilla. Going in search of a planet as a gamble could have provided them the chance...

I was waiting for you to use this point. Have you forgot that those aliens mentioned they have witness countless of living planets go extinction from either Kaiju or disasters??

Those aliens were searching for life form and somehow they encounter Earth. Which also hints that outside of Earth, it pretty much have no living planet already.
I don't know how human conquered alien spaceship and request to travel through space. If they actually talked to those aliens, they should know it is futile to even search for other planets.

ambrose7 said:
...Also the heavy use of nuclear weapons suggests radiation....

They didn't mention how they use the nuclear weapon, unless the nuclear weapon is not focus on Kaiju and randomly launch on any part of the Earth?
If they randomly launch on whole Earth, yeah, obviously it is radiation throughout the Earth.

Otherwise, they could have extract resource on the other side of the Earth that is no radiation.

Radiation spreads due to small particles floating everywhere. Nuclear fallout is a byproduct of using nuclear weapons, and because they used a shit ton of them, it's even worse.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushima-a-nuclear-war-without-a-war-the-unspoken-crisis-of-worldwide-nuclear-radiation/28870

Also those aliens did have a calculation for finding a new host planet, however, they left their own planet in search for a new home. B/c they found Earth, I would assume they thought there was another habitable planet somewhere.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 12, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
mihyon said:
Radiation spreads due to small particles floating everywhere. Nuclear fallout is a byproduct of using nuclear weapons, and because they used a shit ton of them, it's even worse.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushima-a-nuclear-war-without-a-war-the-unspoken-crisis-of-worldwide-nuclear-radiation/28870

Can you people stop replying same thing over and over again without any proper discussion value?

Look at the hint at the end of the movie, mankind is able to survive radiation all these "light-years"(?).
That must mean that some part of the Earth somehow is not affected by radiation at dangerous level.
With alien technologies, if they actually wanted to find a safe part of Earth, it shouldn't be hard.

Unless there is a plot twist that mankind actually go extinct and start again life form from bacteria, BUT it is unlikely the case and we shall see/wait for the sequel.

mihyon said:
Also those aliens did have a calculation for finding a new host planet, however, they left their own planet in search for a new home. B/c they found Earth, I would assume they thought there was another habitable planet somewhere.

I actually think this part is not logic. Aliens mentioned that they already witness countless of planet destroyed.
If they actually did calculation, they should know how well the average interval time taken to find a planet.
If the interval time taken is more than >20 years, they they don't need to wander around the space for 20 years and found nothing.
They should directly discuss the matter with human instead of letting human took control of the spaceship.
aLotQuestion_Feb 12, 2018 1:57 PM
Jan 14, 2020 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Because humans don't want to die under the feet of godzilla but from gf.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: Kaijuu Wakusei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lordzeru - Jan 17, 2018

57 by Frooday »»
Feb 22, 12:19 PM

» it's a gud show. don't get down by the reviews, just watch it!!!

removed-user - Nov 12, 2023

1 by Sr_Shadow_ »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:46 AM

» Why does Godzilla have such a bad rating/reviews?

Toastx3 - Feb 25, 2018

11 by abyss_will »»
Jul 11, 2022 7:59 AM

» After credits scene.

blackkat101 - Jan 24, 2018

4 by qwertyMrJINX »»
Jan 25, 2018 8:49 PM

» Godzilla will be a trilogy.

DatRandomDude - Mar 25, 2017

7 by ChangeLeopardon »»
Jan 17, 2018 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.