Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2017 11:15 PM

Jan 2013
I like comedy and drama romance, but misunderstandings that happen in this anime made me kinda disapointed. Anime lost its charm for me. I still enjoyed it don't get me wrong, I just felt there were to many misunderstandings happening , and less real romance and interactions between characters. What do you guys think ? Did you like all the misunderstandings or did they kinda bored you towards the end of anime ?
Sep 29, 2017 11:49 PM

Aug 2017
Well, I certainly feel the same. I expect this as a romance comedy about bunch of game normie, and what I get is unlimited stupidity. Though, I don't find this boring, just annoying on how they try to stale the development with barrage of misunderstanding. Beside that flaw, it still really funny nonetheless. (If you can give up that they're stupid. Not in a bad way)

Actually, the anime is pretty good at managing the understanding if compared to the LN. In the LN when episode 11 ensue they do some infuriating misunderstanding I blindly call it idiotic. From what I told Gamers! is really about misunderstanding and how they manage to solve it. It happens recurringly and that's what driving the story.

I rate this 7, but drop it to 6. I think it's really pretty funny, but that kind of story is not just for everyone, and almost not for me.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 30, 2017 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
suzuya_mitsuko said:
Well, I certainly feel the same. I expect this as a romance comedy about bunch of game normie, and what I get is unlimited stupidity. Though, I don't find this boring, just annoying on how they try to stale the development with barrage of misunderstanding. Beside that flaw, it still really funny nonetheless. (If you can give up that they're stupid. Not in a bad way)

Actually, the anime is pretty good at managing the understanding if compared to the LN. In the LN when episode 11 ensue they do some infuriating misunderstanding I blindly call it idiotic. From what I told Gamers! is really about misunderstanding and how they manage to solve it. It happens recurringly and that's what driving the story.

I rate this 7, but drop it to 6. I think it's really pretty funny, but that kind of story is not just for everyone, and almost not for me.

Same. It just got anoying after few eps. Its not bad anime but all the misunderstandings were idiotic and above all else not even one was solved.
Sep 30, 2017 12:18 AM

Apr 2016
The "Misunderstandings" are one of the Nipponjins fetishes, and we never question that.
Sep 30, 2017 12:21 AM

Aug 2017
Swagernator said:
The "Misunderstandings" are one of the Nipponjins fetishes, and we never question that.

Yeah, that's why I'm satisfied with anime only. More than that and I will rage quit with some painful experience.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 30, 2017 1:56 AM

Nov 2015
Those misunderstandings never bothered me because their purpose were only for comedy not for drama. Gamers!'s goal is, above all, to make fun of its characters, watching them how they exaggeratedly react. And, it did very well. It really is a rom com anime, not a romance anime.

And, it was relatively realistic. Some people are annoyed because Amano and co had just to talk to each other. But, most of the cast are introverted people, Karen is still innocent, thus, insecure about love. From the audience perspective, it seems stupid but contrary to us, they don't know what the others think, so they are scared and prefer to not confront their feeling. I think it's quite like in real life when you want to confess your love (for example) but can't muster your courage...
Sep 30, 2017 2:03 AM

Sep 2017
They need it so it can air longer. When you were expecting a gaming anime like king's avatar and all you got is a bunch of normie high schoolers falling in love. Facepalm. Well played japan.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 18, 2017 5:40 PM
Jul 2014
Hello,
I as you see I rarely ever comment on this forum. This is one of the very few animes that I just need to write about. I have watched and finish this anime in one day. I did not knew what I was getting into since I just needed a random anime to pick up. The misunderstandings were pretty dumb... The anime could of been good without them IMO and it ruined the story as a whole. Or they did not need to make it to that extent.

if you read the LN:

Oct 26, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2015
The "misunderstandings" are one of the elements that make up the comedic gag scenes in this show. Since this show's genre is "Romantic Comedy", those scenes comprise parts of the comedy in this show.

You're supposed to laugh at those misuderstandings and the characters' insecurities. I personally liked the last episode when the other 3 get annoyed and jealous seeing Amano and Aguri chatting too much with each other. This show brings me to smile and laugh many times, so if anyone doesn't find them funny, obviously this show will not be your cup of tea.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 17, 2017 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
misunderstandings, relationship drama, romantic comedy all adds up perfectly; pretty funny yet very sad!!

When you try to fix something simple, it worsens and it just keep on getting to the point of no return. lol xD
Nov 18, 2017 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
To be fair I never really understood the dislike for Gamers' misunderstandings. The point of it was for comedic effect and its just as well rather awkward at the same time, realistically speaking because it did happened at one point with the group of friends that are into gaming.
Nov 22, 2017 9:31 PM
May 2016
I'm not really sure how I feel about this show, so far I have finished the first five episodes, (well past the three episode rule) and as soon as I started to like it in episode four, it pisses me off in five. it seems to me that every few episodes after any progression, it reverts itself. would somebody please help me out here, because at this point I doubt whether it is worth any further watching.
Feb 9, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 2022
Honestly I dropped this show but I've been debating if I should finish it because at first I was pretty interested and it seemed cute. I'm on episode 8 and the drama about all of them thinking they're cheating on each other is so annoying and the lack of communication is just frustrating, it just seems like there's just no progress being made...

Should I try to watch it again? does it get better? (plz tag me if you reply)
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
misunderstandings were the reason I kept watching and stormed all episodes;] they were funny and original/unique to other animes
some parts of that comedy reminded me of School Rumble
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2017

274 by kingin92 »»
Aug 21, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

321 by SuperSonic486 »»
Jun 4, 1:34 PM

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.