Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2010 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
I have watched what I think is the first season of Tenchi (the OVA) where the dubs (I usually prefer subs but got what I could get so not complaining) seem to end prematurely with the Princess Ayeka's father having given Tenchi the initial approval...I think the last few episodes were never dubbed...though I've never found anything *solid* that I could confirm plus the time line from Wiki (and replies from others on other forums) were pretty much copy and paste and therefore not helpful. I'm pretty big on watching things in order so some clarification would be greatly appreciated! It's just so odd watching a second season where none of the characters know each other.
JAB
Apr 18, 2010 2:33 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, really sorry that this is so late compared to when you originally posted! To answer your question, yes, Universe is a "redo" of the story utilizing the original cast of the Masaki household (with the inclusion of Kiyone Makibi). The whole show is "non-canon" but it's made by one of the co-creators of the original OVA. ALL of Tenchi has been licensed and dubbed (primarily by Geneon), there are three OVAs total, two direct television seasons, three movies, and two spin-off shows (not counting random spin-off OVAs, the newest spin-off is called "Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari"). Your best bet is to watch The OVAs in order (1,2,3). Then, watch Tenchi Muyo GXP (or not, it's a spin-off so Tenchi and the gang are only in one cameo episode). After that, I would tackle the Universe timeline, which includes Tenchi Universe, Tenchi Muyo In Love 1, and Tenchi Forever (a.k.a. Tenchi Muyo in Love 2). Hope I could be of help to you, again I'm sorry that this is a late post!
Apr 18, 2010 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
You better me sorry! People died and the ice caps melted because of your late response!

... :-P JK of course. Thanks for the information...I guess the people making the series were even more confused then I am! :-D
JAB

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 9 Discussion

Artlieis - Aug 26, 2014

7 by Seabury »»
Jul 2, 2023 11:33 PM

» Do watch by release date

Mustytaco29 - May 31, 2023

4 by Salty-GB »»
May 31, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Universe Episode 26 Discussion

greenmarty - May 29, 2011

10 by nomad8 »»
Apr 30, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 25 Discussion

Artlieis - Oct 2, 2014

6 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 24 Discussion

Artlieis - Sep 25, 2014

7 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 29, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.