Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2017 2:07 AM

Oct 2014
Just wanted to know how closely the manga follows the light novel. Also, at which chapter did the anime end?

Thank you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2021 3:48 AM

Sep 2021
For your first question, from what I remember in the manga, they change a lot of small to big things like for example the morning star wielder who can create a magical energy chain. In the novel, instead of a human head, the iron ball is its head. It would make sense because you don't have to drag it around whenever the automaton goes. The author is being realistic but the manga and anime didn't follow that. Another problem with the manga is that the author is making the "power of trust" to be the key to success which contrast with the light novel. In the light novel, Raishin mentioned that conviction alone can't change anything but that conviction is what pulls humans together. I didn't really like where the manga is going. I'm alright with the anime but not enough because they add a filler part like after Raishin assessed Magnus Raishin was taking a shower and Yaya went inside to console him which never happened in the light novel. Even the part where Raishin and Yaya broke the window of the cafeteria after Raishin saw Magnus walking that also didn't happen in the light novel. He simple use the door to get outside of the cafeteria. The more Even an important scene where Felix and Lisette (Eliza) talks about the derailment of the train was not an accident but someone tried to kill Raishin before it reached Lime Street station in Liverpool. Currently, I'm in volume 11 and I still don't know who tried to kill Raishin in the first part. Also an example of foreshadowing where Raishin and Henrietta fell underground because Charlotte tried to kill Edward the headmaster of the Academy. When Raishin senses something, he immediately extinguished his lamp but only for him to see countless eyes which blink in unison. It's a foreshadowing till volume 10 and volume 13 and there are a lot more. I think about it, maybe the manga followed the scenes better than the anime if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, the light novel is better than the anime and manga.

For your second question, the anime adapted volumes 1, 2 and 3. If you are planning to read the light novel, start at volume 4 but I recommend you to read right from the start. The anime omitted a lot of things like much more detailed information, foreshadowing, important scene in the story, character, etc. The English translation for the novel is currently active and currently at volume 11 (90%).

If you got questions, I'll gladly answer them.
Raishin-AkabaneSep 27, 2021 8:28 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Season 2? ( 1 2 )

RApollos - Dec 11, 2013

64 by Gazz »»
Oct 20, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.