Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a fun episode. From the onsen to the usual Poko cuteness, I think the episode captured the realism of slice of life.

Not sure how I feel about Shinobu showing up again. I mean, he's also an unique character despite his tough personality and also kinda interesting to see some of his childhood. That's also one big dog! Not sure what that ending is about...something in trouble and they need Souta's help??
Stark700Nov 5, 2016 12:22 PM
Nov 5, 2016 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck, Poco was even more adorable than usual! XD That chicken looked good, but the power of pineapple saved the day! XD 2nd show today with an unruly dog too.
Nov 5, 2016 1:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The last minutes were so strong, music and the relationship shown between son and dad. Amazing.
Nov 5, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Love how Poco diffuses the situation.
LOL that Dog chasing after them. Nakajima protecting Poco.

Nice to see Fujiyama again. Hope we see her again.

Funny when Nakajima's Mom said "Tee Hee".
Poco suddenly transforming into a Tanuki in the Hot Spring.

Those Pineapples look delicious.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 5, 2016 4:08 PM

Aug 2016
I found this episode extremely funny :D, next episode seems promosing :o
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 5, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2016
Watching this after watching 3-gatsu no Lion, bad idea. it seems shallow with no plot or story development. We all know whats going to happen at the end. I hope in next episode the main story would start to develop more seriously. The anime is almost half way thru.

i would love to see a romance develop, it would make a well rounded anime

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Nov 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Dec 2014
So I finally decided to pick this up (watched the first four episodes yesterday), and I gotta say I quite like it. Comparing this to Amaama to Inazuma is inevitable as both involve a cute kid and food. Amaama had the better character cast IMO (you can't really compete with Tsumugi or Kotori, even if this show has Souta's friend whose cool as fuck), but I quite honestly think this is better in every other aspect. From its art, to its comedy, and definitely the lack of repetition all help in its favor.

I wouldn't call this show one of the best slice of life series of the year. (I'll still stick by New Game, Amanchu, Shounen Maid, and Bakuon) But it still is a very good watch. (Also that OP is great)
Burger-MeisterNov 5, 2016 6:09 PM
Nov 5, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2011
onsen episode Poco so adorable ahhh
Nov 5, 2016 6:27 PM

May 2015
Woah, that is one big and fluffy dog, lol.

Fun and heartwarming episode with the onsen.

Nov 5, 2016 6:31 PM
Oct 2016
ikkaku-yashima
https://goo.gl/maps/KE91M3xuhWU2
http://www.ikkaku.co.jp/

Takamatsu Sakurai High School
(This high school is the alma mater of author)
https://goo.gl/maps/T2Y5ATz52VR2
http://www.kagawa-edu.jp/sakrah02/index.html/

bussozan-onsen
https://goo.gl/maps/pse1LyQ7pkA2
http://busshozan.com/
kagawa-kumaNov 6, 2016 2:12 AM
Nov 5, 2016 7:58 PM

Dec 2014
Very cute and fun episode as always.

Very nice to see the friendship that Souta and Nakajima have, There's always something about a friendship persisting through the years that makes it so heartwarming to see.
Nice flashbacks with Nakajima sticking up for Souta. Cool of him to stop the dog in present time as well. :)

It's adorable how Poco tries to break up fights and change the mood. Air Crusher Poco xD

Hot Spring scenes were very nice and the last moments with Nakaji eating the pineapple was great.
Souta finally picked up the call from work, Looks like we're going Tokyo next episode.
Nov 5, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2013
Didn't noticed that the seiyuu of Fujiyama Sae and Shinobu... is...
Hanazawa Kana and Tomokazu Sugita...

merukuru is so cute, when merukuru is with Poco.. they are both cute...
Nov 5, 2016 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
More Nakajima is always good. I like that guy. Lol how he grabbed Poco's head when the kid started to scold him. But then he goes on to protect Poco from the ginormous dog.
This episode has Nakajima talking things out with his dad which has always been a problem for him. His story was similar to Souta's. His dad told him to become a doctor but he wasn't interested at all and wanted to become something else. The difference between the two is that Nakajima ended up becoming what his dad wanted whereas Souta became something else.

Now Souta has received a call from work. There's trouble in Tokyo and he has to go. He hasn't wrapped things up properly here but it's probably serious so he can't help it. He'll be back because he has to sell the house and attend the class reunion for which he made the movie.
Nov 5, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
Poco really delights the mood during the episode
Nov 5, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2015
"Nakaji, hewwo. Nakaji, bad". What the heck with that word, can't resist for not laughing.
So that's what Nakajima's flashback is about. He's meeting his dad.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 5, 2016 10:37 PM

May 2016
Ah yeah, an all male hot springs episode. That only means even less people will watch this show. /s
The dog was big and white so for now on, it is Sadaharu to me.
Nice to see Sae make her return, sad to see that was it for the episode, even sadder to see next episode being about Tokyo and not her.
Poco called the dad, Grandpa so that must mean Sugita and Nakamura finally got married and Poco now has two dads.
At first, I thought this was going to be another Amaama to Inazuma, but this blows that out of the water. Poco is also way cuter than Tsumugi.
Nov 5, 2016 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
Pineapple saved the day... sob sob
Nice episode.
Would hope to know about souta'd accident
Nov 6, 2016 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like Nakajima's parents are rich but the same way with Souta, doesn't wanna take over the business.
Poco also became close to Nakajima's father and like pineapples also.
the Big white dog was cute and the owner is Sae (HanaKana_voice) is a plus!
LOL at the Onsen, Poco transformed and almost got caught except from the old man who was shocked to see what he was seeing.
On that last part some one called from Work but looks like trouble? maybe this will urge Souta to pick-up again the Udon shop!
4/5.

Nov 6, 2016 6:01 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode as usual, but I wonder what's going on at his work to justify such a panicked call to Souta at the end?
Nov 6, 2016 6:31 AM

Jun 2013
Oh my God, can I please have Poco? His cuteness is off the charts!!
Wonder what's up with the ending though.
Nov 6, 2016 7:33 AM

Jul 2009
Ok, Nakajima definitely wins the contest for the best character this season for me. He surprised me when he jumped in front of Poco and was trying to rescue him from the dog, I thought Souta was going to do that xD

Also, I have a feeling that Souta will end up in a relationship with that dog's owner somehow. I'd be happy to see them together.
Nov 6, 2016 12:23 PM
Jan 2009
haha I really love how Poco tries to scold whoever upsets Souta xD

'Bad, bad! Nakaji, bad!'
I thought that was just adorable xD

Can't wait to see the next ep~
Nov 7, 2016 1:27 AM

Apr 2012
Not sure why I find the execution so boring all the time. At least there was Hanazawa.
Nov 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
This was a fun episode. Seeing Souta being afraid of that big dog was funny xD Nakajima always stood up for Souta when he's in trouble. Poco breaking up fights was very cute. The phone call Souta had sounds troubling...
Nov 7, 2016 12:28 PM
Mar 2012
Nakajima's mum is clever, hehe.

Poco as a tanuki is so cute! And wow, that onsen.

Yeah, we all know what will happen eventually, but it's still... I don't know, I think it's nice to watch and reassuring and maybe sometimes a little bittersweet. "feel-good"

And actually I like it lots more than Amaama to Inazuma. I'm kind of glad that there's not too much focus on food, and more on family and friendship.
Nov 7, 2016 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode! Poco turning into a Tanuki in the bath was hilarious. I like his little spats they're always funny.
When he had that vision riding on the Caterpillar I was dying.

I need to get me a Pineapple shirt asap.

While I love Kotori from Sweetness and Lightning, Poco is far superior to Tsumugi. She was annoying cute while Poco is just Cute.

H1r0gen said:

i would love to see a romance develop, it would make a well rounded anime

YES! PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN. I was actually thinking about Sae before the episode started so YEAH LIVE INTEREST!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 2016 7:20 AM
Aug 2011
EratiK said:
Not sure why I find the execution so boring all the time. At least there was Hanazawa.

You sound like you liked the food repetition, boring as fuck scenarios of Amaama.
Thanks but no thanks; some of us don't want a clone of that shit.
Nov 8, 2016 7:33 AM

Apr 2012
stand said:
You sound like you liked the food repetition, boring as fuck scenarios of Amaama.
Thanks but no thanks; some of us don't want a clone of that shit.
Not sure what you mean, no food is repeated in Ama ama.

I'm merely pointing out that the use Kagawa and udon in the title is merely coincidental rather than bearing any meaning, like anyone with common sense would.
Nov 8, 2016 1:14 PM
Aug 2013
really cute episode!!!
A+ big doggo
also souta running while wailing
also so many NAKAJI-SSS!!!!!!!!

I don't know why we are all talking about amaama ?????!

but anyway in my opinion Poco is far better at being cute than Tsumugi because she can get annoying real fast. Characters here are far more interesting honestly. amaama can feel really slow and boring because it's focused on food and has almost the same scenario all the time
Nov 8, 2016 1:21 PM
Aug 2013
although the big dog sound soooooooooooooo weird
Nov 9, 2016 7:27 AM
Feb 2016
I'm so glad that Nakajima and his father make up with each other got a little teary eyed at the end. It was sweet as well when the reason why Nakajima decided to become a doctor is because of Souta<3 Panic a little when Poco transform into his original form I had a thought that probably he'll show his tail and ears but didn't expect it'll be a full transformation :DD

OOT but it seems Jun-jun voices different supporting characters every week and I'm not complaining<3
Nov 11, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2010
That was a good Nakajima episode. When are we gonna reach the udon part tho... We need more of HanaKana chara.

Also I really like the chorus of the ED song.
Nov 12, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Nakajima's dad is a good person.
Nov 13, 2016 1:28 AM
Dec 2009
I enjoyed seeing the backstory for another character, feels like they're starting to paint the life of lots of different people in the countryside. Souta just has to find his spot there :)
Nov 13, 2016 7:04 PM

Mar 2009
This episode did wonders for Nakajima's character. Like in the previous episode, this show does a good job at making harsh characters very likable.
Nov 15, 2016 2:33 AM

Jun 2013
Poco stop being so fucking cute all the time! Him eating that delicious chicken, asking Souta for juice, eating senbei crackers at their old professor's office, getting angry when Souta and Nakaji were fighting, taking a bath, etc.

That cute chubby girl might become Souta's gf. She has big boobs and a big dog.

Someone accidentally saw Poco turn into a raccoon but it was an old man, nobody would believe him lol.
臭い-
Dec 14, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
Nakajima's relationship with his father is pretty funny, hahaha.
Dec 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
Another heartwarming episode. I wonder what's up with Souta's work though.
I love how the Gaogao-chan shorts at the end relate to what went on in the episode each week. That's a nice touch.

On a sidenote, the ED for this show is so relaxing. I look forward to it with every episode.
Really, this show as a whole is fantastic to end a day with. It always makes me sleepy, but in a good way, not in a "I'm so bored" way
Dec 30, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
OMG I always thought Pineapples grew on trees. Probably because I don't like them, I've never given it much thought but I thought Pineapple trees were a thing.

Otherwise I don't like any of these characters much, it's just kind of boring.
Jan 1, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely focus shift this episode, looking forward to see what's next!
Jan 13, 2017 9:15 PM

Mar 2015
How sweet of the dad to grow pineapples cause he knows his boy loves em :')
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2017 4:53 AM
May 2009
@kagawa-kuma

Thanks for sharing the info on the location specifics, was thinking of dropping by Takamatsu, and thought might as well make this one of the places I might drop by on.
Sep 22, 2017 4:05 PM

Feb 2013
The amount of cuteness in this anime is going to be the end of me! T^T
Oct 28, 2017 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was focused on Nakaji and his family. As always, he's making fun of Poko. Haha.

Souta invited Nakaji to go to their high school since he was asked by his classmates to make a video for their reunion. Nice knowing more about them two during their high school. Haha. Pretty rare to stay friends with someone from high school like Nakaji and Souta. Sucks that I'm not like them. Hehe.

That was a big-ass dog. I wanna hug it. Haha. When that dog chased Poko. Haha. Apparently, Souta is scared of dogs and he's bawling while running away from that big-ass dog. Hahaha.

Hilarious that the reason why Nakaji fell on his back was because of a freaking caterpillar. Pfffft! Now we know where he got his shenanigans: from his parents mostly from his mother. Hahahaha! Love this family, maaan.

Nakaji's father, Nakaji, Poko, and Souta went to the onsen and outta nowhere Poko transformed to his tanuki form and an old man saw him. That old's man reaction, maaan. Hahahahahahaha!

That scene with Poko and Nakaji was so precious. Awww. :') When "Grampa" hugged Poko. My heart.

So, the reason why Nakaji's father built that greenhouse is to grow pineapples for Nakaji. Ohmygod. Ain't that the sweetest? :)

Jeez. What a way to end this episode with a bad news from Souta's work. Lawd.

Great episode. Loved it. 5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 3, 2020 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
Those last few minutes between Nakajima and his father were so strong.

Another 5/5 episode overall. It's being a truly fantastic series so far so let's hope the narrative can maintain this level.

P.S.: Poko riding on the giant caterpillar had me dying, by the way xD
Sep 11, 2020 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
Oh the feels when nakaji realizes his dad was growing pineapples for him 😢
Jul 11, 2022 10:56 PM

Jul 2019
Lovely episode. It was nice seeing Shinobu's family and some of his past.

Souta should date Sae.

Best moment:
Jul 31, 2022 8:51 AM

Jan 2021
i immediately cried when Nakaji found pineapples that his dad had grown for him and ate them, man... it's very touching

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

111 by snowykevin »»
Sep 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

54 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 14, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

59 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 11:14 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

40 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

52 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.