Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2016 6:27 AM
Oct 2016
So, what do you all think about the whole genre? I see a lot of negative comments related to it, but also a lot of positive thoughts on it, so what do you think and why? Personally, so far i have enjoyed harem series quite a bit, but maybe it's just because I'm relatively new to anime overall.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 9, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2016
Well, I don't really bother about it. SAO can be tagged as a harem because all girls love him, Clannad too in that sence, but it isn't the main thing about these anime so ... But if it is an anime only based on harem and ecchi i might not watch it
Oct 9, 2016 6:53 AM
Oct 2016
personally, i dont really like harem genre in general..
some of the show can make a good harem, like the world god only knows. but a lot of shows just overusing harem(and some add ecchi on it) because it will sell like hot cake..
i still remember that masou gakuen hxh is rank 2 at kissanime last season popular anime (after shokugeki), and its kinda sad... :(
Oct 9, 2016 8:39 AM
Sep 2016
It's okay when it is in a ecchi/comedy anime.
_
Oct 9, 2016 4:00 PM

May 2016
Well without a doubt it is the genre with the most garbage, and I have yet to come across a Harem that's actually good instead of only decent or bad.
Oct 9, 2016 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
Most crap posted in 9gag comes from these ecchi harems. Like how some guy floods the fresh section with highschoolDXD craps. This genre is now mostly used for these horny monkeys
Oct 9, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2016
Personally i dont dislike the harem anime as general. Like other genre of anime, there are the good ones and bad ones. From my personal experience, harem is one of the first genre that got me hooked up to anime and manga (love hina tbh).

I think people like harem anime cos its lighthearted and mostly comedic, or just plain ecchi. That kind of entertaintment could appeal to the market the most. And hey, most of the "protagonist" are usually plain and kinda looks similar right, thats because its mainly the point of harem anime, to project yourself to the mc.
Oct 9, 2016 9:38 PM

Aug 2014
Harem is usually accompanied by ecchi, so I avoid them at all cost. I don't understand ecchi in anime, it's just pointless.
Either you watch something to fap -> hentai
or you watch something with good story/characters -> anything but hentai/ecchi.

There might be exceptions, but that's how I generally view them.
If there's a harem with complex characters (like in Vinland Saga, Punpun, etc), a non-generic setting and without ecchi, I might watch it.
Oct 9, 2016 11:06 PM
Oct 2016
DarthSomebody said:
Harem is usually accompanied by ecchi, so I avoid them at all cost. I don't understand ecchi in anime, it's just pointless.
Either you watch something to fap -> hentai
or you watch something with good story/characters -> anything but hentai/ecchi.

There might be exceptions, but that's how I generally view them.
If there's a harem with complex characters (like in Vinland Saga, Punpun, etc), a non-generic setting and without ecchi, I might watch it.

^ I understand what you feel... glad im not the only one..
Theres exceptional harem/ecchi anime that i actually consider good. for example, The world god only knows, and no game no life...
i usually dont troubled too much by ecchi genre, i still can enjoy Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Shokugeki no Souma, Shimoneta, etc...
But if the ecchi is overused like Masou Gakuen hxh, its just became bad for me...
Oct 11, 2016 6:29 AM
Aug 2016
I usualy don't watch harem (or ecchi). When I just got into anime I did watch it but now I only watch it when its 2-3am and I don't want to sleep and wand watch something light harted and funny (the stupidity of the MC's always makes me laugh especially when I'm tired).
Oct 25, 2016 7:15 AM
Sep 2016
Nowdays every anime has a bit of ecchi, even those who are meant to be watched by kids (PG). Some pussy lightens up the morale, you know?
BrensuOct 25, 2016 7:20 AM
_
Oct 25, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2016
peete said:
Nowdays every anime has a bit of ecchi, even those who are meant to be watched by kids (PG). Some pussy lightens up the morale, you know?

It makes us fill better, manlier
Apr 14, 2017 4:10 PM
Feb 2012
Firts, I think stories where there are multiple girls but only one (at the same time) has a chane (e.g. Zero no Tsukaima, Ai Yori Aoshi) shouldn't be treated as harems as the point is not a romantic relationship with multiple girls.

The problem with harem stories is that the harem setting is abused to show ecchi scenes with many different girls. The only "correct" harem i know of is Seitokai no Ichizon.
Apr 26, 2017 5:06 AM
Oct 2016
Morgas said:
Firts, I think stories where there are multiple girls but only one (at the same time) has a chane (e.g. Zero no Tsukaima, Ai Yori Aoshi) shouldn't be treated as harems as the point is not a romantic relationship with multiple girls.

The problem with harem stories is that the harem setting is abused to show ecchi scenes with many different girls. The only "correct" harem i know of is Seitokai no Ichizon.

nice example sir!! enjoyed that show too ^^
Apr 7, 2020 4:43 AM
May 2019
I do hate Harem genres.. The only thing it's good in the market (most of the time) is because of.. well, teenagers who haven't experienced these things irl.. And they watch these animes just to feel good about themselves.. don't get me wrong, I also haven't experienced these ecchi things irl... But I think it's sad/pathetic for a person to rely on a fanservice anime to experience these things themselves.. Fanservice scenes are so overused and I already am getting bored and sick of it.. (I watched almost every harem anime and manga before when I was 15) and it's like deja vu everytime I see harem crap.. I'm getting sick of it..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Modern 9gagers, reply to this I guess if you want

Greenlandball - Oct 13, 2018

0 by Greenlandball »»
Oct 13, 2018 3:44 PM

» Who's your waifu?

Brensu - Oct 5, 2016

13 by lacuela »»
Apr 20, 2017 10:44 PM

» Upcoming animes ( 1 2 )

NoMirai - Oct 5, 2016

62 by NoMirai »»
Dec 30, 2016 6:24 AM

» What is your favorite unpopular anime?

Nijst - Oct 11, 2016

10 by Morgas »»
Nov 6, 2016 2:46 PM

» Need a suggestion !!

NoMirai - Oct 24, 2016

9 by Morgas »»
Nov 6, 2016 1:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.