Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2016 3:35 PM
May 2016
WARNING: This contains many spoilers for TG:RE!!!

This is going to get quite lengthy, my apologies!!

Eto is my favorite character in TG and one of my favorite characters in general, so naturally I find plenty of things to love about her, but I'm always astonished by what an elaborate character she is and just how much thought was clearly put into writing her. I genuinely believe she's the best character in the series.

As someone who feels cast aside and abandoned by the world of TG, Eto has set out to create the world she wishes she was born into. She's started a revolution to repair the corrupt world these characters are living in and create a world that's more fair for ghouls. Through Aogiri and the concept of the one-eyed king she's created a symbol of hope for ghouls who feel powerless against the CCG, and behind the scenes she's been reshaping the world bit by bit and exposing the CCG 's crooked ways. She executes these elaborate plans to do so and when she's defeated she just comes back stronger and more prepared.

By existing Eto is basically a middle finger to V and the CCG. Being a perfectly healthy and strong natural-born half ghoul she's everything they were unable to create in the sunlit garden, thus they naturally see her as a threat who could expose the truth about them, which she successfully was able to do through her books. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have CCG investigators resigning and turning against the Washuus, who were filling everyone's heads with lies the entire time.

I feel for her when she feels a sense of abandonment and resentment because of her father and doubting whether he own mother truly loved her or just wanted to use her to further her plan; she even called herself "the surplus of their relationship". She channels her pain and feelings of abandonment through her books and used these same books to reach out to other ghouls who feel cast aside like she did because of the unfair world they live in, and the world that killed her mother. She knows that Shiono is afraid of her since she's a ghoul and has mainly been harboring her because of the money she brings in but she still cares about him because he's basically the only tie she has to a human life, and even went out of her way to try to get revenge over his death... Showing that Kuzen was wrong to assume she doesn't understand the value of life.

I'm sorry, there's just so much I have to say about her!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 29, 2017 11:53 AM
Oct 2016
I think the same, without her there couldn't be hope and will to change this warped world
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.