Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2016
Over the course of Gundam 00, I noticed a few glaring issues that would trample the quality of the show by the time the ending rolled around, and go on to plague season 2. If this season were to be redone, here's what I'd like to see from it. As mentioned above, there will be spoilers, so if you haven't seen Gundam 00, then I question why you're here, in this thread.

1. Focus more time on developing the Gundam meisters. Setsuna and Lockon especially. Most of the Gundam meisters have little development aside from Allelujah. Many of these guys suffered horrible pasts, and while it does catch up to them, they never really grow or change as a result of confronting said past. Tieria gets SOME semblance of development, but it's ultimately moot due to season 2.
2. Make the Trinity Trio more sympathetic or more emotionally broken. These guys are the darker answer to Celestial Being and the Gundam meisters. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot to make them likable characters that employ darker means, and it makes it so that when Johan Trinity and Michael Trinity are killed off, we don't feel much sympathy from their deaths despite the fact that we're probably supposed to sympathize with Nena Trjnity for what just happened to her brothers. Make them either kinder people to others so we have more of a struggle trying to hate them, or see how their actions are directing affecting their already odd psyches.
3. Actually follow the rules of how Trans-Am works! It's established that when a Gundam undergoes Trans-Am mode, the overall output of the Gundam should be worse afterwards. However, in season 1 alone, there are multiple times where this isn't the case. It becomes even more of a problem I season 2, but it IS season 1's fault.
4. Give Louise a reasonable start of her descent into madness. In episode 18, Nena childishly blows up the church where Louise was in, and as such, Louise loses her arm and her family. In season 2, she's downright insane, and it's directly stated that the church incident caused this. Only problem, there is no start to this. Maybe show how towards the end, her psyche is starting to wear, and how she now wants revenge. Maybe THEN, we'd know that there was some progression into that whole deal in season 2.
5. Establish that Lockon has a brother. In season 2, it turns out that he has a brother. Only problem, Lockon blatantly stated that his entire family died! Instead, he should note that his brother was the only other survivor, but they never saw each other again.
6. Fix up the artstyle for the modern standards. Self explainitory, since well, this has to be made in a new time, so using animation from 2008 wouldn't cut it so many years later, if this ever comes to fruition.
7. Give us a more memorable OST. The tracks never stood out in the original, except for OP 2 which was awesome, and OP 1 which was also pretty good. We need new tracks that actually stand out as well as provide a fitting atmosphere to whatever's going on

If it did those things, I'm sure this season would truly be an impressive show. Well, with that said, I bid you adieu.
Feb 25, 2017 7:40 AM
Feb 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Over the course of Gundam 00, I noticed a few glaring issues that would trample the quality of the show by the time the ending rolled around, and go on to plague season 2. If this season were to be redone, here's what I'd like to see from it. As mentioned above, there will be spoilers, so if you haven't seen Gundam 00, then I question why you're here, in this thread.

1. Focus more time on developing the Gundam meisters. Setsuna and Lockon especially. Most of the Gundam meisters have little development aside from Allelujah. Many of these guys suffered horrible pasts, and while it does catch up to them, they never really grow or change as a result of confronting said past. Tieria gets SOME semblance of development, but it's ultimately moot due to season 2.
2. Make the Trinity Trio more sympathetic or more emotionally broken. These guys are the darker answer to Celestial Being and the Gundam meisters. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot to make them likable characters that employ darker means, and it makes it so that when Johan Trinity and Michael Trinity are killed off, we don't feel much sympathy from their deaths despite the fact that we're probably supposed to sympathize with Nena Trjnity for what just happened to her brothers. Make them either kinder people to others so we have more of a struggle trying to hate them, or see how their actions are directing affecting their already odd psyches.
3. Actually follow the rules of how Trans-Am works! It's established that when a Gundam undergoes Trans-Am mode, the overall output of the Gundam should be worse afterwards. However, in season 1 alone, there are multiple times where this isn't the case. It becomes even more of a problem I season 2, but it IS season 1's fault.
4. Give Louise a reasonable start of her descent into madness. In episode 18, Nena childishly blows up the church where Louise was in, and as such, Louise loses her arm and her family. In season 2, she's downright insane, and it's directly stated that the church incident caused this. Only problem, there is no start to this. Maybe show how towards the end, her psyche is starting to wear, and how she now wants revenge. Maybe THEN, we'd know that there was some progression into that whole deal in season 2.
5. Establish that Lockon has a brother. In season 2, it turns out that he has a brother. Only problem, Lockon blatantly stated that his entire family died! Instead, he should note that his brother was the only other survivor, but they never saw each other again.
6. Fix up the artstyle for the modern standards. Self explainitory, since well, this has to be made in a new time, so using animation from 2008 wouldn't cut it so many years later, if this ever comes to fruition.
7. Give us a more memorable OST. The tracks never stood out in the original, except for OP 2 which was awesome, and OP 1 which was also pretty good. We need new tracks that actually stand out as well as provide a fitting atmosphere to whatever's going on

If it did those things, I'm sure this season would truly be an impressive show. Well, with that said, I bid you adieu.

Agreed with you on points 1, 2, 4, and 5. But GN005 nadleeh actually stopped working after it used trans-am, mind you that. And also, it is just the fact that the output drops a hell lot, but it should be still functionable for combat, according to the settings. Well the BGMs are also pretty good.

The point I want to change is to extend the battle of repairII Exia and Gundam 0. The screen time of Exia r2 is short AF. Gundam 0 got more screen time than it did in other scenes(when setsuna was a kid).

Only if there are more people in this page
Feb 25, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2016
Honoomiya_414113 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Agreed with you on points 1, 2, 4, and 5. But GN005 nadleeh actually stopped working after it used trans-am, mind you that. And also, it is just the fact that the output drops a hell lot, but it should be still functionable for combat, according to the settings. Well the BGMs are also pretty good.

The point I want to change is to extend the battle of repairII Exia and Gundam 0. The screen time of Exia r2 is short AF. Gundam 0 got more screen time than it did in other scenes(when setsuna was a kid).

Only if there are more people in this page
Wait, it did? Is that the reason he got a new Gundam? That's cool. Still, this point applies most especially to the 00 Gundam and how it spans Trans-am all the time and doesn't suffer any repercussions for this.

Alright then.

Yeah. It's a desert out here. I'm just glad to know that there's a population out here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.