Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2016 4:16 PM

Apr 2016
- Avoid spoiler tags like the plague if you haven't played Zero Escape 1 and 2! -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fate of the world rests on your decision." - Doctor Zero

Oh, it is Zero! So, Doctor Zero is the new game master, and he is dressed like the Medicos della Peste back then!
My, he looks like he is going to drop the hottest cure against the plague!

It seems he will give us a mix of statistical and stochastic theories and a lecture on choices!

That attire symbolizes doom, death, illness and demise.

Is that okay?

Perhaps it has to do something with

Discuss heatedly.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 5, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2016
I've always hated old-fashioned plague doctors, so this zero is definitely going to be aweso ely creepy!
May 23, 2016 5:56 PM

Apr 2016
My problem with the original gas mask costume is that it has always been considered as the quintessential Zero Escape mascot, even though it appears only once in the first game and twice in the second. I don't think it was even meant to become a symbol for this character, it was just practical clothing for the job. The megaphone for the first game and Lagomorph should be considered the official symbols for the Zeros of their respective games.

This costume, on the other hand, is gonna be something we will constantly see throughout the game, and it'll be what this new character will present themselves as, so now it's valid for this plague doctor costume to become their symbol.

————————————————————————————————————

You understand my ramblings, right? I hope so.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
May 25, 2016 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
Lord_Thantus said:
This costume, on the other hand, is gonna be something we will constantly see throughout the game, and it'll be what this new character will present themselves as, so now it's valid for this plague doctor costume to become their symbol.

————————————————————————————————————

You understand my ramblings, right? I hope so.

Yes~ I think it has to do with the meaning of the gas mask in the first game. The gas mask is an association when Junpei tries to connect his abductor and the conductor of the game. He remembers that someone in a gas mask kidnapped him. Later,
May 25, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
Cenba said:
Yes~ I think it has to do with the meaning of the gas mask in the first game. The gas mask is an association when Junpei tries to connect his abductor and the conductor of the game. He remembers that someone in a gas mask kidnapped him. Later,

Yeah. That makes sense. It's just that, for me, the player, it feels really awkward that the antagonistic figure of the game is "seen" only once, and suddenly that's what the fanbase associates with the series. The original 999 cover didn't even have the mask in it!
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
May 26, 2016 3:44 AM

Apr 2016
Lord_Thantus said:
Cenba said:

The original 999 cover didn't even have the mask in it!

That's right! But now that I look at it again, doesn't it seem very strange that
May 26, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
Cenba said:
That's right! But now that I look at it again, doesn't it seem very strange that

Holy shit................
May 16, 2021 3:17 PM
Dec 2017
damn i feel scared even by just talking about the game as welel thats how much i love it.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ZTD - Describe The Plot In 1 Word

Cenba - Feb 17, 2018

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 16, 2021 3:15 PM

Poll: » Zero Time Dilemma - Preview

Cenba - May 20, 2016

2 by gally_exe »»
May 25, 2016 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.