Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2015 4:30 PM
Jun 2015
First, the walpurgis night festival, how exactly does this competition go? 100 vs 99, then the next night it's supposed to be 100vs99vs98, ext ext. as the pool of fighters is all in and people are killed or lose their automaton/gloves as entry. But i dont know if thats exactly how it works, am i missing something? Is the only way to win to kill the competition, or only their opponents automaton, or something completely different? Im only on ep 6, but i want to understand before i become more confused.

Second, what exactly is a banned doll, and if they are banned, why are they allowed for use by students? Also wouldnt Magnus not be allowed to use multiple dolls if he is only fighting againsts someone with one?

Finally, what exactly is Raishins missions for shoko, and why does he have to do this? Also, his family was killed in the very beginning, is there any reason why they had been killed, i didnt really catch a reason besides they were great puppeteers.
Oct 7, 2017 1:06 PM

Aug 2012
Flameman1234 said:
First, the walpurgis night festival, how exactly does this competition go? 100 vs 99, then the next night it's supposed to be 100vs99vs98, ext ext. as the pool of fighters is all in and people are killed or lose their automaton/gloves as entry. But i dont know if thats exactly how it works, am i missing something? Is the only way to win to kill the competition, or only their opponents automaton, or something completely different? Im only on ep 6, but i want to understand before i become more confused.

Second, what exactly is a banned doll, and if they are banned, why are they allowed for use by students? Also wouldnt Magnus not be allowed to use multiple dolls if he is only fighting againsts someone with one?

Finally, what exactly is Raishins missions for shoko, and why does he have to do this? Also, his family was killed in the very beginning, is there any reason why they had been killed, i didnt really catch a reason besides they were great puppeteers.

1. there are multiple ways to win: take the glove, destroy the automaton of the opponent, incapacitate your adversary. And yes technically you can attack it directly but a blast can be big enough to hit the pupeteer also and one could die from mana overuse. Also one could technically just quit.
2. It is a BAN doll not banned. I am not sure what it stands for, but they are automatons that use parts of living beings. The more of the living organism parts the automaton has the more independent it gets , of course this means that if it will consume its own mana it will die faster. Now the most complete automaton would be just a living creature with his heart replaced with an eve heart.
3. there is no rule against using more than one doll at once. But each doll causes mana drain and except for people in Magnus and Raishin clan no one can operate more than one doll at the same time. It is not about fair is about creating the most powerful soldiers.
4. Raishin wants to kill his brother because he thinks he is responsible for the death of his sister. Shoko is using him for her own purpose and possibly lying to him.
5. If you read Kurokami or something similar the reason for that will be revealed when Raishin faces his brother towards the end of the story. It is a predictable plot twist used ad nauseam.

If I had to guess the way Raishin's clan was able to control multiple dolls is by creating BAN dolls in some cases even from their own people. Also I believe Shoko is in a way doing Magnus work. Magnus does something he does not feel is right but what he feels is the only way. So I guess he wants his brother as a safety measure. His thinking is this: is he is right he will defeat his brother if not his brother will defeat him. Also a hypothesis I think he tries to revive Nadeshiko using BAN dolls.

PS: sorry for replying so late , just marathoned the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Season 2? ( 1 2 )

RApollos - Dec 11, 2013

64 by Gazz »»
Oct 20, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.