Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2015 3:59 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kind of weird that they would introduce a new character and have him play this big of a role in the final episode...

It's also strange how this episode basically ended just like a normal episode without any kind of climax for the series as a whole. I'm guessing the people at Sunrise were expecting to continue with another series after this one.
Well, at least there's the OVAs after this which will hopefully wrap things up.
::End of Transmission::

May 17, 2016 3:45 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah I was disappointed by this too normal ending too.

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Feb 8, 2017 10:55 PM

Apr 2011
Although there was no real resolution to the main relationship, this was a very good season, I especially enjoyed the 2nd half. I'm really going to miss this series, it legit hurts me to say goodbye. :(
9/10
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Oct 8, 2018 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
Was Klaus not related to Kaori? it was almost like he was her son and this was explained in the manga and we were meant to know what was happening, great series and I am really looking forward to the movie next year.
Oct 13, 2018 12:35 PM

Oct 2009
Sucks that Kaori was never fully present when they kissed.
Feb 10, 2019 7:52 AM

Sep 2011
So all of a sudden Ryou and Kaori are like siblings, and she gets all embarrassed at the prospect of getting together with another guy like that, huh. I thought they loved each other, and they knew it, and everyone else knew it. But well, leaving this aside this was a nice final episode.

The poor guy was chained down to the underworld from a young age, and was forced to kill, only finding peace and freedom in death. This reminds me a lot of another character. It's sad, but as soon as Kaori said: "Let's live together!" I knew he was dead for sure. Well, it's over.
Mar 1, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2012
Was pretty obvious Hans is going to die
The thing is I can't feel anything for Hans' death
It's just weird, they're like just throwing us sad story at the end of the anime
Felt way too forceful, I prefer Ryou and Umibozu duel as ending.. oh well..
"Signature removed"
Jun 18, 2019 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
Definitely a mixed bag this season, I still gave it an 8/10 just like all the others though. I thought this season had some of the best episodes of the whole franchise, but it also had some of the most tired and plain episodes too.

I didn't like this final episode at all unfortunately. Not a fan of adding a minor love interest of sorts for Kaori. She is all in on Ryo minus the odd flirtation. Just seemed slightly out of character idk. But even if not it was a very weird choice for the final season, though of course that probably wasn't the plan at the time.

Well down to just three more specials and then Angel Heart some time later. Oh! and of course the new movie in time.
May 26, 2020 4:25 PM

Nov 2016
The drama in this season was better than in the third one and I liked this episode, even tho it kinda irks me that the TV anime just ends like that.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2021 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
This whole episode felt really forced. Might be the worst episode of this season honestly, and very very weird to end the show on this episode.

This season had a lot of good moments though, notably the Ryo and Kaori date and the necklace episode with Makimura.
Oct 2, 2022 5:57 AM
Mar 2022
Wow, this episode waa terrible! Who decided to end the series with a fucking Kaori love interest episode instead of the duel between Umibozu and Ryo? Hell, even the Cinderella episode would have made for a much better ending. City Hunter '91 was a really fun series and I liked it more than City Hunter 3 but man this ending sucked ass. I feel like they wanted to adapt the Mick Angel stuff from the manga but they didn't have nearly enough episodes to work with so they just whipped this up to compensate.
Aug 25, 1:01 AM
Dec 2022
The finale of the season. We meet Hans who is a young pro from Europe on the run from his organization after hitting off the boss. He wanted to see Japan, the country of birth of his mother. He met Kaori at the cemetery and was taken in when he suffered an illness. We learnt he is dying and the organization forced a duel between both Ryo and Hans to save Kaori. Hans lost his life but not before hitting the boss of the group. The locket saw his mother is a spitting image of Kaori. It is abit underwhelming to end the season. Would expect more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 10, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 12:28 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 11 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 9, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 24, 11:37 PM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

7 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 24, 4:42 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 9 Discussion

EratiK - Feb 22, 2015

6 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:49 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 8 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.