Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
This totally needed to happen sooner or later; given that he is one of the less discussed character in the series. Was genuinely interested in what people think of Shinji? As in, how did you find his characterization and how did you interpret the role of his character in the story?

Here's one of my older posts that I made on a forum I visit.

Still got more things to say and didn't really focus clearly on Shinji as a person rather than his contrast with others and his character's role, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 11, 2015 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
He and Zouken are both POS scum that should just die, die, and die some more.
Apr 11, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2014
damastah said:

Well, he's written in a way to make you hate him in order to appreciate Shirou even more in a way. Still, I think he's a rather well done character like the majority of characters in this series.
Apr 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
Shinji is an utter piece of shit - but his upbringing is also incredibly shitty. Who knows what Shinji would have been like in a different family. Probably still kinda shitty, but maybe not so bad.

He's definitely well done in that they make you really hate him, and his design is fucking perfect, in my opinion.
Apr 11, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
WormPriest said:
damastah said:

Well, he's written in a way to make you hate him in order to appreciate Shirou even more in a way. Still, I think he's a rather well done character like the majority of characters in this series.

Well he is well-done indeed if his goal is to make me want to hate him so much lol.

In fact, I want him and Zouken to both have their skin SLOWLY PEELED OFF on camera , then both of them being force-fed their skin, and have intercourse with Zouken's organisms all-day and all-night for the rest of their worthless lives.

Oh and during all of this, me and Sakura just watch with a nice big bag of popcorn and a bottle of soda each.
Apr 11, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2010
ANGRY2011 said:
Shinji is an utter piece of shit - but his upbringing is also incredibly shitty. Who knows what Shinji would have been like in a different family. Probably still kinda shitty, but maybe not so bad.

Actually, in Extra you see Shinji without Zouken's influence. He's still as cocky as in Stay Night, but he's way less shit.
Sadly, I can't moonread CCC, but he got Crowning Moment of Badass there by

That being said, yeah, Shinji is written so that you hate him, but Nasu managed to nail that perfectly. Him being piece of shit doesn't mean he's worse written character than, let's say, Caster.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
If a character makes me want to punch him,stab him and bash him into oblivion so much that the world will forget about his existence..then I must say he is a well written character from an objective perspective...
Apr 11, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
ANGRY2011 said:

He's definitely well done in that they make you really hate him, and his design is fucking perfect, in my opinion.

Agreed. He is written as someone you should dislike and his design is pretty spot on and great in that perspective.

But I think Shinji definitely would have been a better person if he didn't have such a terrible family that constantly expected the best from him while spitting on him and calling him the worst. His Father, Zouken and even Sakura to a point made him develop quite a bad personality.

Shinji is somewhat of a cool guy when he's allowed to act human and isn't constantly stepped on by the whole world or magic and etc. Like for an example, he'd murder anyone ''socially'' who tries to make fun of his actual friends and can act pretty bro'ish and frienly - example: F/HA SoL scenes.
Apr 11, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
I think the only version of Shinji I tolerate is Carnival Phantasm Shinji lol.
Apr 11, 2015 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
Carnival Phantasm Shinji did give us a perfect gif...

WormPriest said:
Shinji is somewhat of a cool guy when he's allowed to act human and isn't constantly stepped on by the whole world or magic and etc. Like for an example, he'd murder anyone ''socially'' who tries to make fun of his actual friends and can act pretty bro'ish and frienly - example: F/HA SoL scenes.

Well, there had to be a reason why Shirou befriended him... in other words, Shinji wasn't as big of an asshole like she was during Stay Night. So yeah, certainly his behavior is a result of Zouken's influence first and foremost... then the rest of the events surrounding his family.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 11, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
Aurioch said:
Actually, in Extra you see Shinji without Zouken's influence. He's still as cocky as in Stay Night, but he's way less shit.
Sadly, I can't moonread CCC, but he got Crowning Moment of Badass there by

That being said, yeah, Shinji is written so that you hate him, but Nasu managed to nail that perfectly. Him being piece of shit doesn't mean he's worse written character than, let's say, Caster.

Ha, don't really know about Shinji in Extra. That's pretty amusing, sounds like I was somewhere in the right ballpark.

WormPriest said:
Agreed. He is written as someone you should dislike and his design is pretty spot on and great in that perspective.

But I think Shinji definitely would have been a better person if he didn't have such a terrible family that constantly expected the best from him while spitting on him and calling him the worst. His Father, Zouken and even Sakura to a point made him develop quite a bad personality.

The F/HA SoL scenes were pretty funny. Then again, so was most of F/HA as a whole.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» cancer

Insertanamehere - Apr 13, 2015

0 by Insertanamehere »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:53 PM

Poll: » le memz

4 by Falo0da »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:41 PM

» RIP

5 by AirConditioner »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:32 PM

Sticky: » General Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AirConditioner - Apr 11, 2015

103 by Insertanamehere »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:21 PM

» Best game

AirConditioner - Apr 11, 2015

4 by WrongPriest »»
Apr 11, 2015 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.