Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2015 10:35 PM

May 2008
So yeah. I remember seeing up to like episode 10-11, and then i put it on hold for some reason. This was like a year ago or more now..

I think i got bored at the time, and/or i realized that the main char wasn't gonna suddenly 'power up' shounen styles and then there would be more action. This was what i was kinda hpoing to happen, because other than that, the show is prety boring, or at least for me. Anyone else feel this way? I wanna know if anyone actualy enjoyed the slice of life drama moments from him..

Personally i don't think this show knew what it wanted to do/be, and/or who it was targeting, since it didn't really target anyone specifically. I think that's probably why it got only rated 7 etc.

It's no Tiger N Bunny. Now i watched that, and really loved it. Also love One Punch Man, which Tiger n Bunny felt like, but obviously without the gag humor parts(or not as 'bad' as OPM). I guess i was hoping for it to go more in that direction..

Now my question is do you think i will get anything out of forcing myself to watch the rest of the series? Probably like another 10-12 episodes still. I am thinking of dropping it, but the aspect of my personality that wants to complete shit is also making me have second thoughts and to make this thread in order to get more opinions before i throw away the key(delete the first 11 episodes on my HDD.. so yeah, if i do watch the rest, i will probably have to re-watch the whole thing because i forgot most of it) and never look back.. :(

EDIT: Yes, i've seen episode 7 and the Gorilla thing. Yes, i didn't like that at all. It was just stupid as. If they wanted to do that(which i was waiting for), they should have done it seriously..

Does it ever get serious at all? That's what will make or break it for me. If it gets serious and is interesting and not just monster of the week fare, and still the same old slice of life crap that has been happening, then i might check out the rest..
ex0Feb 25, 2015 10:41 PM
Feb 26, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Well, Samurai Flamenco never really was your generic shounen, where the MC suddenly gets strong and so on.
If you're rather looking for something with fancy battle scenes,I wouldn't recommend it.
I personally liked the last arc the most, since it was about the feelings and morale.
If you enjoy watching people struggle against their inner conflict it might be something for you.
I really liked the subject the anime wants to address.

To your question if it gets serious: I'm not really sure what it means for you to get serious, but the last arc sure was serious and interesting, for me at least.

But if you didn't like the gorilla thing, I'm not sure if this is your anime. The anime is full of plot twists and things, you wouldn't really anticipate ( that's at least for me ).

Well, to sum it up, if you really like action and fancy battle scenes and don't like the Samurai Flamenco style of action, I'd rather recommend not to watch.
Eventhough I really liked it. ;D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.