Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2009 10:54 AM
Jan 2009
Just wondering if anyone went, give us an overview of how it all was, success or nay? I would definitely go if they held something similar again.

I only found out about it today because I didn't log into MAL for quite a few weeks due to changing OS and forgetting about all my old bookmarked sites, of which MAL just wasn't needed quite yet. So yeah, really brassed off about missing my chance to see "The Sky Crawlers" on the big screen. :\
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 22, 2009 3:52 PM

Apr 2008
I went to it, there was quite a good turnout. I don't know if they'll do it again or not, they didn't say yes or no either way.

Everyone got a goodie bag with a flashy light stick in it and some crisps and energy drinks. The Sky Crawlers was first and it was one of the worst films I've ever seen, I think most people felt the same way about it. Everyone laughed and groaned throughout the movie and then cheered when it was over.

First Squad was good, had an interesting idea. Evangelion 1.0 was well as I expected lol. There was technical issue with Time of Even which meant it couldn't be played on the screen properly, as the subtitles were cut off, so that wasn't shown and we got to watch 'The King of Thorn' instead, which I don't think has been officially released yet, has just been shown at film festivals and all nighters. It was.. odd, but good.

I'm hoping the good turnout will make it happen again, there were so many more people there than at some screenings of 'mainstream' movies during the day.
Nov 23, 2009 10:26 AM
Jan 2009
Thanks for the more than thorough overview! I appreciate it.

What you have said about the Sky Crawlers is something that was already on my mind- that being, it isn't everyone's cup of tea (something that I really do understand) and the odds that I'll ever get a chance to see it on the big screen like this again are pretty much nil from here on... call me a pessimist.

Good to hear the turnout was good though, that's the main concern. I had never heard of "Cinemagic" until this event, but hopefully they take note of the success and hold something similiar in a year's time. Even Odeon could try hosting it themselves I guess, though I doubt they're fussed about something so niche.
Nov 23, 2009 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
Sky Crawlers had a lot of promise initially, the animation was visually stunning, especially on the big screen. But the story didn't quite match it. I think with the book it would have been much better developed, but I and anyone with me or around me did not care for the characters one bit. Also I think the version we were watching had slightly off subs, which meant some of the things said were slightly questionable... and therefore everyone laughed. xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» R E V I V E T H I S C L U B

ja_2000 - Oct 1, 2023

2 by ja_2000 »»
Oct 15, 2023 9:00 PM

» Q Con anyone?

Epiccoco - Jun 1, 2014

1 by MitchyHatake »»
Jun 10, 2014 9:14 AM

» Christmas

holo15 - Dec 23, 2013

0 by holo15 »»
Dec 23, 2013 8:28 AM

» Anyone in Belfast for Uni?

xerobloom - Nov 16, 2013

0 by xerobloom »»
Nov 16, 2013 8:35 PM

Poll: » Six Counties

Kimchi_V - Feb 16, 2009

14 by xerobloom »»
Nov 16, 2013 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.