Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2014 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't dislike the skeleton dinosaurs.
Dec 17, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
I was actually just about to make a thread to hear what people like about this exactly.

Sloth_ said:
I didn't dislike the skeleton dinosaurs.

I also didn't by the time Kenya became Jurassic Park, plus some giant snakes and frogs.
Aug 20, 2016 8:05 PM

Apr 2016
I thought it was pretty shitty. Not much I found enjoyment in.
Aug 22, 2016 6:41 PM

Oct 2010
We've seen things, we have. We few.

A cast of three races riding a snake kaiju through the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey is the kind of thing I wish Masaaki Yuasa would do, but he won't, because he's just not cool.
May 18, 2020 2:52 PM

Apr 2019
Shounen Kenya (Kenya Boy, 1984)
This is a bad movie. But it's such a mindblowing trainwreck one can only watch in awe and admiration. It feels like what a 12 year old on LSD would come up with, and each new plot twist leads deeper into a rabbit hole of cosmic proportions. The plot is about the adventures of a Japanese boy in East-Africa and covers about 4 years in his life. Giving more details is quite hard without spoilers. The main attraction of the movie are the insane plot twists, which make you wonder on what drug the writers were, and what age and species they belong to. It's really incredible, but a higher rating would be a slap into the face of real movies. Yet, consider it a must see. (6/10)

May 23, 2020 4:08 AM

Nov 2016
Oh boy, what a mess. Weird editing, annoying screaming, goofy soundtrack, ridiculous patriotism, monsters and even dinosaurs, inconsistent characters and nonsensical direction and yet somehwat brilliant in a twisted way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 21, 2021 8:43 AM

Feb 2015
Nobuhiko Obayashi was really a great director, very surreal and wild. Too bad he didn't make more anime other than this. RIP
Oct 8, 2021 2:48 AM

Nov 2015
Holy shit! O.o that was something... anybody should watch this at least once in their lives, it's a colorful barf lol 8/10.

đź’˘

Aug 18, 2022 3:59 AM

May 2017
Holy shit this was fantastic. I can't believe there aren't way more people talking about this. This was absolutely insane from start to finish with constant crazy inventive animation decisions with the plot also being equally unhinged. The big thing that would keep me from entirely endorsing this as an arthouse masterpiece is the incredibly prevalent racism, which is a shame. Still a must-see for anyone serious about anime in my opinion. The sheer audacity this movie has to exist is immense.

More topics from this board

» The director of this film is missing in the database

Joms - May 20, 2020

1 by Klonoa7H »»
Apr 16, 2021 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.