Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 4:21 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Shin experienced two VRMMO player urban legends in succession.

That just pretty much explained the setting of the series with Shin finding himself trapped in a VRMMO death game, then trapped again after the completion of the game. With his stats exceeding more than twice the max, it's undeniable that he is beyond broken. I'm interested in seeing him actually battle, hopefully that opportunity comes soon.
Mar 22, 2015 10:45 PM

Feb 2008
He's already been in 3 battles that were described with some detail and several that were simply mentioned in passing? Or do you mean one where he actually needs to put in some effort? If so, there's still the very first fight in the series.
Mar 31, 2015 3:00 PM
Jan 2015
Talkin bout my MC SHINboy

Everyone in the world has no upper limit for their level or stats so his ability that lets him surpass the maximums from the game seems redundant/necessary in that regard. Since most people only have 1-2 skills him having over 1000 is definitely broken, but a significant contributor to the disparity was caused by lost knowledge. Normal people might have had many more skills on average in the past and the skillsets of other races have yet to be determined.

Even though his raw stats have doubled I believe that this has been completely countered. The monsters are much more intelligent and dangerous (This isn't the video game anymore). Getting hurt in battle now causes agony rather than just HP loss. I would say his stats have doubled and the difficulties tripled. The monsters may even have broken their natural level limits, stat limits, and equipment limits.

It's still so early in the story. He lacks a concrete plan for his future. I don't really see a resolute reason for him to be motivated to return to his world. He seems to just be meandering around as an adventurer, wants to meet Schnee, and hopes that the longer lived races might know about the disappearance of all the players 500 years ago.

He is filthy rich. He is the strongest, while lacking a bit of the new world's real battle experience. He could have all the prestige, reputation, and respect if he just walked up to the king and said he was a High Human. He can run around the world like a speeding car without getting tired. All these things are at his fingertips and yet he lives quite sloppily.

The silly guy takes a herb gathering quest... I would have too.

Even though he's lukewarm it's fun to just read about what Shin is doing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2016

3 by lotus_eater »»
Sep 26, 2021 1:39 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Volume 12 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 2, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Mar 2, 2019 6:43 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Volume 10 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 28, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 28, 2019 4:30 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Volume 9 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 22, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 22, 2019 3:32 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Volume 8 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 17, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2019 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.