Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 1:35 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm interested in seeing how Jeanne's and Sieg's relationship will progress, though I won't be expecting much. It'd be better to ask how much Jeanne is willing to help out before crossing the boundaries as Ruler. Caules and Berserker I must say are definitely my most favorite Master and Servant duo. Again, hoping for more Mordred this volume, and Shirou Kotomine is definitely one to be reckoned with.
Dec 29, 2014 9:27 PM

Oct 2013
I got a bit confused about Jack. Here's a passage:
"…In the first place, Jack wasn’t a [human] when she was alive.

In 1888, there were tens of thousands of prostitutes in London. The abortion methods back then were too unskilled and rough, and the children who should have been born were treated like trash. Their corpses were discarded into the river that flowed through the East End district where the prostitutes lived, and their hatred and grudges accumulated in the stagnant river.

The grudges of the tens of thousands of children who were denied even the right to be born gradually started to take human form. Eventually, a very young girl who couldn’t even be called a prostitute wandered the streets of East End without knowing why. Why she was born, why she was sad, why she was cold—she didn’t know anything. She didn’t know, but she at least understood that she wanted something.

In such a state, she happened to meet a woman.

When she walked towards the woman and unconsciously called out [Mother], Jack was terribly abused. Getting abused was hard, painful and only left her sad. So she killed the woman.

Killing her was unexpectedly easy. The organs she took out of her after dismembering her were warm, as if they were a sign of love.

The next day, there was a huge ruckus when the woman’s corpse was discovered.

She killed a second woman and then a third. And as she did so, she was given a name by the people.

Jack the Ripper—It made her happy. Because she hadn’t known her own name either until then.

When rumors went around saying that ‘Jack must be a doctor based on his dissection technique’, she was delighted. The people she hated the most in this world were doctors—because they were the ones who kept killing children like her.

After killing several prostitutes, she then died. It wasn’t due to any significant reason. A certain magus merely noticed that the bizarre murders were crimes done by a demonic being and promptly dealt with her."
So does that basically say that Jack was some sort of a demon born from the despairing souls of the unborn, and instinctually went after women for mothers. Is her being a demon also a reason why her dissection skills are so great? The wiki says something entirely different about her being just a little girl who went missing. I'm a bit confused, can someone confirm this or correct this interpretation?
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.

More topics from this board

» Translation

Epiccgaymer - Sep 23, 2022

2 by Epiccgaymer »»
Oct 22, 2022 2:59 PM

» Fate/Apocrypha

Fruitilocious - Jan 21, 2013

5 by Tenshii-sama »»
Feb 18, 2019 3:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Servants

sallym613 - Jul 15, 2012

12 by removed-user »»
Sep 23, 2017 1:31 AM

» Fate/Apocrypha is officially confirmed to be air next yesr

xcore21z - Dec 31, 2016

16 by KOKA_Xu »»
May 19, 2017 2:56 PM

» Significant Announcement

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

10 by Lysander_Dz »»
May 26, 2016 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.