Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2008
I for one, think that Bones will probably be the best. Just because they are used to making the mecha series.
Signature Here.
Oct 15, 2009 9:37 AM

Aug 2009
I also think it'll be Bones, but I'm willing to bet the Production I.G. short'll be really good as well. I'm a bit concerned about Toei and Studio 4°C, though. Casio's looks like it'll basically be Appleseed x Halo.
Nov 11, 2009 1:13 AM

Dec 2008
Nagasei said:
I also think it'll be Bones, but I'm willing to bet the Production I.G. short'll be really good as well. I'm a bit concerned about Toei and Studio 4°C, though. Casio's looks like it'll basically be Appleseed x Halo.

Going with Bones also. Cant wait for their episode. But Production I.G. are right behind them, for me interest in an episode.

I also agree about Toei and Stuido 4°C
Nov 11, 2009 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
All of them will certainly have strong points. I was impressed by the first short by 4°C (The Babysitter) didn't look too much like 4°C style which was refreshing IMO.

I.G has my vote though overall mostly with the involvement of Oshii (as a creative director on one episode) and then the direction of Mashimo and Sawai for Homecoming (but I'm biased there :P) should be good too.

BONES is fine they'll animate well but I can't see them doing much outside their already gimicky field.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Feb 1, 2010 12:34 PM

Feb 2009
Bones ... Prototype was the best episode of all!

Btw...MAL says there are 9 episodes,but AniDB says there are 8 episodes(i've watched them all already).
Something's not quiet right here :/

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Feb 1, 2010 12:49 PM
Jun 2008
It's a toss up between Studio 4C, Bones and Production I.G.

While Studio 4C does STUNNING work, they excel in artistic endeavours, not so much action and straightforward, constrained material. They work best with something wild, something outer-worldly and something closer to expressionism via art. Action and aliens? Ah... I dunno. Memories of Street Fighter are still fresh.

Bones have done mecha stuff before, and are very solid. They don't have it in them do push the limits of the medium, though. They might do the best work in developing the characters and making us like what we see, but they mightn't give astounding work in terms of handling the content.

Production I.G. seems to be just about the best bet. They can handle that heavy sci fi material extremely well, though quirkiness is not something they'd present. I get the sense that they're a very "serious business" type studio, who like to work methodically and give the best all the time. It doesn't leave room for accidental genius to fall out from places.

So each studio might excel in certain arenas:

Studio 4C = Presentation
Bones = Enjoyment and likeability
Production I.G. Development of content

But let's just see how it goes in actuality. The latter companies would just be a complete bust.
Feb 18, 2010 7:40 PM

Mar 2007
Well since studio 4C did "Origins" I think it's the most appealing since its basically the whole history of the Halo Universe and ties everything up in a believable manner.

Bones did Odd One Out and I must admit it was pretty funny. The english dub was funny enough but the jap dub was much more comical. Subtitles arent accurate to the letter but it was still great.

Personal favorite was The Package b/c of Shinji Aramaki. Casio did a pretty damn good job. And love the little surprises in the episode.

Each episode have good parts. Well worth my $20

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 2" Discussion

zvuc - Nov 21, 2009

33 by i_gkz »»
Sep 13, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Feb 4, 2010

15 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 7 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Feb 4, 2010

12 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 3:54 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 6 Discussion

adamh89 - Jan 18, 2010

14 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Halo Legends Episode 5 Discussion

TVV - Jan 9, 2010

12 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 9, 2023 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.