Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 15, 2014 1:28 AM

Feb 2013
Please......please please don't make me have to wait too long for another season.....

Great season, once again..

Seriously though....season 3.....now.
Apr 19, 2014 8:56 PM

Feb 2010
loving that Tease at the end just have to wait for Season 3 which might take while :D
Apr 24, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice ending but well it's not over yet, and I wonder if we'll see another season well I actually hope so! Either way this season pretty spectacular with some great moments in both character and story development! All in all a pretty good anime! 7/10
Apr 24, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 2008
Season 3 when?! ;___; <3 Maybe I should try reading the manga.
Enjoyed this season, but first one was better imo. Still a great ride.
8/10. Toyone <3
Apr 27, 2014 11:41 AM
May 2012
Really glad for they did S2, a good run. Hopefully they would animate the semifinals. I would be willing to wait.

8/10. Now off to the manga.

Also, the ending was quite surprising. Teru calling Saki's name, hopefully the manga would say something about that.
May 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Saki's back story is way more gloomy then I could have imagined. Who was that girl, is that why Saki wears her socks like that? I'm very interested...
May 22, 2014 12:56 AM

Dec 2008
Holy that plot at the end concerning Saki, Teru, and a mysterious girl kind of blew me out of the way; I mean I know that something had to drive them apart but I didn't think it would be something as serious as what the flashback implied.

While this season personally didn't stand as strongly as the original and Achiga did (Achiga set the standards for the Nationals to be an intense experience, all of the other schools basically keeled over for Saki), it was still a season of Saki to cherish. A new season won't come out for a long time but given how things are unfolding, I think that the Finals are definitely a spectacle worth waiting for.

Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jul 10, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
Goodness. I'l probably have to watch all 3 seasons (spinoff included) before the sequel comes out. Not to mention I rarely remembered the charas when I started watching this season. Meh, great series overall though. Gotta love that monster Saki. :)
Jul 25, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2013
Wow that ended so clean and smooth. Marvelous ! XD
This series really deserve more attention.. I can't wait for the semifinals adaption.
Instead of another season.. I hope they'd make a special or ova like Achiga did for semifinals.
That probably would be faster than a whole two cour season for semifinals and finals.
Aug 11, 2014 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
All in all, quite the disappointment.

First, I expected much more from Jindai Komaki. Her name had been mentioned along Teru and Koromo, so she should have kicked ass. Instead, her ability is apparently more or less random-based, turning it pretty useless when it matters.

Second, it was kinda lame how some of the enemies' abilities (like the new zealand girl or the 4th miko girl) got blocked all the time. I wanted to see them!!

Third, Nodoka and Saki disappointed. For being the mid school champion, Nodoka didn't stand out much, if at all. And Saki...I was hoping her to crush her opponents, but instead, it was just a normal victory. Of course, one could argue she still had her socks on etc., but then again, why did they do that? Why not let her go berserk in the quarter finals? Later on, we definitely won't get this chance anymore, so why show us this?

Well, I was disappointed, especially when the first season was totally awesome and Achiga, while the Achiga girls themselves were lame, still had many awesome opponents with cool abilities.

Hope the next season will come soon and will be better!
Aug 29, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
mrmuk said:

Well, I was disappointed, especially when the first season was totally awesome and Achiga, while the Achiga girls themselves were lame, still had many awesome opponents with cool abilities.

Well,this is the quarter final round. Not final like in season 1 Nagano prefecture or semi final in achiga so maybe next season,when we reach semi final and final of Kiyosumi,things will get more intense.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 7, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2012
Zapredon said:
mrmuk said:

Well,this is the quarter final round. Not final like in season 1 Nagano prefecture or semi final in achiga so maybe next season,when we reach semi final and final of Kiyosumi,things will get more intense.

Yea, what Zapredon said. It's the quarterfinals. Do you remember how boring the quarterfinals was in Achiga! it lasted like 2 episodes, and the only "powers" shown other than achigas was Senryamas first player. Anyways, the semifinals wont disappoint!(so far) Ill just say you can look forward to it and set your expectations high,(at least to the end of Hisas match, where the manga is rite now)
Sep 13, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2009
powerofemo said:
Zapredon said:

Yea, what Zapredon said. It's the quarterfinals. Do you remember how boring the quarterfinals was in Achiga! it lasted like 2 episodes, and the only "powers" shown other than achigas was Senryamas first player. Anyways, the semifinals wont disappoint!(so far) Ill just say you can look forward to it and set your expectations high,(at least to the end of Hisas match, where the manga is rite now)

Maybe then they should have cut down the quarters to two episodes here, too. Or at least like, made it cooler. I mean there were some nice characters in there, but in the end, they couldn't do much, turning them into nothing more than side characters who will be forgotten by the next anime.

Well, still, I'll definitely look forward to next Saki anime, though it'll probably take another 1-2 years until it appears. Guess I'll read the manga in the time^^
Feb 27, 2015 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
This whole season just felt like a huge tease. This last episode was the best because it was nice to see some old faces and there was some backstory stuff with Saki (though it was also a tease).
Apr 22, 2015 6:55 AM

May 2009
I don't think there will be another season, but a few specials to the Zenkoku-hen, just like Achiga-hen Side-A. In the case of Achiga-hen Side-A, the specials were aired just after six months they aired the last episode of the series. Let's keep our hope up. :)
Jan 10, 2016 1:47 PM
Jan 2016
Ritz should have enough source material for another cour, then the individual finals (Saki v Teru) could be released as a four part (1.25 hr each) OAV. So I expect sometime in our lifetime that we'll see a conclusion to this DEUS EX MACHINA Mahjong Anime. ^_^ Saki FTW!

PetrolJan 11, 2016 2:03 PM
Jun 28, 2016 3:46 PM

Sep 2015
Picked up Saki last week and have no regrets. What a fun ride that was. The show really brought the game of Mahjong to life with it's flashy scenes and great characters. I really love the way the character's eyes look in this anime, some of them look like they're possessed constantly but I think they all look beautiful.

The biggest thing that I really liked about this anime was the lack of an evil antagonist. There were opponents that had to be beat and certainly some people have demonic-like powers but no one in the anime is actually a bad person. Everyone played with the utmost respect for one another without the use of tricks or cheating with sleight of hand. Even though it was satisfying when the main characters won, I could not help but feel sad for the losers as well. It was evident that Mahjong meant a lot to some of the girls and it was a bit heartbreaking to see them lose. At the end of the day though, they're all great friends who share a love for Mahjong and it is those moments that heal up the wounds from the losses.

Overall both seasons were great. I am really hoping for a continuation as I would love to see Saki battle it out with her sister! We have yet to conclude the sister arc! 8/10
Aug 14, 2016 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
Man. I really wanted to see the Achiga girls play but oh well.

Nice ending a good place to stop. I hope a continuation happens if not I'll read the Manga once it a over.
Jul 18, 2017 9:48 AM

Sep 2016
as expected, downgrade from achiga. the superpowers are boring, characters are less intersting, saki is plain and boring, nodoka is flat despite her giant boobs and i heard manga is= taking forever to advance with shit draft-like art. even saki vs teru won't ever happen since teru will slaughter tacos girl instead due to team composition. individual match next decade.

dont know what to expect from now on
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 4, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
That S1 OP at the end, hell yeah!

Nice episode to conclude this solid sequel, we also got a bit of Saki's backstory, looks like she had a friend that had a wheelchair q_q

Nodoka meeting with Subara! And the Achiga cast was nice and a solid connection with the spin-off.

It's time to read the manga!
Apr 3, 2018 1:36 AM
Jun 2017
Ahh, I want to watch or read the manga, that shows saki making miracle again, beating other opponet in order to could have a chat again with her sister Teru.
Sep 24, 2020 4:09 AM

Aug 2008
6 years later...and still no 3rd season D:
Jan 14, 2021 6:02 PM
Dec 2015
This is a fun show to watch. The thing I'm most curious about is what year this story takes place. According to some information, it stated: "It is the middle of the 21st century."

The 21st century is between the years 1901 - 2000. So basically, it would have had to start in the middle between these years.

If my calculations are correct, the middle of the 21st century would have to be around 1949 or 1950.

Although, there is no real confirmation on what year the story takes place other than "It is the middle of the 21st century."

So all we know is that it took place sometime in the middle of the 21st century with no actual year known.

According to episode three of the anime, Hisa stated, "Ten days from now, at the beginning of next month, are the prefectural qualifiers."

According to additional information, the prefectural tournament and individual tournament took place on the weekend.

So, that means that the prefectures had to have taken place either on Saturday, May 1 or during the first weekend of the month.

However, since she said the beginning of next month, it makes me believe she meant the 1st of May. And if memory serves me right, I do believe that the Training Camp Kiyosumi went through ended the night or day before.

Additional information based on Saki: Achiga-hen. According to Akado Harue, she stated, "The prefecture preliminaries are in June."

With that information, it's most likely Hisa was talking about the beginning of June, which means that the prefecture qualification rounds must have to have been on the 1st and 2nd of June.

In any case, What year do you think it takes place?
MasterrazorJan 16, 2021 6:41 PM
Aug 31, 2021 1:10 PM

Feb 2020
It was a nice conclusion to the series, but we are STILL waiting for the final season. :( That sucks.

I think this was easily the best season. I really liked some of the new characters, especially Toyone.

SerafosJun 25, 9:53 PM
Sep 7, 2021 9:04 PM

Feb 2021
Masterrazor said:
This is a fun show to watch. The thing I'm most curious about is what year this story takes place. According to some information, it stated: "It is the middle of the 21st century."

The 21st century is between the years 1901 - 2000. So basically, it would have had to start in the middle between these years.

If my calculations are correct, the middle of the 21st century would have to be around 1949 or 1950.

Although, there is no real confirmation on what year the story takes place other than "It is the middle of the 21st century."

So all we know is that it took place sometime in the middle of the 21st century with no actual year known.

According to episode three of the anime, Hisa stated, "Ten days from now, at the beginning of next month, are the prefectural qualifiers."

According to additional information, the prefectural tournament and individual tournament took place on the weekend.

So, that means that the prefectures had to have taken place either on Saturday, May 1 or during the first weekend of the month.

However, since she said the beginning of next month, it makes me believe she meant the 1st of May. And if memory serves me right, I do believe that the Training Camp Kiyosumi went through ended the night or day before.

Additional information based on Saki: Achiga-hen. According to Akado Harue, she stated, "The prefecture preliminaries are in June."

With that information, it's most likely Hisa was talking about the beginning of June, which means that the prefecture qualification rounds must have to have been on the 1st and 2nd of June.

In any case, What year do you think it takes place?

The 21st century is 2001-2100 dude.
It probably takes place around the years that the main anime released. I don’t think it’s a very important focus for the show.
Oct 6, 2021 10:01 AM
Dec 2015
TSTO said:

It probably takes place around the years that the main anime released. I don’t think it’s a very important focus for the show.

Uh, yeah. My mistake. I meant 2001-2100. According to my calculation and information stated in the anime, it appears to take place around May 26, 2049. At least it does by the 4th episode because we know the prefectural tournament takes place on a weekend at the beginning of the next month, which would mean the prefectural tournament took place on Saturday, June 5 - Sunday, June 6.

And according to episode 3, Saki had been in the Mahjong club for a week. With that information, we can say the beginning of the story started a day before May 19, 2049. That's one month after school started.
Oct 6, 2021 1:31 PM

Feb 2021
Masterrazor said:
TSTO said:

Uh, yeah. My mistake. I meant 2001-2100. According to my calculation and information stated in the anime, it appears to take place around May 26, 2049. At least it does by the 4th episode because we know the prefectural tournament takes place on a weekend at the beginning of the next month, which would mean the prefectural tournament took place on Saturday, June 5 - Sunday, June 6.

And according to episode 3, Saki had been in the Mahjong club for a week. With that information, we can say the beginning of the story started a day before May 19, 2049. That's one month after school started.

Nice! That's pretty cool. I wonder if all the wild supernatural effects that they perform when playing mahjong are actually seen by the other competitors or it's just visual flair for the viewer. Maybe in the future world of that show that's a thing lol eh?
Oct 7, 2021 11:26 PM
Dec 2015
TSTO said:

Nice! That's pretty cool. I wonder if all the wild supernatural effects that they perform when playing mahjong are actually seen by the other competitors or it's just visual flair for the viewer. Maybe in the future world of that show that's a thing lol eh?

That's a good question. According to what I do know from the anime, it appears that some of the scenes like that are actually visible. I think I remember someone pointing out either flowers, feathers, or even noticing wings. I think Saki even saw Nodoka's wings manifesting and the feathers. So it's possible it is noticeable to some.

"Several girls possess supernatural powers while most of the media covering mahjong are unaware of such powers."

Only sensitive players or people who are aware of supernatural powers may be able to notice. This also includes Pro players. Interestingly enough, Pro-players have their own aura as shown by Fujita in the anime. The aura can be questionable considering Saki and Koromo's aura changed throughout the series. While Fujita's remained the same. At least this is what I believe. Someone like Nodoka, who chalks it all up as superstition and coincidence would most likely not be able to see supernatural powers, but someone like Hisa would be able to see supernatural powers.
Oct 30, 2021 5:08 PM

Feb 2014
Seriously, that was all?
Apr 3, 2022 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
Really crossing my fingers for a new season to drop.
Jun 23, 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
the stakes were low. if saki played against akagi, she would be lucky to survive intact at the loss of her fingers.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Saki:zenkoku-hen next season

roberToDH - Apr 13, 2014

30 by Toooooooooohru »»
Aug 27, 10:19 AM

» What happened after the anime? Spoil me the whole thing

netobiker - Dec 9, 2023

2 by netobiker »»
Dec 9, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

39 by Meritas »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

36 by Meritas »»
Aug 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

38 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 9:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.