Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 24, 2016 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
Wow, that Canadian skater is a little obnoxious.

Felt bad for Yurio, although I wish there could've been more characterization between him and his grandpa.
I need sleep.
Nov 24, 2016 1:51 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, many different feels, even if the episode felt a bit like a filler.

JJ is a huge NO. Poor Mamoru Miyano, they give you all the crazyass characters lol

Yuri and Victor are a stated married couple fabulous as ever, that kiss to the jury was very unexpected. Yuri, my boy, you're growing so fast <3
And yet, why isn't anyone commenting Yuri's poodle cover? I mean YOU'RE 23 AND MALE, what the hell is that cover xD Opposing feelings.

And, speaking of poodle, wtf is that thing with the poor dog, really unrequested and of bad taste. Also, the boy is competing for a super important challenge, what do you call him for and make him worried and depressed? Idk.

Yurio remains our favourite tsundere princess :D :D

Edit: The animation. They can make very well done animation on the dances but often in the normal parts (aka everything outside the dances) is, dunno, hastily made? I mean, is not that much fluid.
GiuliacciaNov 24, 2016 1:57 PM
Nov 24, 2016 2:24 PM

Nov 2010
I absolutely hated both Seung Gil and Michele. Emil seemed cute but he almost didn't appear at all and I kinda have mixed feelings for JJ as he seems like a fun character but I also wanna fight him at all costs. I prefer Chris waaaaaay more, though.

Man, I'm gonna miss Georgi. As for the episode, it was definitely less dramatic than I was expecting and I definitely missed some sort of mention of the kiss, but it was a fun, relaxed episode. That cliffhanger was pretty awkward though. Also, I desperetely need to now if Pichit will make it to the GPF.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 2:59 PM
Jan 2010
Time to serious question now. After watching episode 8, I had that weird feeling that Yuri and Viktor are showing... their gayness (or affection XD) just to make new fans and to gain popularity. What do you think? >.< I really hope I'm wrong...
Nov 24, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2015
Kamyczek12 said:
Time to serious question now. After watching episode 8, I had that weird feeling that Yuri and Viktor are showing... their gayness (or affection XD) just to make new fans and to gain popularity. What do you think? >.< I really hope I'm wrong...

Are you talking about fujoshis? Or the spectators in the anime?
I admit that the scene where Yuri pulls Victor's tie comes at the worst possible moment. :o (especially this time)
In any case the fujoshis are probably very glad.
Nov 24, 2016 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
I just watched this episode recently and I'll give my take on it for now. Yuri is coming off strong with his performances as I admire him for his courage and passion for figure skating. I do agree about JJ being over the top annoying at points though he held off well in his performance. I like Chris way better than him any day. :)

Best part was Sala as she looks very attractive while her brother, Mickey, competes in the program as well. She really looked beautiful as a figure skater.

I know that Yurio is not going to give up so easily as he was getting better at the end having his two coaches there. I do believe though that Yurio and Yuri will struggle to compete who will be the winner here at this rate. I'm worried what might happen to Yuri as it's going to become a problem, especially now that Victor decides to ask Yakov to be Yuri's coach for the time being until the situation is resolved with his dog at the vet. D:

Well, can't wait to see what happens next week!
Nov 24, 2016 6:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fucking love King JJ.

Anyway, i hope the dog doesnt die. :|
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 24, 2016 6:59 PM

Dec 2015
Heh, JJ is so obnoxious. Mamo is the perfect VA for him lol.

Calling it now Victor has a worship kink

Also SAVEMACCACHIN2K16
Nov 24, 2016 8:21 PM
Jul 2013
Frigyesur said:
Demikuzunoha said:

He didn't say that Victor will leave him. He simply said that it would be the last time he could skate the Eros program with Victor by his side.

I saw with English sub and he pretty much said that. Yurio said he'll win and bring Viktor back Russia. After that Yuri started to wonder about what Viktor'll do.
And I watched again, during his performance he was worried about being his coach.

Personally I came to conclusion: it's all about coach-student relationship. Personally. According to me. In my humble opinion.

One of the creators confirmed that Yuri and Victor kissed.

They are in a romantic relationship, Yuri was worried because Victor wouldn't be by his side anymore. They probably haven't discussed what would happen if Yuri looses since their goal is to win. Plus Yuri just gets anxious easily.
Nov 24, 2016 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
Loogs said:
I'm ambivalent towards JJ's character, but he has a great ass.

same

Not only we have all these hot 2D boys, but Sala is a pretty cute lady too
this anime has something for everyone, it's freaking genius
Nov 24, 2016 9:19 PM

May 2016
Glad to see Yuri completely nail his performance now I just need to see Makkachin make it through this :(
Nov 25, 2016 12:17 AM
May 2015
Ahh! Another awesome episode! :)

Kinda disappointed the great kiss in episode 7 was not mentioned at all, but I had a feeling that was coming. However, I can tell Yuri and Victor are becoming closer, notably when Yuri boldly pulled Victor close to him. Uhuhuh.... :3 I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the new characters coming in, but the main focus is for Yuri to win the Grand Prix and with all the competitions.. I just don't know how they can smash it all in 12 or 13 episodes, but that is why Season 2 is a must!! I really hope by the end of the anime, we see Victor and Yuri together.. Their bond is just so beautiful. And I want to see Victor favor Yuri a bit more because I feel like we don't see much scenes that clearly tell us why Victor sees Yuri as someone special to him except when Yuri surprises him when he skates.

But anyway, I really hope Makkachin does not die. How damn horrible would that be.. #PrayforMakkachin #IfMakkachinDiesWeRiot

I can't wait for the next episode.
ChaoticToadNov 25, 2016 12:45 AM
Nov 25, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2013
Welp, JJ's 113.56 just broke Yuzuru Hanyu's current short program world record of 110.95...
Nov 25, 2016 12:42 AM
May 2015
Frigyesur said:
Demikuzunoha said:

He didn't say that Victor will leave him. He simply said that it would be the last time he could skate the Eros program with Victor by his side.

I saw with English sub and he pretty much said that. Yurio said he'll win and bring Viktor back Russia. After that Yuri started to wonder about what Viktor'll do.
And I watched again, during his performance he was worried about being his coach.

Personally I came to conclusion: it's all about coach-student relationship. Personally. According to me. In my humble opinion.

Hmm, I don't know. If I imagined it and Yuri won the Grand Prix and Victor would no longer have the excuse to be his coach, would they be both satisfied? Like would they part each other with a few last heartfelt words and leave like that? Seems pretty dull to me. I think they're beyond a coach-student relationship, just maybe not beyond enough to say it's a romantic one, yet (I'm hoping).

And yes maybe in the beginning when Yuri and Yurio were fighting over Victor Yuri was concerned purely because Victor was a role model to Yuri and ya-dah ya-dah, but I think when it came to Victor telling him he'd resign as his coach in Episode 7, Yuri was upset for more reasons. Victor had already changed his life and for him to leave like that would make Yuri feel empty in my opinion. I mean, I'm pretty sure Yuri and him had already gotten used to their schedule with practicing and such. I'm gonna think safe and say maybe it's not to the extent Yuri loves him romantically, but I'm pretty sure he does in a pure way. It should be the same with Victor too..
Nov 25, 2016 12:43 AM
May 2015
suikaMUSIC said:
Welp, JJ's 113.56 just broke Yuzuru Hanyu's current short program world record of 110.95...

Wtf, JJ does not deserve that! I think he's kind of obnoxious..
Nov 25, 2016 1:20 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, all kinds of love and romance are heating up on the ring. XD
That was the usual perfect and flawless performance for Yuri no surprise there.
I love the reactions they had from Yurio, damn that is sexy LOL.
I'm looking forward to Yuri surpassing his free program.
Nov 25, 2016 1:49 AM

May 2016
I don't know why so many people liked this episode, it was definitely my least favourite so far.
The new characters are all rather boring and/or annoying to me, I actually had to fast-forward JJ's performance because I couldn't stand him.
There was barely any interaction between Yuuri and Victor and the few scenes they had together seemed like fujoshi fanservice, they gave me a very „kinky“ vibe and that's really not what I hoped this anime would be.
Putting the dog in danger in the worst possible moment is a horrible plot device and unnecessary drama for sure. It seems like a way to force interaction between Yuuri and Yurio and that's just.. really cheep.
Seeing Yurio was nice but his character is still very flat, I wish they would have shown more of his background or anything interesting at all.

I'm overall really disappointed and I won't keep watching if it continues like this :/
Nov 25, 2016 3:18 AM

Mar 2013
I cannot stand JJ. He needs to stop. Though with MM voicing, I did slightly enjoy the fact that it felt like Tsukiyama on Ice.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Nov 25, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2010
ChaoticToad said:
suikaMUSIC said:

Wtf, JJ does not deserve that! I think he's kind of obnoxious..

I agree with you -_-
I'll be really pissed off if he's gonna win
Nov 25, 2016 5:08 AM

May 2016
ChaoticToad said:
Frigyesur said:

Hmm, I don't know. If I imagined it and Yuri won the Grand Prix and Victor would no longer have the excuse to be his coach, would they be both satisfied? Like would they part each other with a few last heartfelt words and leave like that? Seems pretty dull to me. I think they're beyond a coach-student relationship, just maybe not beyond enough to say it's a romantic one, yet (I'm hoping).

And yes maybe in the beginning when Yuri and Yurio were fighting over Victor Yuri was concerned purely because Victor was a role model to Yuri and ya-dah ya-dah, but I think when it came to Victor telling him he'd resign as his coach in Episode 7, Yuri was upset for more reasons. Victor had already changed his life and for him to leave like that would make Yuri feel empty in my opinion. I mean, I'm pretty sure Yuri and him had already gotten used to their schedule with practicing and such. I'm gonna think safe and say maybe it's not to the extent Yuri loves him romantically, but I'm pretty sure he does in a pure way. It should be the same with Victor too..

I don't deny there is a strong bond between them or even love. I deny that is romantic love, romantic relationship. It's based on acknowledging skating skills and coach-student type. Perhaps Viktor just wants to bring out Yuuri's sexuality which he entirely lacks of. Like he switched the Eros and Agape themes between the two Yuri.

But as I said; argument over kiss or romance is ruining the comment section and I really don't want to contribute to it anymore. If anyone want to discuss it, at least leave me out, quoting my comments.

And to be honest: I don't care what will happen to 2 of them after the Grand Prix. Yuuri will level up to being a full-fledged rival of him (didn't he say originally something like that?) or whatever.
FrigyesurNov 25, 2016 7:52 AM
Nov 25, 2016 9:54 AM
Jan 2010
TuyNOM said:
Kamyczek12 said:

Are you talking about fujoshis? Or the spectators in the anime?
I admit that the scene where Yuri pulls Victor's tie comes at the worst possible moment. :o (especially this time)
In any case the fujoshis are probably very glad.

I'm talking about the spectators in the anime... Don't you feel like... Yuri was kinda playing his "romance with coach" just before his performance?
Nov 25, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2010
Hollweg said:
Loogs said:
I'm ambivalent towards JJ's character, but he has a great ass.

same

Not only we have all these hot 2D boys, but Sala is a pretty cute lady too
this anime has something for everyone, it's freaking genius

YOI has such pretty girls really. Sala, Mila, Anya and i'd count Minako as well. Maybe prettier than men :P
Nov 25, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2015
Kamyczek12 said:

I'm talking about the spectators in the anime... Don't you feel like... Yuri was kinda playing his "romance with coach" just before his performance?

Yuri is really trying to be provocative. It's true that nobody in the audience is surprised at their relationship. They had to get used to it. (After the famous kiss of episode 7)

Personally I hope that Yamamoto Sayo will stop a bit with the fan service or that she assumes that it's a shonen ai. (I will probably drop at this moment ...)
TuyNOMNov 25, 2016 11:55 AM
Nov 25, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2011
JJ's haughtiness was really annoying.
Yurio is back, yay! Judging by the preview his granpa's okay...???? I hope )Д⊙`)
Laughed at how much we eat piroshkis here in Russia. Lol. Although... I just ate one myself haha Also where are bears??

Makkachin, ganbare!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2015
Miyano Mamoru!!! <3
I knew that JJ is a Psycho guy as Miyano is voice acting the character :DD

and Yuri has become a badass <3 so cute <3
Ara Ara~
Nov 25, 2016 1:21 PM
May 2009
Seems a lot of people were annoyed by JJ (and I understand why) but I really liked him.
Nov 25, 2016 7:08 PM
Nov 2016
There are a bunch of people saying that there were much fewer moments that can be classes as ‘fanservice’ (though I do dislike calling it that, since it is not what it is, but for the lack of a better word, I will have to with fanservice) in this episode. That got me thinking that maybe it was a representation of the changes that have taken place in the relationship between Viktor and Yuuri.
They started off all flirty, with Viktor getting all up into Yuuri’s personal space and Yuuri seducing Viktor with his skating. But that is pretty much how all relationships begin. With two individuals dancing around each other. Till something changes.
And for Viktor and Yuuri the change was the much debated ‘kiss’ of episode 7. (Still a firm believer that it was in fact a kiss).
So the lack of Viktuuri moments in episode 8 could just be indicative of the change in Viktor and Yuuri’s relationship where seem to have reached a more comfortable dynamic. They still do flirt but it is far more toned down because their relationship has matured past that stage.
Just my thoughts though
Nov 25, 2016 7:57 PM
Jul 2013
For anyone who is still wondering about the kiss.

https://twitter.com/kubo_3260/status/798945769747120133
Basically the person says that they synchronized with another show airing on the same day where the characters experienced their first kiss. So the kiss was indirectly confirmed.

You can also clearly tell from this episode that Yuri and Victor are in love.

Also, excited for the next episode.
Nov 25, 2016 11:32 PM

May 2015
Another clutch episode. Loved all the performances. The dog better survive too dammit!!!
Nov 26, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
Nice competition this week. Yuri's performance was perfect, he was so confident :).
Too bad that the song never changes, but I like the fact that they try to be realistic.

King JJ is too strong for them >.<
Nov 26, 2016 3:47 AM

May 2016
Damn!! I feel sorry for Macachin >.< I wish that the dog will be okay T_T and I wish that it will be a fair fight for Yuri and Yurio because Yakov will be Yuri's coach. Better give your best Yuri :D
Nov 26, 2016 4:45 AM
Mar 2010
Omg! Yurio with cat ears! The next step is a Twinkle Tush. That would be a perfect troll birthday present from Victor and Yuri. :p
Nov 26, 2016 7:08 AM
Apr 2014
Yurio is gorgeous, eyes hair, attitude.

His dance and song was beautiful, out of this world. Like a swan, a dream, very ethereal.
Nov 26, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2015
keihah said:

Basically the person says that they synchronized with another show airing on the same day where the characters experienced their first kiss. So the kiss was indirectly confirmed.

Old news. This was already discussed several times.
Nov 26, 2016 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
I think Sala is the girl from Detroit!
Not Betty (of course since her name is Sala), the girl who wrote "Yuri on Ice" music, but the girl who hug Yuuri in the hospital. She was probably an ice skatter also because the accident was in the ice rink and she was there so... plus, the way Yuuri look at her, the way she looks interested by him... I will be more than surprised if Sala is not that girl!
And it would be a good thing for Yuuri because he still feels guilty about what he did at that time, so he can explain it to her. She's probably interested by him in a romantic way but I'm sure that it will only make Victor/Yuuri love even stronger and even more explicit (for the watchers who were not able to notice yet all the love between them (I know that it's mostly because of the bad english sub and all the things lost in translation (as polite form, irony...)) but just watching them together is enough to feel their love... but I have maybe too much empathy)

About Yakov. He will be Yuuri's coach for ONE day since ep9 will be Russia #6 second and last day. I think he's a good coach and I think he changed his mind (at leat a little) about Victor being a coach. Because at first (ep2) he said that Victor only think about himself so there's not way he can become a coach, second (ep6) he said he can't lose to a third rate coach (but Yuuri was better than Georgi) and third (ep7) he said "you still have a long way to do as a coach" when Yuuri consoled him.
And as a coach he should have notice how Yuuri changed from previous seasons, and it's all because of Victor (and their love of course ^_-)

About Yurio... well, I don't like him! I just want to slap his stupid face everytime he open his mouth... but he was cute with his grandfather! That grandfather everyone thought he was dead in ep3!
But I want him to lose before the final! Not only because I don't like him, but mostly because if he's already in Final in his first year as senior, his ice skater life would be boring no? Like Victor who lose his motivation because he's winning all the time, and he's 27 not 15! Plus, Yurio seems to be stronger after losing, so I want him to lose now, and comeback next year stronger (and manly of possible!) and fight against Victor and Yuuri! Because I think Victor will be back as skater next year and will fight againt Yuuri (but they will not break up of course!). They will practice together (without coach) in Hasetsu or in Saint Petersbourgh with Yakov! (so even if I don't think it's possible, we can have a second season ^o^)
And I thing Yurio think that Victor is with Yuuri only as a coach (he's not the only one here!) mostly because he still never think about love and still not notice their love (or maybe he's really in love with Victor but it's unlikely)

I also don't like JJ! not as a character, in fact he's pretty funny but I just think he don't fit "Yuri on Ice" series! He's more a showman than an ice skater, and I could even look at him in ice! He's a good skater, but all the song around make me lose my concentration and I don't look at the skating part, I hope his Free Programm will be only music (like Minami-kun)... but I hate him for ignoring Yuuri at that time... Yuuri is really too kind!

About Victor kissing Yuuri's shoes. I was thinking about what Chris said in ep6 ebout Master/Servant and also about Yuuri crying speacg (ep7) about being worried about Victor if he don't do well. But also about ep2 when Victor said he need a spell to change a piggy into a prince! It was really like Victor was near his prince, it was cute!

For the triplets, they are acting way too adult for 6 years old kids, but it's like this from the very beginning... they are the cute Cupids who bring Yuuri and Victor together!^o^

But I read here some comment about that kiss, and why nobody speak about it (in the series) so just saying, it was 3 weeks ago since it was in Beijing #3 second day and now we are in Moscow #6 first day.
And also someone saying that Yuuri's family will speak with Victor about that kiss when come back in Hasetsu for Makkachin... Seriouisly??? They are ADULTS!!! Plus, they were in Hasetsu between China and Russia...
The only thing who change with that kiss is that is more official than before (if it's possible!)! Because the other ice skaters, the journalists, Yuuri's family already knew it... they looked surprise because it was in public (and online on TV for the WHOLE world!) and during the competition... just look at Yuuri's smile, if it was his first kiss, his reaction would be different no?
So fOr the kiss, it was their first public kiss, but not their first kiss. They are together since the second part of ep4 probably from June 13 or just few days before. But I will not write more about it here. I someone want to speak about it, you can comment my profile or send private message...

The second part of ep12 will be Victor and Yuuri dancing together (of course) "Hanarezuni soba ni ite" during the exhibition after the Final before or after Victor will annonce his come back in the competition!

When I read some comments here, I think we don't even watch the same series... O_o
Nov 26, 2016 11:11 AM

May 2016
amayih said:
I think Sala is the girl from Detroit!
Not Betty (of course since her name is Sala), the girl who wrote "Yuri on Ice" music, but the girl who hug Yuuri in the hospital. She was probably an ice skatter also because the accident was in the ice rink and she was there so... plus, the way Yuuri look at her, the way she looks interested by him... I will be more than surprised if Sala is not that girl!
And it would be a good thing for Yuuri because he still feels guilty about what he did at that time, so he can explain it to her. She's probably interested by him in a romantic way but I'm sure that it will only make Victor/Yuuri love even stronger and even more explicit (for the watchers who were not able to notice yet all the love between them (I know that it's mostly because of the bad english sub and all the things lost in translation (as polite form, irony...)) but just watching them together is enough to feel their love... but I have maybe too much empathy)

About Yakov. He will be Yuuri's coach for ONE day since ep9 will be Russia #6 second and last day. I think he's a good coach and I think he changed his mind (at leat a little) about Victor being a coach. Because at first (ep2) he said that Victor only think about himself so there's not way he can become a coach, second (ep6) he said he can't lose to a third rate coach (but Yuuri was better than Georgi) and third (ep7) he said "you still have a long way to do as a coach" when Yuuri consoled him.
And as a coach he should have notice how Yuuri changed from previous seasons, and it's all because of Victor (and their love of course ^_-)

About Yurio... well, I don't like him! I just want to slap his stupid face everytime he open his mouth... but he was cute with his grandfather! That grandfather everyone thought he was dead in ep3!
But I want him to lose before the final! Not only because I don't like him, but mostly because if he's already in Final in his first year as senior, his ice skater life would be boring no? Like Victor who lose his motivation because he's winning all the time, and he's 27 not 15! Plus, Yurio seems to be stronger after losing, so I want him to lose now, and comeback next year stronger (and manly of possible!) and fight against Victor and Yuuri! Because I think Victor will be back as skater next year and will fight againt Yuuri (but they will not break up of course!). They will practice together (without coach) in Hasetsu or in Saint Petersbourgh with Yakov! (so even if I don't think it's possible, we can have a second season ^o^)
And I thing Yurio think that Victor is with Yuuri only as a coach (he's not the only one here!) mostly because he still never think about love and still not notice their love (or maybe he's really in love with Victor but it's unlikely)

I also don't like JJ! not as a character, in fact he's pretty funny but I just think he don't fit "Yuri on Ice" series! He's more a showman than an ice skater, and I could even look at him in ice! He's a good skater, but all the song around make me lose my concentration and I don't look at the skating part, I hope his Free Programm will be only music (like Minami-kun)... but I hate him for ignoring Yuuri at that time... Yuuri is really too kind!

About Victor kissing Yuuri's shoes. I was thinking about what Chris said in ep6 ebout Master/Servant and also about Yuuri crying speacg (ep7) about being worried about Victor if he don't do well. But also about ep2 when Victor said he need a spell to change a piggy into a prince! It was really like Victor was near his prince, it was cute!

For the triplets, they are acting way too adult for 6 years old kids, but it's like this from the very beginning... they are the cute Cupids who bring Yuuri and Victor together!^o^

But I read here some comment about that kiss, and why nobody speak about it (in the series) so just saying, it was 3 weeks ago since it was in Beijing #3 second day and now we are in Moscow #6 first day.
And also someone saying that Yuuri's family will speak with Victor about that kiss when come back in Hasetsu for Makkachin... Seriouisly??? They are ADULTS!!! Plus, they were in Hasetsu between China and Russia...
The only thing who change with that kiss is that is more official than before (if it's possible!)! Because the other ice skaters, the journalists, Yuuri's family already knew it... they looked surprise because it was in public (and online on TV for the WHOLE world!) and during the competition... just look at Yuuri's smile, if it was his first kiss, his reaction would be different no?
So fOr the kiss, it was their first public kiss, but not their first kiss. They are together since the second part of ep4 probably from June 13 or just few days before. But I will not write more about it here. I someone want to speak about it, you can comment my profile or send private message...

The second part of ep12 will be Victor and Yuuri dancing together (of course) "Hanarezuni soba ni ite" during the exhibition after the Final before or after Victor will annonce his come back in the competition!

When I read some comments here, I think we don't even watch the same series... O_o

Are you between the creators of the show?
Nov 26, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2013
Helenus said:
keihah said:

I know, I just wanted to clarify since there are still people who deny it.
Nov 26, 2016 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
keihah said:
Helenus said:

Well, I'm one of them. My arguments can be found in the thread of episode 7.
Nov 26, 2016 11:36 AM
Jul 2013
Helenus said:
keihah said:

Well, I'm one of them. My arguments can be found in the thread of episode 7.

Everyone has their own opinions but there are more arguments supporting the relationship then there are against it.
Nov 26, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
Pulling Victor's necktie just to whisper in his ear (iДi)

Yuri is showing us a different level of eros >///<

Nov 26, 2016 1:25 PM

Oct 2007
Frigyesur said:

??? sorry, I don't understand what you want to say...
I used "I think" all the time! I just forget one before "The second part of ep12..." but it was obvious no?
Nov 26, 2016 1:38 PM

May 2016
amayih said:
Frigyesur said:

I used "I think" all the time! I just forget one before "The second part of ep12..." but it was obvious no?

??? The past of your comment was full of statements:
e.g. "So fOr the kiss, it was their first public kiss, but not their first kiss. They are together since the second part of ep4 probably from June 13 or just few days before. But I will not write more about it here."

You wrote it like facts. Yeah, I suspected that you are not but in that case you raised in a whole new level of being delusional, wow! :) Lol.
(Even if I'll be moderated for this word. But lol.)
Nov 26, 2016 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
Frigyesur said:
amayih said:

e.g. "So fOr the kiss, it was their first public kiss, but not their first kiss. They are together since the second part of ep4 probably from June 13 or just few days before. But I will not write more about it here."

You wrote it like facts. Yeah, I suspected that you are not but in that case you raised in a whole new level of being delusional, wow! :) Lol.

You're right, I forgot an other "I think"!
That said, I sure it was a kiss (the other part is only "I think"), mostly because of the way they look at each other just after.
BUT, even if I'm sure it was a kiss, there is different kind of kiss:
- the romantic kiss "I kissed you because I love you"
- the Russian kiss (I heard Russian kiss often on the lips even same sex, and I even heard our president (the French one, don't remember which one) did it! But I'm not sure about it, and I don't know if they also heard about it in Japan.
- the "I want to surprise you more than you surprised me" kiss
- the "you're seduced me with your skatting" kiss, but that would be after Eros, so it's unlikely
The only way we have to know, if the series never bring it again, or something more obvious, is to wait for the DVD in March 2017, with MAYBE an uncensored kiss version...

Just for reference, June 13 is the day Yuuri received the music "Yuri on Ice" from Betty and jumped on Victor's bed, woke him up like it was nothing... It's hard (FOR ME) to believe he would do it if Victor were only his god or his coach...

I guess you watched the sub/dub but did you read the comment/blog about the wrong/not so good translation? (you don't have to read/believe the interpretation parts, even I don't believe in most of them)

That said, I wrote a lot about the whole episode, and you only bring back the short part about the kiss...
Nov 26, 2016 4:01 PM

May 2016
amayih said:
Frigyesur said:

You're right, I forgot an other "I think"!
That said, I sure it was a kiss (the other part is only "I think"), mostly because of the way they look at each other just after.
BUT, even if I'm sure it was a kiss, there is different kind of kiss:
- the romantic kiss "I kissed you because I love you"
- the Russian kiss (I heard Russian kiss often on the lips even same sex, and I even heard our president (the French one, don't remember which one) did it! But I'm not sure about it, and I don't know if they also heard about it in Japan.
- the "I want to surprise you more than you surprised me" kiss
- the "you're seduced me with your skatting" kiss, but that would be after Eros, so it's unlikely
The only way we have to know, if the series never bring it again, or something more obvious, is to wait for the DVD in March 2017, with MAYBE an uncensored kiss version...

Just for reference, June 13 is the day Yuuri received the music "Yuri on Ice" from Betty and jumped on Victor's bed, woke him up like it was nothing... It's hard (FOR ME) to believe he would do it if Victor were only his god or his coach...

I guess you watched the sub/dub but did you read the comment/blog about the wrong/not so good translation? (you don't have to read/believe the interpretation parts, even I don't believe in most of them)

That said, I wrote a lot about the whole episode, and you only bring back the short part about the kiss...

Okay, okay, I don't want to argue anymore. Especially the kiss thing. Not the translation/words made me doubtful.

Sorry for being offensive but if you read back, maybe you realized it too, that sounded more like facts, especially the episode 12 :) Or at least for me which made me... laugh. But perhaps I just misunderstood you.

Anyway, I take my leave from the episodes' comment-sections. Spared too much time. Think as you please, fangirls :)

PS: But Makkachin, I still root for ya', 'ship' you and Viktor 'til the end! :)
Nov 26, 2016 4:18 PM
Nov 2014
Should I ship Yuri and Victor?? I hope they get together and just end up loving each other
Nov 26, 2016 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
As much as I enjoy watching Yuri on Ice and even though "experts" and fans are calling it "one of a kind" or the "first of its kind" because obviously there aren't many Anime out there that revolves around professional figure skating, when you look at it closely, it's no different from your regular Anime with its regurgitated tropes.

You got Japanese Yuri, the hero who doesn't think he's that good but does his best. He's always in doubt. Almost every single Anime has this kind of protagonist.

You got your tsunderes, kuuderes, shoutas, gay coaches who are too touchy-feely, butt loads of fan service which the brainless masses will eat up, implied incest, etc.

What annoys me about this series is how immature they act and how "Anime/manga-ish" they act when off the ice. It's no different from how regular Anime characters act. I was hoping they would create something more realistic but we can't have our cake and eat it. To some people, characters acting like regular Anime characters such as acting like a bunch of ten-year-old girls giggling over the dumbest shit and going SD (super deformed) is a release from all the seriousness of figure skating but I don't think so. The parts when they skate are gorgeous and artistic but when it take THAT away from this series, it's just a regular boring Anime that's not innovative at all.

That part where Seung-gil turned down Sala and she was spouting crap about "not turning a lady down" I'm pretty sure that's a Japanese thing. I have friends from Italy and all over the world and turning down someone for a meal or whatever is pretty normal and I don't know why had to bring sex/gender into it. Not all countries are gender-sensitive and find it as an attack on a particular gender just because someone turned them down. I wonder if the author did her research on foreign cultures? Then again, it's supposed to be relatable to a Japanese audience. In Anime (and in some parts of Japan such as Tokyo, Osaka, etc.), it's considered to be edgy, cool and sophisticated to be able to speak some foreign words but when they mispronounce it and flaunt it, it's just cringe-worthy.

I'm sick and tired of hearing Japanese Yuri's "Yuri on Ice" theme song. His performance is the one I look forward to the least. He's just repeating the same thing over and over again. I'm glad Seung-gil is here, I want someone serious for once. The other skaters act like a bunch of fucking children and it's fucking annoying. Viktor always acts like Japanese's Yuri's wife, who's always wet and ready to get fucked from behind. There are only two things this shows succeeds in and it's the presentation of the figure skating itself and its heavy yaoi/BL overtones which makes it popular in the first place. Let's admit it, this show wouldn't be popular if fujoshis didn't hold onto that chance that the MCs would be involved in romantic (or implied romantic) situations.

Everyone's praising this for being first of its kind and whatnot but it's time to dissect it. I don't care if I get a lot of hate for this because I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same way.
臭い-
Nov 27, 2016 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
this keeps getting cheesier and idk how i feel about it
Nov 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2016
I can't stop feeling like this show is way too fast paced.I mean I can understand and appreciate the fact that they want to focus on performances more but everything else just feels like a big rushed generic mess.I can't get attached to the charatcers no matter how hard I try.

At this point I can't help myself but root for Yurio only.I know he isn't the most original character but I just like him.I liked his performence just wish he could overcome his complex already but considering he's only 15 I can just accept it.

Also I don't like JJ at all.Props to his performance as it was awesome but his personality is beyond awful and poorly written.I can accept arrogance in a character but his was way too exaggerated to the point makes him legit unlikeable.Anyways an OK episode.
Nov 27, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Outside of a couple of weird animation choices. It was pretty fun. Also I'm so happy to be caught up finally. This show is pretty cool. Granted they have been reusing some footage and the crowd shots are just stills.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 27, 2016 9:47 PM

Oct 2008
JJ style is superior!
That dog who got choke and probably on hospital I mean vet was a cockblocker!
5/5.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.