Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 23, 2016 10:53 PM

Aug 2016
I'm so sad after watching this episode.
I don't know what bummed me out more - my sweet and vulnerable baby Yurio's Grandpa not showing up for his performance (in his HOME COUNTRY, at that!), or Maccachin's life being in danger..

Between that, the fact that Victor has to leave before Yuuri's second performance, the focus on the other skaters and their unsettling personalities [Mr. Xenophobic-grumpy-gus, Mr. Narcissism-that-rivals-Giacometti's (which I didn't even think was possible, and also I'm slightly ashamed to share a country with him), and Mr. Unhealthy-relationship-with-sister], the scarcity of Yuuri & Victor scenes, and the distinct lack of gay in this episode.. it left me feeling all morose and dissatisfied.
When it was over, I was actually shocked that it was over.. it felt like there should be more.. because it was the worst possible moment to end an episode.. but then the credits rolled, and I sat there stunned and disappointed for a moment before yelling, "NO FREAKING WAY!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! IT CAN'T BE OVER YET!!" at the computer.
The ending song is way too upbeat for the news we just received.

The few stand-out moments for me in this episode were Yurio's moments early on (especially his insanely adorable reaction to seeing his grandpa - he clearly adores that man), Victor's adorable wave laugh and heart-smile combo, and Yuuri's tie-pull.

But aside from that.. yeah.. *sighs* My poor babies.
I need some white chocolate. And a hug.

Maccachin better not die, Yurio's Grandpa better explain why the hell he stood him up, and Yuuri & Victor better have a tender moment in the next episode..
I'll be very impatiently waiting for next week's episode. 7 days is too long. TOO LONG.
SangcataNov 23, 2016 11:01 PM
Nov 23, 2016 10:58 PM

Feb 2015
Very interesting episode taking in count that this is a competition and all they want to defeat the others. For Yuri the 2nd place is veeery good and let see what happen in the other part. Yuri's performance of eros is still incredible, Yurio's agape is good but I prefer our dear Yuri, also the other competitors have the skills to get the places. This is getting very good.
Nov 23, 2016 11:00 PM

Jun 2016
Like a lot of people I wish there had been a bit more fanservice in this episode, but I also understand that we need a little interlude. We can't keep topping every episode fan service-wise all the way to the end without it getting completely ridiculous. I wasn't a fan of any of the new skaters. I like the China cup set and their performances better. I am definitely not a fan of JJ. I did like how they made Yurio a little more relatable. I actually felt a little sorry for him since his Granpa didn't come to see him skate. I haven't really cared for him up to this point but they made him a little more vulnerable in this episode. Hope nothing happens to Maccachin but I don't see it as a terrible plot point. It's a way for Yuri to support Victor therefore balancing their relationship and a way for him to be able to symbolically right what he perceives as a wrong when he wasn't there for his dog. I just don't know how Yuri is going to skate without Victor. Waiting a week to see how this turns out is going to be torture.
AuroneNov 23, 2016 11:07 PM
Nov 23, 2016 11:26 PM
Jan 2011
Yuri on Ice sure knows how to pick them. Between Christophe Giacometti and Jean Jack Leroy they will give me early brain aneurysms. One guy who is in love with himself as to have a privately public orgasm while performing, and another guy who literally wrote a tribute to himself crowning himself king. As a fellow Canadian I want to disown him as my countryman.
Nov 23, 2016 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
- Makkachin getting sick broke my heart. I lost my cat at spring, still makes me teary-eyed/cry everytime I remember it.. like now so.. there is no way Victor can stay with Yuri, he has to go to his dog.
- In other hand I kinda look forward seeing Yuri skate without Victor. He has to find that strength within himself now.
- I liked small Viktuuri moments there were in this ep, I felt like it was natural progression after the kiss. They seem natural around each other and like they are in same page now.
- Yurio's Agape was lackluster cause anime kinda played it like it was going to be awesome performance and there hasn't still been one with Yurio so I was looking forward to it- and then he pretty much repeated his performance against Yuri way back- didn't interpret the emotion etc. Maybe he did even worse falling down at jump.
- I was annoyed with whole incest brother, it was overboard. Hopefully it resolves in next ep of his sister putting stop of that.
- I have no idea if I dislike JJ or not. I tend to like overconfident, bit narcissistic characters, but he was bit too much :P
- I was really looking forwards Emil performance, the music, his outfit and how it started looked so good and then they didn't show his! Hopefully he has more screentime with his free program.
- I was bit bored with korean skater, Seungil was it. Somehow he seems to have lot of fans, but meh.

Overall I enjoyed the episode, but it was bit lacking compared to emotional overload that EP7 was. I guess that's cause Viktor's and Yuri's relationship took big steps forward in EP7 and this one there wasn't so much moments between them and no conflict to be solved.
Nov 23, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2013
Don't know much about figure skating but watching Yuri's same performance again and again is boring.
Nov 23, 2016 11:58 PM
Jun 2008
Everyone wants to know why they didn't talk about the kiss. This is sports anime, not a romance. They just happen to be in a relationship. Also what is there to talk about? The kiss was a big surprise to us, but the characters didn't make a big deal out of it, so I don't see why they would talk about it.
Nov 24, 2016 12:00 AM

Dec 2012
All the competitors showing off what their made off.

Loving JJ. So energetic & nice song to get the audience clapping along.
"It's JJ Style!"

Yuri's got the Sex appeal down.
Sad that his dog is not feeling well.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 24, 2016 12:07 AM

Nov 2013
damn! this anime is just too fast-paced! I fear the day when we get to episode 12.

Also, Makacchin will not die.
DenzRuiNov 24, 2016 12:13 AM
Nov 24, 2016 12:28 AM
Aug 2016
From my understanding Yuri is try not to make Victor feel the same grief and guilt Yuri felt when Yuri's dog Victor died and Yuri never got to see his last days because Yuri was at a skating comp
Nov 24, 2016 12:39 AM
May 2015
Everyone is reading narcissism into JJ kissing the ice but that's not it. Kissing the ice is more a sign on respect to the sport.

I didn't like him as much as I wanted to. All the new skaters were meh.

But Yeah,I do feel like there's something off about JJ. He's giving me vibes and not the good kind (And I'm Mamoru Miyano Trash)
Nov 24, 2016 1:16 AM
Oct 2016
THE SUSPENSE.

One of my favourite episodes so far!
Nov 24, 2016 1:45 AM

Sep 2010
Sangcata said:
I'm so sad after watching this episode.
I don't know what bummed me out more - my sweet and vulnerable baby Yurio's Grandpa not showing up for his performance (in his HOME COUNTRY, at that!), or Maccachin's life being in danger..

Between that, the fact that Victor has to leave before Yuuri's second performance, the focus on the other skaters and their unsettling personalities [Mr. Xenophobic-grumpy-gus, Mr. Narcissism-that-rivals-Giacometti's (which I didn't even think was possible, and also I'm slightly ashamed to share a country with him), and Mr. Unhealthy-relationship-with-sister], the scarcity of Yuuri & Victor scenes, and the distinct lack of gay in this episode.. it left me feeling all morose and dissatisfied.

I know right! Not enough victorxyuri moments! And poor Yurio and poor Maccachin!

And yeah…how can someone rival with Giacometti on that field? But have to say, Chris was funny, weird (pervy) in a good way and I kinda liked him. JJ is another story though. He's just annoying and the only thing I like about hime is his voice
Nov 24, 2016 1:46 AM
May 2015
Okay so this episode has been in my mind all day long and I'm vomitting theories. No amount of VictUuri can drown out the unease I'm feeling.

I'm worried as eff for Makkachin. But now I'm wondering about Yurio's Grandad.

Here's a little theory I devised about Yuri and Agape:

http://frostflames.tumblr.com/post/153577313915/what-if
Nov 24, 2016 2:19 AM

Mar 2012
Not a fan of this JJ guy, he's too full of himself.
Yurio is 10 times cuter when he's with his grandpa! I love him so much. (He kept the cat ears!)

The scene at the end ruined me, I was not expecting that. Victor's pained look when he asked Yakov to be Yuuri's coach broke my heart. I'm not sure if I'm ready to see Victor in such situations. I'm very concerned about next week. I really hope Makkachin will be okay.
MewraNov 24, 2016 2:23 AM
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Nov 24, 2016 2:20 AM
Apr 2016
This episode wasn't as conventionally exciting as the previous one, but I still felt like it was enjoyable nonetheless.

We got a new bunch of interesting characters again, which was great. The comfortable interaction between Yuri and Victor was nice even though it wasn't fanservice-y (which I really liked!!! -- I feel like cutting out the fanservice every once in awhile, you really get to see how natural and normal their relationship is and I love it). And his air kiss!!!11!1 Was nice to see Yurio again too; they opened up questions about his grandpa and Agape, I hope they explain his disappearance next ep. Exciting to look into Yurio's life and feelings more, I keep feeling like he's trying to block something off. Makkachin falling sick's not a bad twist to add though really choking on buns (hA) sounds kinda lame I mean there's so many other reasons a dog could be on the brink of death and u had to go with the buns???

Overall I really did quite like this episode. Can't wait to see everyone's free programme hehe
Nov 24, 2016 2:32 AM
Apr 2016
Yuri's birthday is approaching!!

[Topic] Yuri on Ice Character Data
http://otakucalendarjapan.com/?p=15895
Nov 24, 2016 3:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The song of the GOAT!

Nov 24, 2016 3:19 AM

Nov 2010

This is all I could think about while watching Yurio skate
xD
Nov 24, 2016 3:23 AM
May 2012
CarrotSaysYum said:
Felt the episode was a little flat compared to the last couple, but luckily I decided to rewatch it because I picked up more things the second time through and it improved my overall opinion.

I'm glad we got to see a bit of Yurio and his grandpa outside of flashbacks. We know his grandpa is obviously very important to him and at first I was a little confused as to why Yurio's performance fell when he did Agape. I mean, he got a second in the first part of his competition, so I thought it was odd that he was once again letting the absence of his grandpa get to him. Realised the second time through that they are in Russia and that's likely the entire point: unlike Japan and the first comp there is NO real reason why his grandpa shouldn't be there, especially when he picked him up from the airport and knows Yurio's competing. I hope there's a reason given for his absence.

I didn't like JJ at first glance, but he grew on me. Guess I'm just happy to see a Canadian who isn't stereotypically too kind and apologetic. Plus, the guy's from a skating family - world champion ice dancing parents and siblings in the juniors, so I guess (alongside the fact that he had a pretty kickin' routine) that he gets to be a little cocky.

Not a fan of Mickey, even though I adore Maeno as a VA. His sister complex creeps me out a bit, but I felt the same about Georgi's weird obsession with his ex and then the episode after had her do that awesome live rejection and made sure the whole thing was seen as inappropriate, so I hope the next episode has Sala doing the same like she started to in this episode.

And of course Victor and Yuri. Man, they were so domestic this episode it was funny. I was kind of hoping they would address the kiss in the last episode, but this is a sports series first and foremost, so the skating must continue. The ease in which they interacted in this episode and Yuri throwing that kiss (I assume to Victor) at the start of Eros makes me think though that there's no tension between them. They seemed so happy together this episode and I was really glad they instead focused on the two supporting Yurio.

As for the Makkachin drama, I think I'm going to have to wait and see how they play their cards next episode. If this is just a cheap insert to get Victor out of the picture I will be a little miffed, but I also think it has the potential to be much more. Hopefully we get a glimpse at Victor's past and why Makkachin seems to be his only close friend/family member when he's so big and adored in Russia. I find it odd that he hasn't been seen with any other big supports in his life, so this could be a good way to explore that. Even more so if Makkachin does pass away and Victor sees that Yuri (and Yuri's family/friends too) is there for him. A great contrast would be if Makkachin doesn't make it and Victor goes to watch Yuri's performance on TV and witnesses Yuri standing up for him in front of Yakov (who I am convinced will spend every minute of his screen-time next episode dissing Victor left and right to Yuri's face regardless of if he agrees to Victor's request). Alas, we'll see.

In terms of comments I've seen as to why the people in Russia (and people in general) are just overlooking the events of the last episode and Victor and Yuri's closeness in this episode, I kind of think that's the entire point of this series. This a sports anime, not one trying to make a big statement about homophobia in real life. I have a feeling the reason the anime skims any criticism that Victor and Yuri might get and has everyone acting completely normal around them and their relationship is because that's what the writers want us to see and reflect. Nobody in the show makes any comments because they shouldn't need to. The two are very likely gay and in a relationship. Who cares? <- I think that's what the writers are trying to portray. This nice world where nobody cares because there's nothing to get all upset about: they're just two people who love each other.

All in all, this seems like a light/meh-ish episode compared to all of the others, yet I felt the same about episode 4 right after the first Eros performance but that turned out to just be a nice episode before things got more intense. I hope this is the same and we'll see a similar build-up through each remaining episode until the Grand Prix finale and what I am willing to bet a lot of money on will be a pair skate between Victor and Yuri.

Yeah, I compared this episode with the four too. Hopefully the creators will choose the right cards and make the next episode as great as this anime deserves
Nov 24, 2016 3:26 AM

Aug 2016
This episode was a weak/normal one.
Not much fanservice except for that fan throwing a cat ears headband. I SCREAMED SO HARD and the preview barely showed any info that will happen on the next episode. So frustrating.

Anyway, Mamo's character is so like him i love it

oh and
Nov 24, 2016 3:30 AM

Jan 2016
So happy that we finally had an episode with Yurio back! But I need more, I felt like we about to get more character development, but then the dog issue came. Still hope the dog is okay, but still was some Yurio though!

Nov 24, 2016 3:55 AM

Jun 2013
a good episode as usual
Nov 24, 2016 4:07 AM
May 2010
GangsterCat said:
lezerman said:

Maybe because it's Ice Skating?, like gymnastics and those type of sports there is no sense in changing music/choreography when you are performing it for only a few months.
so, yuri will play eros and yuri on ice for the rest of the series? that's sooooooo boring. more variation pls.

That would be too inauthentic imo. It also gives the animators a chance to demonstrate the characters' evolution; personally I love comparing how Yuuri grows in the different skates of each program, but each to their own. You get more blatant variation from seeing the new characters' programs, but I'm interested how Yuuri and Yurio perform the same programs over the season.
Nov 24, 2016 4:11 AM

Mar 2015
King JJ is awesome. And I'm happy we finally got to see the korean skater ^^

And noo Makkachin :( I didn't come here to feel T_T
Nov 24, 2016 4:37 AM
May 2010
mpdissonance said:
JJ's arrogant af, not a fan.

Yurio's acting like a fifteen year old would act in that situation, but I'm glad we finally got to see a non angry/angsty human side to him with his grandpa.

Really disappointed with how they didn't follow up with Yuri/Viktor's relationship in this episode, but I guess the focal point of the series has always been the skating so it's understandable.

Also, anyone find it odd that if Viktor and Yuri are really developing a relationship to the point that they're quasi-kissing at public events there's no public outcry from Viktor's homeland, which is notoriously homophobic? Might be something too dark for the tone they're trying to strike in this anime and take away from the focus on the skating, but it would be an interesting angle that they've thus far ignored.

Yet more of the everlasting, overdone Tragic/Sad Queer trope? No thank you. Instead we have two queer main characters in a happy fulfilling same-sex relationship (no problematic yaoi/BL relationship) that is evolving beautifully, which is really, really, really, really rare.

For me, Yuuri being Mr. Jealous and then being inspired to skate a "Big Fuck You to Russia He's Mine", followed by Viktor putting on Yuuri's skates and then later kissing his skate was = HI WE'RE TOTALLY MARRIED PARTNERS NOW
We finish up with Yuuri having the strength to tell Viktor to go off and do what's necessary is yet another sign of growth in their relationship. Again: showing the evolution of their relationship as, yes, a romantic couple. Remember that Mitsurō Kubo has said she wanted a normalized and healthy relationship and she's delivering. Too often same-sex and other queer couples are reduced to sex and their orientation, so it's refreshing that it's not done here. It's a character-driven sports anime that features a slow-burn incidental but undeniable queer romance. Incidental means it won't be the main focus; YOI isn't a yaoi/BL or a het rom-com). But the romance is very much there and growing and we will continue to see it gradually evolve.
Nov 24, 2016 4:42 AM
Jan 2014
I hope Phichit makes it to Grand Prix Final. His expression checking the result was priceless XD
Yuratchka looked like a soggy chicken noodle when skating.
also
#prayformaccachin
Nov 24, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2012
I swear if they're gonna kill yet another dog I'm gonna kill a man myself. There has to be a petition to stop the deaths of dogs in anime. Why not kill your precious cats instead, dogs deserve better.
Ahh I liked that italian girl so much, I wanna see more of her.
It kinda bugs me when they keep reusing some scenes, like Yuri's erotic scene,I've probably seen it 5 times already. I like Eros overall but I find it lazy for those in charge when they recycle every scene over and over
Nov 24, 2016 5:57 AM

Jan 2012
Yuuri totally pissed off face and pulling Victor's tie was gold xD

I'm surprised that so many are disappointed they didn't discuss that kiss this episode... I really don't think it was very likely anyway. This is still after all a sport anime huh.

Not a fan of JJ either... he's way too full of himself but he's actually pretty fun outside of the rink?
I miss Georgi and his overdramatic performances...
Nov 24, 2016 7:05 AM

Jul 2009
Lol, my reaction to the last scene was exactly the same as Yuris', to the letter. I hope Yakov will agree to Victor's request, I really want to see Yuri and Yurio together more.
Nov 24, 2016 7:10 AM

Jun 2016
TaryTrayTwins412 said:
missimperfect said:

Within a competition, figure skaters skate the same SP+FP throughout the competition, trying to refine it to near-perfection.

So I did a little calculating and for Phichit to advance to the Finals, he will need at least one of the top rankers (Yuri, Yurio, Seung-Gil) to place either 4th, 5th or 6th (JJ has to place 5th or lower since if he gets 4th and brings his total to 24 points, he will probably beat Phichit in total Program scores). So that way, even if they tie at 24 GP points, Phichit gets "priority" because he has a gold medal.

I have a doubt: I know that they perform the same song+choreography, but is my idea or they can change/improve the jumps/pirouettes?
Quién dijo que todo está perdido, yo vengo a ofrecer mi corazón...
Nov 24, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2014
Loved it! Can't wait for the next episode!!
Nov 24, 2016 7:58 AM

Jun 2016
Didn't know PEWDIEPIE WAS a SKATER xD hahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 8:18 AM

Jun 2014
Yuuri vs Viktor, possible second season material? I like how they tease us a bit, actually.
I really loved how they reacted to Yuri in Agape's costume. Also, he looked so feminine right there, not to mention how beautiful he was, probably more than me, lol. I'm not trying to compliment myself, I mean, he didn't look handsome then, he was just beautiful. He would easily win with so many girls if we talk about looks (me including, I think), that it's almost scary... No, actually, ✨it's amazing✨
But what I loved even more is how mature Viktor and Yuuri act. I love how Yuuri is not affected at all by Yuri's attitude towards him, he's not angry, he's not depressed, he smiles like he's getting none of that in a positive(friendly?) way, and he likes Yuri despite all that, even their interactions with each other. I love how both him and Victor was reacting to Yuuri's anger like they don't even see it. I also like how non-confrontational they are, don't blow the topic like some shoujo story teenagers, how there is no shoujo drama between Yuri and Viktor, how chill their relationship is, how mature it is.

However, I didn't really like the skate kiss scene. Maybe because it was at kiss-and-cry's, openly before cameras, medias, reporters and such, and I've got a feeling like it was kinda a show-off. No, don't put any scene analysis on me here, I've already read some, under-episode comments have plenty of that. That's just a feeling I've got, like it was too much.

I could add some more things but let's just stop at this for now.
BTW, I was quite surprised it didn't out-gay the previous episode, just how the show was constantly doing till now, lol
CeriesyNov 24, 2016 8:22 AM
Nov 24, 2016 8:22 AM

May 2016
I'm with those who think the same production Yuuri is starting to get boring. I don't know anything about ice skating but changes would be refreshing. (Although the initial accords of Eros rock.) That's why most of the other productions left bigger impression (at least on me). I don't feel he is the best :S
Plus the ones who don't skate for impressing a specific person but have very own reasons are far more interesting. Or like Georgi who put his broken heart to it.
The more types of characters and styles added spice.

But poor Yurio, the cat-ears, he can't leave behind his cuteness :D JJ, you're such a bully :)))
(Just in brackets: I don't mind his kiss to the ice. Do what you do with passion.)
Makkachin, hang in there!

(PS: If Yuuri&Viktor' relationship was beyond coach-student relationship, Yuuri probably wouldn't worry he'll be left behind after his loss. I'm more and more sure that it is not beyond admiring.
(Btw why is so frequent siscon in animes? Compare to Western movies they appear much more.))
FrigyesurNov 24, 2016 8:45 AM
Nov 24, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2016
KashiBien said:
I found this weeks episode rather weak. Especially the end. The dog choking on buns...I don't know, but it feels rather cheap. Flying to Japan won't help the dog, considering it will take like 10hrs at least plus booking time, getting to the airport and later on getting to Kyushu. Normally the dog would be either perfectly fine or dead.
Also Viktors reaction seemed to be...more annoyed than worried.
Asking Yakov to be his stand in...sorry, but that is really unnecessary.

JJ was even more annoying than Chris and the Korean guy is like the unfriendliest parrot I've ever seen.

I fear for the next episode.

Dogs are men' best friends. How low doesn't want to be next them.
"would be fine or dead" ... :x
FrigyesurNov 24, 2016 8:46 AM
Nov 24, 2016 8:38 AM

Jan 2013
Yuri is in the second place right now? What is going on?
Anyway, congrats JJ. Finally someone who is better than Yuri, lol. It was so annoiyng when he was 1st again again and again.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 24, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
JJ is mai waifu

PROTECT MACCACHIN 2K16
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 24, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
I was disappointed at the lack of Victuri this episode, but I guess it needed to happen. Perhaps they want to build up that relationship dynamic again in time for the finals.
So we are all on the edge of our seats fangirling xD?

Anyway, I actually think Victor leaving will further the character development of Yuri, he had his break down about his anxiety of reflecting badly on Victor last episode, that was resolved. This is almost the next step. Has Victor given Yuri enough support so that he can spread his wings and fly on his own? He realizes now he has the full the support of Victor and he can do this.
Also I think it will help with the relationship between Victor x Yuri, the fact that Yuri was so insistent for Victor to fly back to Japan for Maccachin, despite Victor wanting to stay for Yuri. I think it shows that both parties care for each other.

This episode was a little slow for me. The new characters made it interesting though, most I disliked though.
Apart from Sila *throws glitter*.

Hope Maccachin is okay and I'm awaiting a hopefully epic Victuri reunion scene xD
Nov 24, 2016 9:01 AM
Oct 2016
People may be disappointed no one mentioned the kiss, but sending Victor back to Japan may be leading to it. It gives Yuri's family and friends - I'm counting on his mom, sister or Yuuko - having a nice little chat with Victor about it. Hopefully after good news about Maccachin.
Nov 24, 2016 9:03 AM

May 2016
Helenus said:
Well, it was predictable that they wouldn't mention the 'kiss' again.

I'm curious if this will ever brought up again.

I doubt. I doubt they will bring up. And doubt it was a kiss after the fact they didn't mention or didn't change anything
I don't care anymore there is a BL between them or e.g. Viktor was originally a girl but underwent sex reassignment surgery and Yuuri born as intersexual which makes impossible to describe this mess, just clear up the highly debated "kiss" to let me move on this question :@ :DDD

Between the Japanese's stories one of the most annoying traits: they love the open endings, questions ...
Nov 24, 2016 9:06 AM
Aug 2012
I think the theme for this episode is dependency?
Like the sister complex skater and Yurio 's worry when his Grandpa isn't here.
Both of them can't work things out without emotion dependence to others.
And we have JJ,the brimming confidence skater that show contrast of the two.

So Yuri has to overcome the obstacle of dependence to Viktor (Like he need Viktor at the match to skate good) .
Viktor must leave for a while to prove that he isn't depend on Viktor but grow with Viktor's Love? XD
If Yuri still can't skate well when Viktor isn't there,then it is just emotion depend,not love~?
Nov 24, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2010
Frigyesur said:
Helenus said:
Well, it was predictable that they wouldn't mention the 'kiss' again.

I'm curious if this will ever brought up again.

I doubt. I doubt they will bring up. And doubt it was a kiss after the fact they didn't mention or didn't change anything
I don't care anymore there is a BL between them or e.g. Viktor was originally a girl but underwent sex reassignment surgery and Yuuri born as intersexual which makes impossible to describe this mess, just clear up the highly debated "kiss" to let me move on this question :@ :DDD

Between the Japanese's stories one of the most annoying traits: they love the open endings, questions ...

Plenty changed between them, though. If you look at how they interact, they seem much more comfortable with each other, more casual. Yuuri used to blush heavily at the slightest hint of touch and suddenly he's totally okay with Victor kissing his skate. Visibly pleased, but not flustered. Almost like something happened to make him not nervous about it anymore.

And don't forget that the episode started from Yurio's POV. Who says they didn't discuss what happened off camera? Now this would be a cop-out if this was a romance series, but don't forget that it's still a sports anime. The focus is on skating, so it's entirely possible for them to save further romantic development for later.

But hey, that's just the way I see it. It's entirely possible I'm just being delusional because I like those two together way too much to be objective, haha.
Nov 24, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2016
Frigyesur said:
PS: If Yuuri&Viktor' relationship was beyond coach-student relationship, Yuuri probably wouldn't worry he'll be left behind after his loss. I'm more and more sure that it is not beyond admiring.

He didn't say that Victor will leave him. He simply said that it would be the last time he could skate the Eros program with Victor by his side.
Nov 24, 2016 9:41 AM

May 2016
Ishikatsu said:
Frigyesur said:

Plenty changed between them, though. If you look at how they interact, they seem much more comfortable with each other, more casual. Yuuri used to blush heavily at the slightest hint of touch and suddenly he's totally okay with Victor kissing his skate. Visibly pleased, but not flustered. Almost like something happened to make him not nervous about it anymore.

And don't forget that the episode started from Yurio's POV. Who says they didn't discuss what happened off camera? Now this would be a cop-out if this was a romance series, but don't forget that it's still a sports anime. The focus is on skating, so it's entirely possible for them to save further romantic development for later.

But hey, that's just the way I see it. It's entirely possible I'm just being delusional because I like those two together way too much to be objective, haha.

When I wrote changes, I meant

Right now Viktor acts on his very own accord as usual and Yuuri isn't surprised about it anymore :D

But you know, the story about what they show us. Everything they leave out, it lead to our own YoI and I quite dislike this option in any series :))

Okay, I appreciate you admitted you are biased and that's all, so we can communicate in normal tone instead of stfu-style :)))
Nov 24, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2016
-7 if the dog dies...
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 24, 2016 9:49 AM

Mar 2010
Frigyesur said:

Right now Viktor acts on his very own accord as usual and Yuuri isn't surprised about it anymore :D

But you know, the story about what they show us. Everything they leave out, it lead to our own YoI and I quite dislike this option in any series :))

Okay, I appreciate you admitted you are biased and that's all, so we can communicate in normal tone instead of stfu-style :)))

I get what you mean, I'm a bit annoyed about the ambiguity as well, but honestly, it's just episode 8. At this point, it's a bit too early to complain about it since I imagine that they want to save the biggest emotional impact for the last episodes. And if absolutely nothing happens in the end, well, then I will admit I was wrong, but until then, I'll keep on interpreting it the way I currently do, haha.

Yeah, no problem, I'm also glad for the civil discussion :) People do get a little too passionate about their anime sometimes.
Nov 24, 2016 9:50 AM

May 2016
Demikuzunoha said:
Frigyesur said:
PS: If Yuuri&Viktor' relationship was beyond coach-student relationship, Yuuri probably wouldn't worry he'll be left behind after his loss. I'm more and more sure that it is not beyond admiring.

He didn't say that Victor will leave him. He simply said that it would be the last time he could skate the Eros program with Victor by his side.

I saw with English sub and he pretty much said that. Yurio said he'll win and bring Viktor back Russia. After that Yuri started to wonder about what Viktor'll do.
And I watched again, during his performance he was worried about being his coach.

Personally I came to conclusion: it's all about coach-student relationship. Personally. According to me. In my humble opinion.
Nov 24, 2016 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Always glad to see Yuri skating Eros.

We are not done of the suspected kiss yet and now we will have people talking about his sister lover. Unbelievable.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 24, 2016 9:58 AM

May 2016
Ishikatsu said:
Frigyesur said:

I get what you mean, I'm a bit annoyed about the ambiguity as well, but honestly, it's just episode 8. At this point, it's a bit too early to complain about it since I imagine that they want to save the biggest emotional impact for the last episodes. And if absolutely nothing happens in the end, well, then I will admit I was wrong, but until then, I'll keep on interpreting it the way I currently do, haha.

Yeah, no problem, I'm also glad for the civil discussion :) People do get a little too passionate about their anime sometimes.

Hehe, maybe, that's their intention but I STRONGLY recommend the creators to come a conclusion in the end at least, no matter what it will be :x
:D

Yeah, I saw it here very intensively what a ship means to some people, more than anywhere until now :O :D
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.