Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Mar 19, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, I like that Yuri managed to pull himself together by cyrying his eyes out to Victor, something he couldn't do before with anyone else. (At least not before his turn to shine on the ice)

Kiss kinda surprised me but felt genuine.

Orikasa_Momiji said:
BTW, if there’re enough rotations, the score will still be high even if you fall?

Just looked up the points system they use for Ice Skating.
Apparently falling down only makes you lose a few points, 1 point for the first and second fall, 2 points for third and fourth etc.

It's all about the difficulty level, the transitions, the timing with the music and loads more.
Mar 19, 2017 11:23 PM

Sep 2016
PrOxAnto said:

Orikasa_Momiji said:
BTW, if there’re enough rotations, the score will still be high even if you fall?

Just looked up the points system they use for Ice Skating.
Apparently falling down only makes you lose a few points, 1 point for the first and second fall, 2 points for third and fourth etc.

It's all about the difficulty level, the transitions, the timing with the music and loads more.

Thanks for the info. I don't quite know the points system of ice skating even in reality. Just feel like the artistry takes important part.
Mar 21, 2017 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Just got back into regularized watching after a long dryish spell and this was a nice push back into YoI, had to recap the last few eps before this, but I'm glad to finally be watching again!

Glad to see Georgi's makeup isn't as emo this time around.

Relative to most M/M relationships in anime, they at least decided to make the foray into this rather concealed "kiss" scene between Vic/Yuuri a lot more subtle than a looot of shitty technical BL titles do, which is a plus? Moreover, it doesn't entirely detract from the skating, sports aspect of the show either. I appreciate that a little too. Will have to see how it pans out over the course of the next few eps though.
Apr 7, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2013
Um.... so we're calling that a kiss? lolol. Looked like a fake out to me but aight hahahaha idc either way :P
May 6, 2017 9:39 AM

Oct 2013
Ahh..watching this makes me remember when I was watching Evgeni Plushenko and his beautiful figure skating...Music in the anime is just wonderful! And that "hidden" kiss was entertaining :)
May 20, 2017 2:28 AM

Dec 2014
It's hard for me to ignore the yaoi content since I dislike it, but other than that, this episode was beautiful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 2:47 PM

May 2010
I can skip anyone else but Godamn I just can't skip Yuuri's performances asdfghjkl. amazing. that hug was amazing too. 11/10
Apr 12, 2018 5:40 PM
Jun 2017
That was definitely a kiss. ;)
Jan 12, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad that Yuri didn't win. It'd be naive (another "he won because he is the protagonist" theme).

About free programs, I think Phichit, Yuri and Christophe totally owned the rink. Georgy could join them if not many mistakes he commited due to discraction he felt after seeing his ex-girlfriend. Guang-Hong had a fine performance. Leo was devoured by emotions and stress, I guess. Too bad we didn't see his full performance.

I'm glad everything ended like: 1. Phichit 2. Yuri 3. Christophe. Fully deserved positions.

That kiss in the end was not that much unexpected, but... still, I didn't expect it to happen that early. :D Awesome moment.
Feb 27, 2019 3:18 AM

Aug 2017
I'm sad that this episode is just popular by the supposed kiss scene. There are more important things in this episode.
NurguburuFeb 27, 2019 3:24 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 10, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
I'm having a hard time vibing with the other ice skaters this episode, but I still love Yuri and Victor as characters. Their shared moment at the end was very sweet, but I'm honestly doubting whether they actually kissed? They hardly showed it lol
Sep 8, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2018
Long hair Victor = beautiful
Short hair = handsome !! ❤
Yuri cry makes me cry toooo huhuhuhuhu

Georgi and Christophe performance is annoying for me lol

I love Yuri's performance here!!! He's so cool!
Kyahhhhhhhh! I thought they will kiss!!!!!
Apr 14, 2020 12:46 AM

Mar 2019
I'm surprised that Yuri did not win in the end. Victor cheering him up and that kiss at the end was beautiful I really like this show.
Jun 3, 2020 10:55 PM
May 2020
Am I the only one who thought that the skating was on a whole other level than the last episode? Not just with Yuri, but with everyone. They all brought their A-Game, that's for sure!!!

I also LOVED the ending!!!! With the kiss! Wasn't expecting it so soon. I knew that Victor and Yuri kissed, but I always thought it was at the very end. I was wrong, and I'm not upset!!!

Loved all the skaters, Chris makes me feel a little uncomfortable, but his routines always make me bust out laughing. So that's a bonus, I guess.
Jun 14, 2020 3:23 PM
Dec 2019
The episode was effortlessly beautiful from Yuki being afraid that he would let down Victor. Then to Victor attempting to help him but really just became a moment for Yuki to vent out his fears of embarrassing Yuki. After all of that it ultimately relaxed him and made him test his own limits. And Holy Shit did they kiss omg 😳😳😳
Oct 22, 2020 5:18 AM

Jun 2020
AMAZING episode

this scene was really great uwu i wanted to wipe away yuuri's tears. putting aside all the romance/gay undertones, their relationship as coach and student is really very special & unique, warms my heart! i love what they have.

phichit is so cute! and yuuri's FS was the most expressive it has been, it was emotional even - they animated it well! i wasn't convinced previously on how great a figure skater he was, but that performance was really great, i was really drawn in!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 27, 2021 10:17 AM

Jul 2019
These last two episodes were Gold
Feb 22, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
One thing for sure, they didn't kiss.

But awesome episode xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2021 11:07 AM
Dec 2020
Historians will say they were best friends.
Aug 2, 2021 5:41 PM
Sep 2018
a lot of emotions in this episode. Yuri's performances always impress me. I'm not a fan of yaoi but the kiss was still in a really nice scene so it was cool.
Oct 4, 2021 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
Kiss on the cheek, boys. Let's go!
Feb 16, 2023 4:40 AM
Feb 2023
I really love Viktuuri
We were born to ship Viktuuri!!

Mary_luv_animeFeb 16, 2023 12:51 PM
Nov 21, 2023 6:12 PM

Mar 2018
Okay Yuuri actually went off, how does he top that. Best routine so far, the fall and trips add sovl
hello hello
Mar 9, 8:06 PM
Jan 2023
This show gets better as I keep watching. I was on the edge of my seat.
Apr 19, 10:07 PM
Oct 2023
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I'm crying.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.