Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2016 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
This is just so good. All of it.
It's funny and refreshing. I just love it so much.
Oct 12, 2016 4:19 PM

Nov 2012
Vicchan is so cute. I'm in love♡♡♡
Oct 12, 2016 4:30 PM
Jun 2014
It was a slower episode than the first but I understand that there will be build up or training episodes. This episode basically shows the 3 main characters meeting each other for the first time and a little character development. I am excited to see Yuuri do the Eros performance! Still loving the Opening too :)

I like how straightforward and savage Victor can be but also cute and funny. Victor flat out tells Yuuri that he is fat and mediocre and won't train him until he proves himself haha.
BriBri812Oct 12, 2016 4:58 PM
Oct 12, 2016 4:36 PM

May 2009
From now on Japan Yuri is Buta-chan and Russia Yuri is Neko-chan :3
LOL What an episode! Viktor has no problem telling it like it is, but he's so cool!
Buta-chan finally lost weight, but now has to compete with Neko-chan to train with Viktor.
Can't wait for the competition, to see what they can do with songs that are opposite to their personalities!
Ganbatte!<3
Oct 12, 2016 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
Another good episode. Yuri vs Yuri, as expected. Glad they added a bit more detail to some of the ice skating, as in the trail marks during Yuri ice skating for a little bit near the end, though the scenes with Victor didn't have any. Yes, it bothered me that much.
Oct 12, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2015
That ending was pretty motivating
Oct 12, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Yurio's an amusing kid (and relatable with that tiger shirt). With him in addition to Victor and Yuuri, their interactions seem pretty fun. Looking forward to how the competition goes.
Oct 12, 2016 4:51 PM
Sep 2009
Yaoi on ice indeed. Yaoi fanservice is so heavy here, you don't even need yaoi goggles on.
Oct 12, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2014
i love how "modern" the show is like how upon arriving, russian yuri snaps a photo of something he found interesting (even if it was on the creepy side) and decides whether to post it...also how viktor uses hashtags when he took that pic at hasetsu castle.

animation is cool. i don't think i can say enough words to express how amazing MAPPA is in this regard. i've always loved their style.

character-wise... i love how our protag isn't some clueless noob who needs to be literally spoonfed just to move. he's actually motivated and i love that. russian yuri being into cat prints is so cute tho.

my theory is that jp yuri and viktor are based on yuzuru hanyu and evgeni plushenko lol

can't wait for the next ep! i wanna see how they both interpret agape and eros when they're kinda opposite!!
Oct 12, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
I'm really enjoying this show.

The animation is beautiful and I'm liking a lot the character interactions so far. Watching the Yuris get schooled by Victor was incredibly funny.

I'm really looking foward to next week episode! :D
Oct 12, 2016 6:06 PM
Jun 2016
Great episode I liked how viktor tried to get close to yuri and yuri's reaction was hilarious can't wait to see both yuri's programs. Great anime so far can't wait for more !
Oct 12, 2016 6:08 PM

Oct 2015
Well the Yaoi scene is more strong than the first episode.
Oct 12, 2016 6:13 PM

Apr 2016
Victor is a total badass.
Oct 12, 2016 6:19 PM

Sep 2015
I didn't like EP 1 but I liked this one. Yurio best Yuri confirmed.

Doujins when?

You just lost the game
Oct 12, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2015
Great episode I love animation and traits that have these characters ... Everything in this series in clean and wonderful. I do not want to advance but looks for "anime of the year" I hope ... Chao. xD xD XD.
Oct 12, 2016 6:46 PM

Jun 2014
The yaoi-bait is real here.

Oct 12, 2016 7:05 PM
Aug 2015
Top tier sons, anyways gr8 and gay.

Love "Yurio" and fck me Victor knows what's up.
Oct 12, 2016 7:18 PM

Aug 2016
Really liked this ep, I'm so glad that it didnt disappoint. It's good to see Victor is not just worried about the choreography but also the Yuri's past and story, and I really enjoyed what the japanese Yuri asked for if he wins... Idk what will happen next but I'm very excited!!
Oct 12, 2016 7:49 PM

May 2015
Really diggin the relationship between the three mains. Hope to see how it develops.
Oct 12, 2016 7:52 PM
Dec 2015
I'm really enjoying this show; so far it has exceeded my expectations (and I really like that op as well) The whole gag with Yuri being "fat" got a bit annoying after a while, but I honestly don't mind too much.
Oct 12, 2016 7:54 PM

Mar 2015
A little linguistic note:

Don't be fooled by the English subtitles. When Yuri and Victor talk about 'girlfriends', Victor utters the word KOIBITO which translates as 'lovers' and can mean both sexes. I'm sure the most of viewers, who regularly watch (romance) anime noticed this. But I just wanted to point it out once again...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
TyrelOct 13, 2016 12:46 AM
Oct 12, 2016 7:57 PM
Aug 2010
i can't wait to see yuri skate to eros lol
but honestly i liked this episode more than the first, the interactions between victor and the two yuris are great
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Oct 12, 2016 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
Did anybody notice there was slight change in the background of the opening song?

Nice episode.
Oct 12, 2016 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Nossa to amando mt esse anime socorr
Oct 12, 2016 8:48 PM
May 2013
zeus81 said:
This show is definitely gay and as it I think we can say that it's directed to a female audience, especially fujoshis.
And the image I have of the fujoshi is a bi girl, shy, not very effeminate, with glasses, acne, no male friends, who doesn't take much care of herself and as consequence is chubby.
So I was wondering if you girls were offended by the ordinary discrimination and the repetitive mocking against jap Yuri because of his overweight in these first two episodes?

I'm a fujoshi and none of what you described is true :))) well except the megane part, I do wear glasses but I made sure to choose a pair fashionable enough.
Still I got your point, so to answer it: If I were chubby I wouldn't mind. The mocking is meant to be motivating, it's for your own good, it proves that the person saying it cares about you (if it's some random strangers insulting me then it wouldn't affect me in the first place)
In this anime the point is made perfectly: Yuri got the whip of love and became fit to skate again :))
Oct 12, 2016 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
zeus81 said:
This show is definitely gay and as it I think we can say that it's directed to a female audience, especially fujoshis.
And the image I have of the fujoshi is a bi girl, shy, not very effeminate, with glasses, acne, no male friends, who doesn't take much care of herself and as consequence is chubby.
So I was wondering if you girls were offended by the ordinary discrimination and the repetitive mocking against jap Yuri because of his overweight in these first two episodes?

A little off the topic of what you originally asked, but I had a little bit of a lol at the generalizations. A lot of fujoshi don't actually fit that stereotype at all! Our interests don't designate our appearance. :P

However this is exactly what I was thinking while I was watching as well. I used to spend a lot of time on Tumblr (as you probably know there are a lot of people on there that get "triggered" over literally anything) so it made me wonder how they would react. :P Most overweight people that I know of are typically unfazed by this kind of stuff. Fat jokes are so prevalent in media nowadays that I think a person would go absolutely crazy if they let it get to them. For the most part people just seem to play it off as self-depreciating humour, but I'm sure a few of the remarks definitely hurt.
TheBigBadBakaOct 12, 2016 9:17 PM
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
Oct 12, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
I'm so loving this anime!

Victor, Yuri, and Yurio are such great characters!

The triplets are adorable and behave much more adult than they are, so business minded too!

Loved the OP and ED! The insert music was also awesome!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 12, 2016 10:10 PM
Feb 2016
This definitely raise the bar from the previous episode. While the 1st episode made me feel it's an enjoyable watch this episode definitely makes my blood pump. I enjoy every scene and felt that I never want the episode to end!!

The opening scene was hilarious! It was all serious and feels like a sad parting but ended up to be a funny scene when the Russian coach said that Victor never listened to what he said. I guess both Yurio and Victor never really did listen to him and did what they want and since they're talented guess the coach can never really restrict them.

But Victor is definitely an interesting character. He's not a one type of personality kind of guy. He shows his kindness to Yuuri by willing to be his coach but showed his sadistic side by not letting Yuuri eat his favorite meal until he manage to win and called him Piggy and not letting him to skate until he lost his weight but he also shows a very relax mode and a serious one when he tries to learn more about Yuuri. This character is definitely one that people has to notice. And not to mention his seiyuu, Suwabe Junichi, needs to speak in short phrase of English and Russian.

Yuuri doesn't seem to be the type that gets beat down and give up easily no matter what anyone throws at him. I'm definitely anticipating his take on Eros performance. While Yurio is definitely the type to just blurt out whatever is on his mind without caring what the other person feels as long as he gets out what he feels. Although I kinda feel that he wants to take the Eros because he could feel Yuuri's slight interest in it but I'm also anticipating his take on Agape.

And I just have to mention this: is every episode going to have a buck naked Victor and him flirting/seducing Yuuri? Because if yes then I'm really going to suffer every week because having to wait for another week for a new episode

Oct 12, 2016 10:21 PM

Feb 2014
Fucking hell, even Sayo Yamamoto seems to have sold her soul to the fujoshi demon. Well, she too has bills to pay, and since it isn't too gratuitous (as of now anyway), I guess I can live with some fanservice. I would have also preferred if the show didn't have so much manga style humor. But besides that, so far this has been a pretty solid show.

That "I want to keep eating katsudon with you" sounded more like the miso soup pick up line/proposal.

And damn, Minako is hot as hell. We need more female characters with actual noses and visible foreheads.
Oct 12, 2016 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
Man, I love the BGM of this show.
Oct 12, 2016 10:58 PM

Nov 2007
I was grinning like a complete idiot while watching this episode. So fun! :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 12, 2016 11:38 PM

Mar 2015
The only thing that don t like in this anime is the chibi faces
Oct 12, 2016 11:40 PM
Mar 2016
Really awesome episode! That Pork Cutlet brought out the inner food wars!!
Oct 13, 2016 12:04 AM

Jun 2013
Really good episode, I hope this doesn't get too overhyped to the point that everyone will start to shit on it like every show that gets popular nowadays.
Oct 13, 2016 12:31 AM

Feb 2014
Great follow up episode. This show is very gay but that does not bother me at all. Who else noticed the visual changes to the opening?
Oct 13, 2016 12:35 AM

Dec 2015
This anime really screams YAIO to me! HAHAHAHAHA! but I gave it a chance!
so to hell with that yaio/gay! I didn't actually expect I would like this anime so far!
and I would be lying if I didn't enjoy seeing those *cough* naked victor fanservice *cough* HAHA!

but what really fascinates me are the characters

Victor not only a legandary character that serves as the inspiration to yuri but is really quite a decent person. I thought he was the arrogant character at first, given his status of being the world renown skater but it was the opposite because he is willing to couch yuri and help him be the skater he wanted to be.

Yurio, now this is the arrogant rival that I've been waiting for! I honestly have a weakness to wild, prideful and confindent characters who's up for development! and Yurio is slowly fitting into this characteristics. but what made me love him even more is his obsession! which makes the show even more hilarious!
QueenSapphireOct 13, 2016 12:40 AM
Oct 13, 2016 12:49 AM
Sep 2011
I liked this episode just as much if not even more than the first episode.

I feel like they improved their timing for gags and jokes so the episode goes more smoothly than before.
Which also means I spend the whole episode giggling and laughing and making everyone around me worry if I was alright ^.^
This time I also saw the "shonen ai" popping up but tbh I think it gives a nice little extra or side gag :D And it makes Viktor's character even more funny.

For next episode: I hope they finish the Agape and Eros competition between the 2 Yuris in one episode, not because I don't like it but because I think this anime is better off as a fast-paced one rather then a slow poke, where nothing is moving.
If all episodes are like this I hope we get many many more episodes!!!
Oct 13, 2016 1:44 AM

Aug 2009
IM IN TEARS. I TRULY SINCE I WAS YOUNG, LOVED LOVED LOVED ICE SKATING. YURI ON ICE IS SO AMAZING.
the worst thing about sports animes is the stereotype that people think youre there for "hott guys" but IM SERIOUS... THEY ARE SO INSPIRING AND BEAUTIFUL AND THATS WHY IM HERE!!! (tho lmao, the guys ARE gorgeous)
I THINK YURI ON ICE HAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ANIMATIONS I HAVE SEEN IN A LONGGG TIMEEE!!!
Oct 13, 2016 2:42 AM

Jul 2009
Even though I like wataching yaoi, I kinda hoped it wouldn't go that way in this series. Simply because it has a potential to be more than good. I mean, not that it isn't good so far, it is, I just picture it as a series that not only fujoshi could appreciate but other people too, that's all. And since I know many will drop this only because of these yaoi moments I feel... disappointed? Yeah, that's the feeling I thnk.

Still, I enjoyed the episode of course. Yurio is the type of a man (boy?) I like in anime the most, I can't wait to see his character development. It may be really fun to watch him struggling with himself while sharing the coach with Yuri. Especially because that coach already brought them both down to earth and in a most wicked way in addition.
And I know I'm repeating myself but I can't not mention the triplets. Jeez, I love them, the moment of amusement on their faces when Yurio appeared in front of the rink - priceless xD They forgot about their beloved Yuri in an instant, what was even funnier considering how big of a fangirl they were in the previous episode.
Oct 13, 2016 3:01 AM

Apr 2010
I know this anime can be good.. though the BL elements, just messes up my senses.. without those, I believe I would love this no doubt.. guess I'll give it more episodes to see if I can get used to it..
Oct 13, 2016 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good and omoshiroi episode.
I'm just hoping they let go of that cured world "Eros". Bring back nightmares of MasouGakuenHxH from last season O_O
Oct 13, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2015
I wanna watch the other figure skaters make an entrance.
Oct 13, 2016 3:27 AM

Jan 2012
I love Victor. The dude is hilarious ~
Oct 13, 2016 4:06 AM

Oct 2016
MelodyElodie said:
From my comment on Kissanime:

Omg I love how there is new little changes in the Op. That's really cool ^-^ I think in the last episode, we get to see the full animated OP and what is should look like and that would just be the best. Onwards to watching the episode!?

I know!! The changes were really cool especially because I saw people complaining about copy/pasted footage but I now understand why they did it! I wonder if they'll keep making changes for the other episodes?
thirstyforlemonOct 13, 2016 4:09 AM
Oct 13, 2016 4:58 AM

Dec 2007
Totally love this eps!! I'm enjoying this show & I can't wait for the rest!!
And all the charas are really good + Victor is so funny ^^
Oct 13, 2016 5:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Begin the first match, the pre-grand prix!!! two players, two styles but one winner!!! 7 days to left!!!! (in anime xD)
Oct 13, 2016 6:02 AM
Sep 2013
Does anyone know if the On Love: Agape and Eros are actual songs BECAUSE I LOVE IT BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT ;_;
Oct 13, 2016 6:54 AM

Oct 2016
Oh! Oh! I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the bit where Victor asks Yuri if he's had a girlfriend is actually a mistranslation here: http://datboi707.tumblr.com/post/151727461842/okay-yall-listen-to-me-ill-make-it-short-so

I'm not sure if it was a conscious decision to use a gender neutral word (maybe so that they don't put off either audience) or if it just happened but I find it super exciting!!
Oct 13, 2016 7:17 AM

Feb 2012
This show's humor is really lousy. Nothing but wacky faces and characters acting silly in a normally serious situation. I understand the importance of levity in a product, but they try to be funny ALL THE TIME, never taking Yuri's situation seriously once.

Let me ask an important question: if nobody in this show takes the ice-skating seriously, why should I? Why should I care how the competition between the two Yuris turns out when clearly, it's nothing more than a friendly cock-fight where all that's at stake is whether someone cries in a comical fashion?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 13, 2016 7:52 AM
Aug 2015
Would be awesome if the change the opening every episode by adding something...
Great episode afterall, felt like minutes.
Vicchan is hilarious btw
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.