Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 15, 2016 9:09 PM

May 2014
Yamada2 said:
Damn those gay moments might scare me away. I'll try to survive though but it'll be tough if Victor is going to get too close to either of the Yuris every time he's with them.

News about Victor coaching the Japanese Yuri spreads far and wide and the Russian Yuri is pissed because he was supposed to be Victor's disciple. Lol when he takes those pictures but then tries to control himself and not post them on social media because his coach will find out. But he succumbs and ends up posting the tiger shirt on the net lol.

And Victor gives the two Yuris the choice between two tunes to skate to. And he gives them the opposite tunes the chose because doing something out of character is what will surprise people. If you do the expected then where's the fun in that? Both Yuris are determined to have Victor all for themselves... that probably sounded wrong... But whatever. Overall a nice episode (save for those tones which might make me run away). But the question is, when will the Japanese Yuri get his new hairdo? He should really start looking like a bishounen instead of the loser he looks like now.

You have to bear through it~ I bet it will be gayer and gayer lol

And BTW the two Yuris somehow remind me to Deku and Kacchan lol

Dahyun said:
russian yuri is pretty cute haha

I know^^
ChuunichanOct 15, 2016 9:20 PM

Oct 16, 2016 3:48 AM

Oct 2013
This show continues to be interesting. Bestboi Victor is stirring things up and I'm hyped for J!Yuri vs R!Yuri competition. The comedy is also great.
Oct 16, 2016 4:14 AM

Oct 2008
How did this show get even more awesome with only 2 episodes? I can't believe how invested I am....even though I know next to nothing about figure skating. Can't wait so see how the Yuuri and Yurio perform next episode! :D
Oct 16, 2016 4:21 AM

Jul 2015
I'm so hype for the next episode, seriously. Yuuri and Victor should happen. LMAO

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate
Oct 16, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
Viktor roasted Japanese Yuri and his plus-sized belly.

Russian Yuri owns a black MCM, studded backpack. It's exactly the same designer backpack that I'm saving up for. Those backpacks are extremely popular in South Korea.

I still don't understand why a young 27-year-old champiom figure skater wants to train someone four years younger than him. Russian Yuri is such a stereotypical hothead and him kicking Japanese Yuri in front of those reporters should have disqualified him. Nothing makes sense and it seems all so wishy washy but despite it, this is still one of the better Anime series of this season.
臭い-
Oct 16, 2016 10:24 AM

Mar 2013
Everybody here is gushing out over every single thing in this show

Meanwhile the only thing about it that gets me going is the ED.
Oct 16, 2016 7:34 PM

Mar 2010
Hype ruined for me. I don't enjoy threesomes/rivialys. (totally expected since its sports... My bad )
I am guessing that Yuuri will win since Yuri is pretty savage and would've took viktor back to Russia = /end of anime if he had won
StardewOct 16, 2016 7:37 PM
Oct 16, 2016 10:17 PM

Apr 2009
loved this episode and normally i skip OST but love the song
Oct 16, 2016 10:32 PM

Dec 2012
Oh it was a fantastic episode. Yuri has now a big rival, another Yuri, Yurio. The skating part and the humor are very good and I like how Victor trains them. They will become polyvalent in their sport
Oct 16, 2016 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
AvidAnimeViewer said:
If anyone glimpses at my screen while watching this:

+99999999999 kekekekekekekekeekekekkekekekekekek
Oct 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Jun 2008
OMG THESE CHARACTERS! XD
I adore them all!
Oct 17, 2016 1:54 PM

Nov 2015
Another fucking great episode.
I'm still in love with the OP, it's just so good.

AOTS so far
5/5
Oct 17, 2016 7:38 PM
Jan 2011
Great episode overall! I'm relatively new to watching ongoing anime (and just watch very few), but sports anime is still something I haven't picked up to watch even though I've wanted to.
So I started with this! Gotta say that because of being unfamiliar with the apparent (?) common BL vibes or manservice in sports anime, it throws me off a bit. Cause I didn't expect it at all xD I'm not a fujoshi, but can enjoy some shonen-ai, just do not like the "teasing", if its not actually going to be a thing. :/ and the manservice is distracting to me for the story. lol How do guys do it, while watching so many anime with bouncing boobs everywhere??
I'm like "Yes, Victor's speech is important! Oh look, Yurio's ass. Nice. No wait, the DIALOGUE. Oh Yuri's ass now, ok. But like, let me focus on the story! Oh GOD VICTOR'S ASS."

So yeah, I prob wouldnt have watched it if I waited till it finished airing, cause i'm too picky for anime, buuut since its ongoing and I can spare 20 minutes a week, i'll see how it goes! Maybe i'll learn to multi-task and enjoy both story + fanservice? Who knows.
Oct 18, 2016 1:23 AM

May 2012
Dahyun said:
russian yuri is pretty cute haha

Yusss

Please, he's literally the only reason I decided to check out this show lmfao
Oct 18, 2016 3:59 AM
Dec 2009
Another really enjoyable episode. I love the comedy in this show.

Also really nice to see smartphones and social media depicted realistically in a show! Instagram ❤︎
Oct 19, 2016 8:47 AM

Mar 2015
Shounen-Ai

Shounen-ICE

nice homophony there :D
Oct 20, 2016 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
These freaking homoerotic tense scenes are the driving force to me losing bag after bag of blood. And the triplets scheming to make this huge. yes
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Oct 21, 2016 5:48 AM

Jul 2016
1%yaoi+49%comedy+60%story

You may think,errr...after summing up,it doesn't equal to 100%,yet because this show is trying to entertain us,while story is moving forward.Yuri on ice is following this golden ratio,that's why it's fabulous.

Apart from that,Victor seems to be a playful teacher,while he is very strict coach.Damm...They did so well on the ratio,it can't stop to amaze me,5/5

Life is empty without anime

Oct 22, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
Victor needs to stop calling Yuri "piggy" was what was going through my mind throughout the whole episode.
tretijOct 22, 2016 9:38 PM
Oct 24, 2016 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
why does Viktor always randomly say English lines and not Russian?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 3:02 PM

Feb 2014
This episode makes me ship YurixVictor even more! Another well-done episode.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Oct 26, 2016 4:10 PM
Sep 2015
Victor is such a great senpai !!!!
Oct 29, 2016 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
So why is the Russian talking like he's American?
Nov 2, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
Not much skating this episode. I'm not surprised that the other Yuri is back - he admittedly hurts my score a bit because I think he's ear-gratingly obnoxious. Some of the background characters are the same and treat the main Yuri poorly.

The show as a whole is entertaining, and there were a few solid gags this episode (wasn't impressed by any of them in the first episode), but I'm still going to keep my score at 6 for now.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 3, 2016 5:32 AM

Jun 2016
I enjoyed this episode. It's a bit hard for me to wait for a whole week but i still want to watch this.

Surprisingly, I'm not annoyed by the Rissian Yuri. He's ambitious and sees the other Yuri as an obstacle, that's all. I love competitions! It inspires you so much just to watch two talented people compete with each other. And I liked how Victor assigned them the opposite programs ^_^
Nov 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
The art in this series is pleasantly nice and fine.
The animation of the skating sequences is stunning.
Enjoying the series so far.
Nov 6, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2014
Good animation and character designs are very lovely , but the only thing I dislike is those cheap facial expressions.. Can't stand how such visual breaks that beautiful face..

Fun how two Russian people who use Russian on their phones , still speak Japanese with each other. ( I know I know why )
Nov 10, 2016 12:30 PM
Feb 2015
i really like the comedy in this one (the opening reminds me of Mulan)
Nov 13, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 2010
I love how different the OP and ED music and graphics are, compared to general anime stuff. The anime is very entertaining and the characters are likeable, looking forward to more!
Nov 14, 2016 1:54 AM

Aug 2013
Wow they really have smooth and slim bodies lmao.
Those triplets are really funny + Victor combo is hilarious. xD
This is becoming exciting hehehe.
Nov 15, 2016 4:17 AM

Nov 2016
Definitely contender for AotS as well as March Comes in Like a Lion and Flip Flappers. I haven't watched Drifters yet though.
Nov 23, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
I love how Yuri, Yuuri and Victor's personalities are so defined in the second episode already. Victor isn't as sweet and silly as he seems to be, but instead has a cocky arrogance befitting of a king in the ice skating world. I love how he used a gender-neuteral term when probing for Yuuri's past romance experiences. The twist at the end with the skating assignment was really surprising, and a so fitting of his character!
Dec 12, 2016 9:04 AM

Jun 2016
Yuri and Yurio will be facing each other in an event.
Dec 27, 2016 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode, staying engaging and straight forward.
Jan 20, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2015
I love how, during his recaps, even if he’s talking about something really serious or upsetting, Yuri seems so damn happy, lol. Also, all this fat shaming is making me really uncomfortable and insecure.

I am writing this as I watch. Currently, Viktor is outside of Yuri’s room. I believe my exact words were “Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.” I am one to feel secondhand embarrassment, and I sense much is coming. Viktor’s already huge ego is going to explode. So far I do NOT like him. Reluctantly pressing “play” now.
Oh thank goodness. That was close, lol.

I love Yuuko and her kids. Viktor, on the other hand, I very much hate. I hope he becomes more bearable.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 25, 2017 4:06 AM

Mar 2015
I like the competitive spirit in this one
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 31, 2017 8:58 AM
Jan 2017
Does anyone know how long Victor was in Japan with Yuri K. before Yuri P. showed up?

I know it was long enough for Yuri is lose all the weight he gained, but was it only a few weeks or a couple months? He still seems nervous around Victor, but he seems used to his presence at this time in the show...
Feb 19, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
Another case of "reserved east" meets "liberated west".
I hope the series keeps maintaining this light tone while telling this "dream come true" story.

4/5 May the boys learn to rely on themselves.
Rei_IIIFeb 19, 2017 9:45 AM
Feb 27, 2017 4:31 AM

Aug 2016
Yaoi action going on, hot!

Set by SenpieX
Mar 7, 2017 6:09 AM

Sep 2016
I love how the social media is involved in this show.
You just cannot help posting the photos you love online even if you know it might cause you trouble.
As a side note, tiger sweatshirt is cool. I need to get myself one.

Both Agape & Eros sound quite nice. I’m a bit surprised that Victor assigned them the opposite music. But I kinda agree with him that it’s a good idea to perform the opposite of what people expect.
Mar 7, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2010
Did I just witness 4 years old triplets organizing sport event that caught attention of the whole city.

Dafuq xD

Tsun Yurio is tsun. I don't dislike him, but I hope he gets more interesting later.
Mar 18, 2017 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
Victor such a troll :D
Yuri being called Yurio was hilarious though.

The match between both Yuri's should be good!
Apr 6, 2017 9:32 AM

May 2013
LOLOLOL I love the faces Yurio makes ahhahahhahaaaa he's so expressive. I'm dying XD
May 19, 2017 8:20 PM

Jun 2011
Not as good of an episode, frankly rather disappointing. The Russia's Yuri is too loud, doesn't really fit in the elegance of the show. His character is decent by itself though, and his rivalry with our MC Yuri may prove to be exciting.

I dislike the fangirls grab move by making Victor all smiley with an unnaturally small mouth, it's just cringe when I see a pretty boy acting all cute to grab the heart of fangirls. I hope it doesn't turn into just yet another fanservice show for the girls.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 18, 2019 10:53 PM

Aug 2017
Yuuri needs to lose weight.

Well, the comedy is still boring. I think that it only works with that Russia's Yuri.

The show should be more serious.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 8, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
These two episodes have been amazing setups to what's, hopefully, going to be a good arc. We've had some character development for our main character already and it was also handled in a very tasteful way. The development itself may not have been very original (he gets anxious and isn't very social), but the execution was great.

Of course MAPPA's eye-popping production values really help in that matter. There are so many well animated little scenes; every character just oozes personality. The music is also very fitting and quite captivating.

I'm really looking forward to the future episodes. I hope the show manages to keep this pacing, because it's perfect.
Nov 22, 2019 5:28 PM
May 2019
Watching Yuri on Ice for the second time, and just realized how cute Viktor's dog is! I mean, I literally paid the cutie no attention the first time around LOL It bounces like a rabbit rather than a dog and I'm all for it.

This episode was so hilarious! I usually hate obnoxious, loud, and overly passionate characters like Russian Yuri, but he's actually hysterical and I love it.
Apr 11, 2020 10:06 AM

Mar 2019
This episode was so funny. I can't believe Yuri came to Japan! I hope both of them get the lessons they deserve and have a fair competition between both Yuuri
Oct 20, 2020 3:24 AM

Jun 2020
i must be the only person who is watching this for the ice skating lol

i don't see any of this as yaoi/fujo-bait? it fits into the narrative for me, at least for now. just 2 episodes in so maybe it's too early for me to say.

anyway that assignment that victor gave them was interesting enough! really liked how he switched it up by making them perform opposite-to-their-image routines

YURIO is definitely the highlight of this for me so far

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 18, 2021 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
This has a lot more fun energy than expected.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.