Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 13, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode. very interesting.
Oct 13, 2016 8:10 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode, I need moarrr

Oct 13, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2008
This show keeps getting better!
so many funny moments!
LOL at the triples, always stealing the show's attention!
5/5!

Oct 13, 2016 8:54 AM
Jun 2016
I'm not gay but ..... damn Victor ! (and the wonderful voice of Junichi Suwabe)
Oct 13, 2016 9:04 AM

Jan 2015
Got a bit scared when I saw the quality for some of the drawings during conversational scenes (especially the first confrontation between Yuuri and Yurio) but Yurio's huge kick and the small bit we saw of Viktor's skating gives me hope that it'll be okay.

Show's doing a nice job of setting up a cool dynamic between the three mains by introducing their defining character flaws (Yuuri's stage fright and comparative lack of innate talent, Yurio's dependency and slight inferiority-superiority complex, and Viktor's impulsiveness and perfectionism). It's cool. Viktor's also such a badass mentor. What brute honesty!

I'm sure that the fujobait will only get stronger as the series progresses. (This is okay.)
Oct 13, 2016 9:15 AM

Aug 2016
THIS IS LIKE ALREADY ONE OF MY FAVORITE ANIMES <33
Victor, Yuri and Yuri are just all my sons and I cherish them with all my heart I just want MORE ALREADY !!
Oct 13, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
I'm so obsessed and angry with myself for starting it when it's still airing.
Oct 13, 2016 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
Might be a little too soon to call it, considering it's only two episodes in but I feel like this is going to be one of my favourites for the season.

Will be interesting to see Yuri dance to 'Eros'.

Hopefully he wins and shows brat Yuri that he is a threat.
Oct 13, 2016 10:05 AM
Mar 2010
I don't deserve this show. Heaven has blessed me and given me more than I deserve.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 13, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Loved this episode! I liked all the yaoi teasing there... I wish there's going to be more of it in the future as well. Even though this is not a gay series, I guess I can still gey my fill with these moments *nom nom nom nom.*

Otherwise, a wonderful episode - I love Victor's idea with regards to the two Yuri's skating programs... haha, he's a little bit evil himself, despite his ikemen appearance, isn't he? Got to love him, though, Victor is just too attractive and cool. I am really looking forward to Japanese Yuri's development... I want to see him shine. As far as Yurio (haha) is concerned, I guess I'm not rooting for him just as much, but then again, he's darn cute as well.

Certainly looking forward to the next episode.
<3
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Oct 13, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2008
thirstyforlemon said:
Oh! Oh! I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the bit where Victor asks Yuri if he's had a girlfriend is actually a mistranslation here: http://datboi707.tumblr.com/post/151727461842/okay-yall-listen-to-me-ill-make-it-short-so

I'm not sure if it was a conscious decision to use a gender neutral word (maybe so that they don't put off either audience) or if it just happened but I find it super exciting!!

AHHH I totally missed this one. I mean I heard the ”koibito” word, and I know what it means, but I was fooled by the translation (of ”girlfriend”) and didn't even think about it, darn, so THANK YOU, hahahha! <3
Well, Vic does ask Yuri whether there's a girl he likes (sukina onna no ko ga iru no, or smth like that, which translates to ”is there a girl you like?” )... but he asks it in a gay manner, so it's forgiven *evil, fujoshi laugh*
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Oct 13, 2016 11:15 AM
Oct 2014
I've been a fujoshi for years and though I already lost interest and finally want to move on but nooope.

Thanks, Yuri on Ice.

I will eternally embrace Victor's butt and his gayness and die peacefully -w-
Oct 13, 2016 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
This episode in a nutshell
Helenus said:
A little linguistic note:

Don't be fooled by the English subtitles. When Yuri and Victor talk about 'girlfriends', Victor utters the word KOIBITO which translates as 'lovers' and can mean both sexes. I'm sure the most of viewers, who regularly watch (romance) anime noticed this. But I just wanted to point it out once again...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Quite ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) indeed
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 13, 2016 2:09 PM

Apr 2009
Probably going to get lots of people disagreeing with me on this one, but the second episode wasn't as good as the first.
Plus, the animation was all derpy and low budget in some scenes compared to the beautiful animation from the first episode.
Though I'm guessing that the amount of fanservice we got compensates it... a bit.

Oct 13, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
i wanted to scream about how koibito is not a girlfriend but i see others did already.....as a someone who does translating,i can't accept when someone else half-asses their job in the name of heteronormativity.

anyway, why they have Viktor acting like an stereotypical anime American though......
Oct 13, 2016 3:22 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode. I love the depth of these characters. Everyone has a strength, weakness, and something motivating them. Sayo Yamamoto did a fantastic job balancing everything.

I'm sold.

5/5
Oct 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Aug 2016
JESUS CHRIST THIS SHOW IS GAY

Victor is awesome and officially my favorite character

Russion Yuri is so cute, i love how angry he is all the time.

Overall, this episode was really good and I'm excited to see where this will go.
Oct 13, 2016 5:46 PM

Nov 2015
Pretty entertaining episode.

Oct 13, 2016 5:55 PM
Feb 2011
"I'll give it all the eros I've got!"

Yes, yes please. Give us the all the eros.
Oct 13, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
This is slowly turning into something not for me and i'm worried if the animation drops anymore because it's main redeeming factor in me watching this to muster through the not so great moments.

dislike these two with a burning passion but the set up was good
Oct 13, 2016 6:55 PM

Oct 2009
GangsterCat said:
holy shit victor is so gay

nah. he was talking about his ex girlfriend. he's bi. SO VERY BI.

japanese yuri is the one i think is gay 100%, crushing on Victor since he was 10 years old, and "having no experience in love" until now.
Oct 13, 2016 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
kitten320 said:
Yaoi on ice indeed. Yaoi fanservice is so heavy here, you don't even need yaoi goggles on.

I really hope they wont make them stright in the end. Theres not enough quality anime about LGBT characters, and I dont mean boys love anime, with all the uke-seme bulsshit.
The last one I could watch painlessly as a queer person, was No.6.
Oct 13, 2016 7:06 PM

Oct 2009
tinman21 said:
I know this anime can be good.. though the BL elements, just messes up my senses.. without those, I believe I would love this no doubt.. guess I'll give it more episodes to see if I can get used to it..

Just think that the characters are your friendly neightbourhood queers ;) This is not a boys love anime, the story is important, just the characters are gay/bi.
Oct 13, 2016 7:07 PM

Apr 2016
I'm really enjoying the show so far!! :) LOL at the suggestiveness from Victor... I love that there's English and Russian included. I'm looking forward to seeing how the two boys will perform their respective concepts! <33

I just adore how relaxed and serious Victor is. I can tell he'll be an awesome coach.
Oct 13, 2016 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
Yup, still loving this show. I really hope Yuri wins (because duh, i don't want pretty boy to leave and I also don't want him to randomly decide to stay anyway for whatever reason) and of course its an added bonus that Yurio will acknowledge him.

Yurio's fashion sense though xD And +10 for having a cat =D

I love Victor's poodle! This show is just too cute.

Totally looking forward to seeing Yuri do that Eros dance.
Oct 13, 2016 8:34 PM
Nov 2015
This is so gay, and I love it.
Oct 13, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
Russian Yuri is fucking outrageous... I love him! I'm really enjoying the main characters so far since they're so different to one another and the way they write their personalities are pretty funny. Good shit so far, good shit indeed 👍
Oct 13, 2016 11:49 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG Lol!!!!!!

Loving Victor Yuri and Yuri OMG <333

Oh and those kids XDDD <333
Oct 13, 2016 11:54 PM

Oct 2009
I sense Shounen Ai. I hope not. ;-;

Looking forward to see Yuri's ero skating lmaoo
Oct 14, 2016 12:23 AM

Jul 2011
Yuri doesn't have a 2D spineless personality. That line where he thought "He's totally underestimating me" really surprised me. <3 I think he's my fave despite grinning over Viktor's flirting. :O

Saying that, I really appreciate how they're steeping this in a story base even with all the fanservice and comedy. I think it blends together really nicely. Because as much as I like the fun, men's figure skating is still my favorite real and competitive sport out there. I'm way more excited when I watch them skating more than anything. (a real pro skater choreographs <3333333)
Oct 14, 2016 12:35 AM

Dec 2015
Savage Victor is perfect.

Yurio is like a kitten who likes to imagine himself as a lion.

Love the comedy, can't wait for more. I'm in love with this show.
Oct 14, 2016 3:19 AM
Dec 2013
wait a minute!!..so yuko actually already married to that bully??,,WTF!!..i thought she's the main heroin of this anime and i thought the bully and the triplet are her siblings..damn..i hope this anime is not going to be a Shounen Ai..
Oct 14, 2016 3:27 AM
Dec 2015
I love this episode a lot despite the lack of substantial skating, which I expect since I'm pretty sure there will not be much skating if it's not needed.

Viktor's personality is really savage but my favorite has got to be Russian Yuri/ Yurio (I still hate that it's his name that got changed for the sake of Japanese Yuri's titular main character). I'll call him Yuri and Japanese Yuri, Katsuki.

The moment he arrived was when the anime became instant gold for me, that sweatshirt scene and uploading it to Instagram was the best. <3 He reminds me of Bakugou, who I also love, a little bastard but with a steel heart/determination and pure talent!~ I actually wanted him to dance to Eros 'cause he'd really suit it, I bet. He's like a spoiled prince and his costume in that one competition was really beautiful on him. But Agape on him would be interesting, I like both version of the piece. Still, the title of the next episode based on the preview is, "I am eros and eros is me?" with both Yuri's saying it together so there might be a twist. Okay, I talked about him enough but really excited seeing his actual skating!~ I bet it'll be beautiful...
Oct 14, 2016 4:48 AM
Mar 2016
Amazing episode!
OMG, i just can't stop laughing when i see "sakting-otaku"
And Yuri, he's amazing and funny. I really appreciate his hard work and i was smiling like stupid when he said that thing about pork cutlets in the end of the episode.
I think that this anime is going to be one of my favourites although i watched only 2 epiodes by now.
I'm a huge fan of sports anime, so i'm going to enjoy the whole series for sure.
It's worth watching, so if you're an anime fan chek it out!
I use my lacking english to write about animes. I watch animes. I'm animes.
Oct 14, 2016 4:49 AM
Mar 2016
umaihanashi said:
Amazing episode!
OMG, i just can't stop laughing when i see "sakting-otaku"
And Yuri, he's amazing and funny. I really appreciate his hard work and i was smiling like stupid when he said that thing about pork cutlets in the end of the episode.
I think that this anime is going to be one of my favourites although i watched only 2 epiodes by now.
I'm a huge fan of sports anime, so i'm going to enjoy the whole series for sure.
It's worth watching, so if you're an anime fan chek it out!

I FORGOT ABOUT SOUNTRACK.
IT'S SO AMAZING, I REWATCHED THE OPENING LIKE 7 TIMES BEFORE WATCHING THE ACTUAL EPISODE.
I use my lacking english to write about animes. I watch animes. I'm animes.
Oct 14, 2016 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
Great eps again
Two yuri now with different personalities
Yuri (russia) is a lot of funnier
Dat moment when victor lift yuri's chin, so gay XD

5/5
Oct 14, 2016 6:55 AM

Mar 2016
the humour in this show is great! :D

but hey.. Yuri can't just gain weight quickly, he can also lose it quickly O.O
Oct 14, 2016 6:56 AM

Jun 2013
that was just amazing and the OP & ED are really good
BASED MAPPA
Oct 14, 2016 8:56 AM

Aug 2015
Excellent episode. I laughed loudly at every scene

Moreover there are two of my favorite seiyuu :)
Oct 14, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
Yamada2 said:
Damn those gay moments might scare me away. I'll try to survive though but it'll be tough if Victor is going to get too close to either of the Yuris every time he's with them. .

oh teh gay, how will you ever survive /s
Oct 14, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Drab ep to be honest, strongest point was the comedy and it was pretty average.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 14, 2016 3:48 PM
Dec 2015
After watching the first episode, I was afraid that the gay and fanservice parts would distract from the story, possibly making the show hard to take seriously... but to be honest, after watching this episode I kind of wish Viktor and Yuri end up as a confirmed couple. It would be such a shame if the creators put so much effort into their relationship only to go "nah nvm they're all straight" at the end. Haven't seen any shounen-ai or yaoi label though so I guess it's not that likely.

Also, I really love how blunt and unforgiving Viktor can be :P makes him a bit more layered as a character. Switching around the choice of music for Yuri and Yurio was an interesting move, definitely looking forward to the showdown.
Oct 14, 2016 6:50 PM

May 2016
teaknight said:
GangsterCat said:
holy shit victor is so gay

nah. he was talking about his ex girlfriend. he's bi. SO VERY BI.

japanese yuri is the one i think is gay 100%, crushing on Victor since he was 10 years old, and "having no experience in love" until now.

Actually, Victor said "partner" not girlfriend but the subbers are most likely heteronormativite and interpreted it that way
Oct 15, 2016 12:19 AM

Aug 2014
I'm so glad the animation quality didn't drop! That was my one concern with the first episode being so amazing. Less figure skating in this episode and more character development, which I am 100% on board with.
Oct 15, 2016 1:32 AM
Nov 2015
The show is bad overall. The art and the sounds are appealing, the characters sucks, the comedy isn't the best. But I don't know why I like this show so much.
Oct 15, 2016 3:26 AM
Jul 2016
I am loving this show so far, Victor is freakin hot I'm also enjoying the slight touch of man service too, as for the actual story so far its good but not amazing! But I'm okay with that, it's still such a good watch
Oct 15, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2016
Aaaaaaaaaand I'm gay.

Oh boy the icy burns are real in this episode.

It's convenient that these Russians know Japanese.

I'm really liking that ED.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Oct 15, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2015
Loved it! Viktor is soooooo amazing (and an eye candy).
I hope we can see Yurio turning into a lovely character as the show progresses.

#TeamYuri <3
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Oct 15, 2016 2:50 PM

Aug 2012
naomiluvsanime said:
Does anyone know if the On Love: Agape and Eros are actual songs BECAUSE I LOVE IT BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT ;_;

It's called "In regards to love - Eros" and "In regards to love - Agape", but they're only avaible on iTunes.
On youtube I found only short version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhAkTVD-eww
Oct 15, 2016 8:43 PM

May 2010
russian yuri is pretty cute haha
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.